[1.0.X]Engineering Based Tech Tree (with flight first option)

Probus

What mod(s) are a must in a Flight First Tech Tree?  

110 members have voted

1. 1. What mod(s) are a must in a Flight First Tech Tree?

• B9 Aerospace
    • CSS - Component Space Shuttle
    • KAX - Kerbal Aircraft eXpansion
    • Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System
    • Mk2 Stock-a-like Expansion
    • OPT Space Plane Parts
    • QuizTech Aero Pack
    • Retro-Future Planes
    • SXT - Stock eXTension
    • Other - See my post

Regarding your Flight First poll, I'm stunned Firespitter isn't included on the list especially since other packs on the list are dependent. Of course I haven't read the whole thread and you might have covered that point already. If so, please disregard this.

CSS would have the X-15 and 747 that Mike is making first, but not the Shuttle itself. As he's trying to make you have to do the ALT stuff before you take the shuttle into orbit.

Tried to play with this tech tree. Unfortunately, but it don't play well with hard mode: no science points at start plus no doable contracts what give science points after completion ("Launch first vessel" don't give science at hard mode, "Escape from atmosphere" and "Gathering science data from Kerbin" impossible to complete with starting parts).

Some science modules should be moved much earlier than they appear in stock, such as the thermometer and barometer; and perhaps add a limited version of the accelerometer that is fine for airplanes but a typical rocket would send its needle out of range.

Honestly I don't know what Squad was thinking placing those so late in the tree.

Regarding your Flight First poll, I'm stunned Firespitter isn't included on the list especially since other packs on the list are dependent. Of course I haven't read the whole thread and you might have covered that point already. If so, please disregard this.

Firespitter was one of the first done so I didn't put it on the list. I just wanted an idea of what other flight mods players would like to see included.

- - - Updated - - -

Love it! The only downside (for me) is that the basic Tantares LV parts are located under 'advanced rocketry 3.75'

Still, fun times!

Yeah, I haven't gotten to Tantares yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Some science modules should be moved much earlier than they appear in stock, such as the thermometer and barometer; and perhaps add a limited version of the accelerometer that is fine for airplanes but a typical rocket would send its needle out of range.

Honestly I don't know what Squad was thinking placing those so late in the tree.

For the most part they are moved forward in this tree. I have tried to make this tree quite challenging. Playing it on hard mode with reduced science is... well may not even be possible. I have been concentrating on balancing Normal difficulty.

I know I've said (something like) this before, but Universal Storage and Atomic Age both are uninstallable on CKAN due to the fact that both of them list "Community Tech Tree" as a dependency. Though both of them list it as a dependency, it really isnt, but CKAN doesnt know this and therefore when you try to install them with Engineering Tech Tree, well.. you get what would happen :P Basically, what I am saying is that you should list something in the OP referring to this issue so that people know they must manually download Atmoic Age and Universal Storage if they want to use those mods.

EDIT: Oh, and also, I am finally getting back into this awesome mod! Yaaay!

Does it have Near Future Construction? And the ALCOR pod? Surface Lights?

It has Surface Lights. I will add Near Future Construction and the ALCOR pod to my list of mods to work on.

- - - Updated - - -

I know I've said (something like) this before, but Universal Storage and Atomic Age both are uninstallable on CKAN due to the fact that both of them list "Community Tech Tree" as a dependency.

EDIT: Oh, and also, I am finally getting back into this awesome mod! Yaaay!

I've messaged Neatea to see if we can get CKAN sorted.

Thanks Acemcbean!

• 2 months later...