Can anyone explain some things about REPUTATION?

1. Is there any way to see your actual reputation number, other than after recovering a flight?

2. How exactly does the green/blue rep meter work? Is the edge of the striped area the maximum?

3. Some contracts end up rewarding strange values like 12.847234237846237894. They're always listed as whole numbers in mission control though. Is this a bug, or is there something I'm doing that makes them not worth the full amount?

4. If I add up all the points I've gotten for contracts, my rep should be well over 10,000, but it's only saying that I have 900-something. What's the deal here? I've never lost any from a failed contract or lost kerbal.

Reputation supposedly influences the kind and quality contracts that you are offered. Squad will make gameplay enhancements to contracts and provide bigger influence from reputation. Mods, such as Mission Controller extended will take advantage of this as well.

Also, to see your real Reputaton value, search the persistent.sfs file for "rep ="

Nearly all values in KSP are stored as real numbers, i.e., with decimal values.

I think that the reputation shown on the repmeter is a bounded interval with a upper boundary of 1000.

[-]The forumla to calculate the shown reputation will be something like this:

R = 1000 - 1000*exp(-k*rep)

where R is the shown reputation, rep is the reputation value stored in the game file and k is a constant.[/-]

/EDIT:

Forget what I wrote. I've tested a bit. It seems to be as follows:

rep = reputation stored in the gae file (before completion of a contract)

rep_new = reputation after completion of contract

Delta_rep = reputation given from the contract (in the contract window, not the recovery window)

k = a (at the moment unknown constant)

rep_new = 1000 - (1000 - rep)*exp(-k*Delta_rep)

/EDIT 2:

Here some values:

reputation before contract: 898.0324

contract: 26 (+0.6 for recovery of Jeb)

reputation after contract: 899.2665

reputation before contract: 899.2665

contract: 4 (+0.6 for recovery of Jeb)

reputation after contract: 899.9401

Edited by Heimdall5008

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.