[SPOILER] (possibly) New main menu screen

4nxs

Hmmm... When looking at the rock in the front left and the new props i still see lighting inconsistancies here... The shadow of the front left rock is projected to the right, while the kerbal and shovel shadows are going to the left. If it would be a distant light source, shadows would go in the same direction. If it would be a centered point light, shadows would go away from the center of the screen, not inward... 2 solutions... 1) Crappy placed multi light sources in the scene, affecting different object layers (not the usual Squad style) or 2) fake...

Well, and without going tinfoil hat brigade, notice that while you can see kerbin south pole in the ( normal or not ) opening screen ... while the shadows indicate that you are near the moon north pole ;) You can't do that in the real Mun ( remember, Mun has 0º orbit inclination and 0º axis inclination ) .... and that is definitely not Minmus :D

And just to mention... Kerbals without helmets in a space scene... Com'on... Thats not Squad...

[edit] @ r_rolo1 - it is known that the intro scene is not in the game universe. It is a separate scene with no relations to the actual planet positions. However i like your explaination ;)

[edit2] The size of the kerbals in comparison to the capsule is wrong too. The shovel in the second picture has no shadow. I dont believe this. Proof me wrong!

Edited by Frank_G

And just to mention... Kerbals without helmets in a space scene... Com'on... Thats not Squad...

[edit] @ r_rolo1 - it is known that the intro scene is not in the game universe. It is a separate scene with no relations to the actual planet positions. However i like your explaination ;)

[edit2] The size of the kerbals in comparison to the capsule is wrong too. The shovel in the second picture has no shadow. I dont believe this. Proof me wrong!

Can you not tell it's a joke about the landing being faked?

Hmmm... When looking at the rock in the front left and the new props i still see lighting inconsistancies here... The shadow of the front left rock is projected to the right, while the kerbal and shovel shadows are going to the left. If it would be a distant light source, shadows would go in the same direction. If it would be a centered point light, shadows would go away from the center of the screen, not inward... 2 solutions... 1) Crappy placed multi light sources in the scene, affecting different object layers (not the usual Squad style) or 2) fake...

You know someone tried to debunk the moon landing with the same shadow theory... saw it on Mythbusters :wink:.

Whoever set this up should have put a fully-lit kerbal in the shadow of the lander heh.

<allcaps>The mun landing was faked</allcaps>
You know someone tried to debunk the moon landing with the same shadow theory... saw it on Mythbusters :wink:.

Whoever set this up should have put a fully-lit kerbal in the shadow of the lander heh.

looRY5v.gif

No idea where this pic is from.

I'm guessing this is a new, rare easter egg like the Sandcastle, but TextureReplacer removed their helmets.

EDIT: If he doesn't have TextureReplacer perhaps it's a reference to when someone mentioned that the Main Menu screen was the video game equivalent of a TV set.

I saw it a lot too, in 0.18 and 0.19, so often that I tought it was normal. Then, few version later, I've read that the regolith castle is an easter egg and never seen again...

I thought it dependent on screen resolution.

Note if you use Kethane it show kethane mapping of Kerbin, this is just an overlay as it show even if you has not mapped it fully.

I'm not sure, but it may be because a mod is inactive or unworkable with the current KSP build. I have on that needs to be updated (Firespitter) and I had that screen for the first time today.

By far my favorite bit is the random Kerbal all up in the camera's face.

Sadly this entire "faked mun landing" was itself just a fake. KSP mission directors had planned to use filmed footage because Jebediah's design stipulation for "MOAR BOOSTERS!" would have delayed the project indefinitely for lack of funds. Jebediah, ignoring KSP's official position that a kerballed launch would be suicide and doomed to failure absconded from the guarded film stage with his crew and went ahead with the real mission to the mun anyways. His piloting prowess unmatched, he landed the CSM nosefirst into the munar surface. Jebediah & Co's fate is currently unknown (prominent theories as to their whereabouts vary from "they settled down and took up root in a cave" to "planning an epic EVA return voyage to the Kerbal Space Station. George Klooney has been flown there just in case they run out of EVA propellant as they approach the station's large solar panel arrays.