[1.8.x - 1.12.x] Salyut Stations (Salyut/Almaz) - 8-26-21

raidernick

WARNING REGARDING VOSTOK/VOSKHOD: These two spacecraft are VERY heavy on cpu and RAM usage because of the level of detail in the models and textures. If you do not have a VERY powerful PC you will likely see a large amount of lag.

If your game lags/hangs or crashes you can go into the "Kerbal Space Program\GameData\RN_Soyuz\Parts\7k" folder and delete ALL files with the name Vostok or Voskhod in them.

This is NOT an issue with the models or textures that can be solved without removing detail and functionality, but is rather an issue with the hardware it is being used on.

All of this is especially true if you are using the reflection shaders. By default it supports the reflection plugin with an optional mm config for texture replacer. The TR config will cause a LOT of lag on crappy computers, there is a BIG warning about this in the download. The reflection plugin shaders will also cause lag on less powerful computers. If you want to remove these shaders delete the TR mm config and the reflection plugin.

Edited by raidernick

WARNING REGARDING VOSTOK/VOSKHOD: These two spacecraft are VERY heavy on cpu and RAM usage because of the level of detail in the models and textures. If you do not have a VERY powerful PC you will likely see a large amount of lag.

Yeah, that's true. I couldn't even assemble Vostok in VAB without crashing out ;.;

Still want to say that tis is a very good job.

raidernick, yes I am well aware of the Reflection plug advisory you gave in your mod. Which was why I made a point of stating in my comment that I had R/O Reflection Mod as causing the lag spike. Complete removal of that plug in changed the craft to a blank white state that is still causing system lag and crashes to desktop. Also due to the fact I have altered the part for RSS there are many variables that are probably causing my issues that are unrelated to your mod. I'll fiddle more in a stock configuration and see if I can root out the cause, it is a fantastic set of models so is worth the effort to get it functioning and trust me it's not due to a lack of hardware. As always I greatly appreciate your continued efforts with your real world mods and look forward to what you'll produce next.

Peace

Hello,

First of all I would like to ask your forgiveness for my writing I am French and I translated all this with Google Translate.

Then congratulations to you, your work is wonderful, thank you.

However I have two concerns I put the images you will better understand:

http://www.noelshack.com/2015-10-1425315050-2015-03-02-00001.jpg

http://www.noelshack.com/2015-10-1425315369-2015-03-02-00003.jpg

These problems come from me?

You would have an idea to fix this?

Thank you for your future answer.

• 1 month later...
Hello,

First of all I would like to ask your forgiveness for my writing I am French and I translated all this with Google Translate.

Then congratulations to you, your work is wonderful, thank you.

However I have two concerns I put the images you will better understand:

http://www.noelshack.com/2015-10-1425315050-2015-03-02-00001.jpg

http://www.noelshack.com/2015-10-1425315369-2015-03-02-00003.jpg

These problems come from me?

You would have an idea to fix this?

Thank you for your future answer.

Install KOSMOS Electrical components will fix it

- - - Updated - - -

I installed this mod with the KOSMOS solar arrars and now I get this weird bug where the game zooms to some indescribable level and then turns black

Bug with Salyut 1, from what I can see, it is impossible to grab the hatch and enter the station. Every time the kerbal tries to grab it he is ejected away from the station spinning, one time very forcefully I might add, as in cya at duna

• 2 weeks later...
Bug with Salyut 1, from what I can see, it is impossible to grab the hatch and enter the station. Every time the kerbal tries to grab it he is ejected away from the station spinning, one time very forcefully I might add, as in cya at duna

I might suggest you use either the in-game transfer system (recently implemented in .90, I believe) or get a crew transfer mod like crew manifest

The only vostok interior on these forums is from the space factory mod. It is old, outdated and the IVA is completely messed up inside. It was compiled with an outdated version of part tools. Besides that it was just an empty ball with a few levers inside anyway. I don't do IVA's, so I just use whatever I have on hand as an IVA that sort of fits. If the windows don't work there is nothing I can do. I've asked for help with IVA's many times and received no response so if you want to work on one be my guest, but I won't be.

The only vostok interior on these forums is from the space factory mod. It is old, outdated and the IVA is completely messed up inside. It was compiled with an outdated version of part tools. Besides that it was just an empty ball with a few levers inside anyway. I don't do IVA's, so I just use whatever I have on hand as an IVA that sort of fits. If the windows don't work there is nothing I can do. I've asked for help with IVA's many times and received no response so if you want to work on one be my guest, but I won't be.

That being said could you add the IVA from the new mpl to all your stations? It's a really wonderful little iva

That being said could you add the IVA from the new mpl to all your stations? It's a really wonderful little iva

I don't know what that is, I'm assuming it's a stock part? The IVA from bobcat is made to fit the shape of the stations and it works almost perfectly, you can even see out most of the windows without any obstructions.

I don't know what that is, I'm assuming it's a stock part? The IVA from bobcat is made to fit the shape of the stations and it works almost perfectly, you can even see out most of the windows without any obstructions.

Oh oh oh right right right I forgot those are perfect! Never mind dont change!! I thought for some reason the Iva's were from another stock Iva. No no the bobcat Iva is perfect.

Great work. This just keeps getting better.

I was wondering if there are any planned balancing for career mode? I understand this mode isn't really intended for career but I figured I would ask before I build MM files.

The tech tree is workable but the big issue I am running into is the cost to launch using Soyuz or Proton lifters. Most launches are in the $500k range. This makes it brutal for career.

I just got a contract to put a 5 man station in orbit and I was going to use Almaz or Salyut 1. The total contract value is $115k but the launch is around $460k.

Another example is Sputnik with a launch cost around $250k.

Thanks again for the great mods.

I have no plans to balance for career. I barely have the time to make the mod workable as it is, currently fixing the soviet pack is taking all my free time. If you want to make a mm patch be my guest, if its good I will include it in the base mod.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.