.24 losing its glamor?

Talavar

I've went to every planet.. every moon.. tested all kinds of crap all over the place.. rescued about 20 kerbals from the same orbit around KSP (what are they doing up there anyway?), And planted so many flags that my planets look like pin cushions... So the big question is.. WHAT NOW? lol.. I keep looking for some nice mods that will give me some real goals, but every one I come by that looks half decent seems to have some (broke) issue with them currently. I love the game/simulation, but I'm running out of things to do. Anyone have some good mod combos that are currently functioning correctly to give me some flare?

Career mode is just sandbox mode with limited goals provided to you. Now that you've completed the tech tree, you're really only limited in play by your own imagination. Just do what you did before 0.24/0.23 came out!

Career mode is just sandbox mode with limited goals provided to you. Now that you've completed the tech tree, you're really only limited in play by your own imagination. Just do what you did before 0.24/0.23 came out!
I can't, most of my favorite mods are broken ;.;

I see, well if you are looking for a challenge FAR, DRE and TACLS are all working wonderfully.
TACLS is great for realism. As is FAR. What is DRE? Edit: temp brain aneurism "Deadly re-entry" duh.. lol.. Those are all fantastic, but How about some good goal oriented mods.. I would love to build a space base somewhere, but the mods for them all seem to be having issues. Edited by Talavar

Truth be told, I got bored with career mode after one night, and I'm back in sandbox. I've done most of the hard stuff I care to do (yes, even a stock Eve return), so mostly I just build stuff and see what I can do with it. Resurrected my spacedock project, and have been having a blast. 0.24 fixed some of the bugs that had been driving me mad (the undo bug, mostly), so I'm still very happy with the progress.

Edited by LaytheAerospace

The game will always be about Sandbox mode.. Career is a nice diversion but if you just follow the Kode Of Kerbal in sandbox you will always be entertained

Build, blast off, blow stuff up..

Personally, I'm finding 0.24 to be more and more fun as I go on. Of course, it could be the truckload of mods I've installed (thank you, 64 bit!). While my budget can certainly accommodate my old designs, I am constantly trying to minimize costs when it comes to my rockets, and building long-term stations and other architecture in order to complete contracts and gather science economically.

Look up MKS. I'm playing in "Iron Man" Mode. Contracts plus MKS as a goal with no saves, no quick loads and no reversions. It's a challenge. I also have DRE and FAR just to make it a bit more difficult. I'm currently down nine Kerbals. Among them the orange suited guys. :cool:

If you've mastered stock KSP, try Realism Overhaul!

I personally never enjoyed career mode, KSP is about sandbox and the only goals I have are limited by my own imagination.

What the developers should realize is that the longevity of this game doesn't lie in the stock version but in the MODDING COMMUNITY. If this game didn't have mods, it would not have lasted this long.

Colonize your planets.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/48876-The-art-of-modular-base-building

You should establish a spaceport for every major planet you feel needs one, and dock fuel ships to them maybe.

I don't know where you found the time to "beat" KSP, (I use the term the only way you can in this situation; loosely. ) but you're sitting where everyone wants to eventually be. You're playing career mode with complete freedom to mess about.

Usually when I get to that point in a game, I start over and do it up even better. Games that require creativity give back what you put into them.

Edited by Mister Kerman

The "build a swing on the Mun" challenge is still outstanding...

@Wanderfound so where is that Mun swing challenge page? :sticktongue:

Lack of trust for the lander made me crash a couple of times, untill I had a more controlled crash and managed to keep the swing intact.

Build/launch stage was a disaster aswell and required a couple of saves/reverts as FAR made it explode or topple and ofcourse the launch clamp bugs that snap to your ship mid launch for instant destruction :P

But here you go, Jeb&Bill swinging on the Mun!

[just uploaded so give hd a few minutes from this post]

I have two installs of KSP on my computer, one .23.5 for my RO+RSS install and the other is .24.2 that has most of my normal mods on it.

My RO install I am finding it challenging and fun to try and build an aircraft that can actually fly trans-Atlantic non-stop. You would be amazed at how hard that actually is.

I know my career mode is hacked so I max out the science tree first thing to unlock all the parts, then I zero out my science so I can keep track of what I actually get.

The problem with this update, and the last couple before it, is that they haven't added anything extra for us to actually do. We're still landing on the same few planets using the same parts. All career mode has added is arbitrary restrictions to what we've been doing before.

Has anyone attempted to completely encircle a planet with docked space stations yet? Not sure if it's possible but I thought I'd ask.

I like that idea hehe

If it`s doable with the 2.4km distance is another question, but challenge accepted :sticktongue:

Will start after the movie and do it live+record for the lulz again :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.