KerbalIspDificultyScaler

KerbalJointReinforcement

KOSMOS

KWRocketry

LaunchCountDown

Infernal Robotics

Mechjeb

Near Future Solar and Construction

OLDD Proton (just the LES, although i like it i had to remove it to try save some RAM)

ProceduralFairings

RealChute

RealSolarSystem

RemoteTech

your R7, Salyut, Soyuz and soviet probes

SDHI

ShipManifest

Bobcat's Mir

KerbalAlarmClock

and TweakScale

of these i would rule out RSS, Horizon Zenit, Remote Tech and ActiveTextureManagement, as i was experiencing this without them...

could you ask others who experienced this to check if they have any mods in common? i'm gonna try a clean install and i'll report back ASAP

- - - Updated - - -

100% sure it is an incompatibility with a mod, i've tried a clean install with just your Soyuz, Salyut, soviet probes and launchers, had no problem with the fairing...

i may have a suspect and i'm gonna check it right now

it's FAR, i was able to reproduce in the clean one, i was copying the mods one by one and when i tested with FAR it gave this bug

now i'll try in the main install without FAR and check if it was only it causing this or if there are other culprits

- - - Updated - - -

yup, no problems with the main install without FAR, and from this guy who has these 5 mods only, the only one i wasn't using in my main install was RO, and now FAR

it's FAR, i was able to reproduce in the clean one, i was copying the mods one by one and when i tested with FAR it gave this bug

now i'll try in the main install without FAR and check if it was only it causing this or if there are other culprits

- - - Updated - - -

yup, no problems with the main install without FAR, and from this guy who has these 5 mods only, the only one i wasn't using in my main install was RO, and now FAR

I am having ferram help me look into what is causing it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I really like this mod, but I'm running into a problem I hope someone can help me with. I can't get the docking cameras or the VZOR to work on any of the Soyuz pods. I replaced the docking port on one with a stock docking port and was able to get a docking camera, so I know it's possible for this to work. Also, I have Bobcat's Soyuz TMA, which I understand use the same Neptune panel, and the docking camera and VZOR work with no issues. Does anyone have any ideas?

That's because the vzor doesn't work... Also the docking cameras won't work because the probe "blocks" the camera. The stock ports work because they have no probe/drogue design. There is no way to fix this as the camera is automatically placed where the dockingNode is. This can't be moved further forward or the docking port won't work properly. If you want to cameras to work talk to the camera plugin author and tell them to fix their plugin so it uses a custom transform instead of dockingNode for camera placement.

EDIT: The soyuz is not SUPPOSED to use bobcats IVA. I used an IVA with the same name so if you have his installed it will use his instead of mine as his looks nicer. However because it wasn't made specifically for my soyuz don't expect it to be 100% compatible.

I hope you don't mind entertaining a question from a new guy/ksp novice. I posted something similar in a thread more directly related to OLDD's models, but I'm not sure that thread is still active.

Here's the thing: I'm trying to assemble OLDD's Proton. I have a working Proton-M, but I'm unable (so far) to finish assembling the ZOND. The issue has to do with adding the ZOND escape tower - there is no means (attachment points) by which to fix it to the ZOND payload shroud.

So far my payload bay is empty. Is this the issue? Do I need to load a payload in order for the escape tower to find an attachment point?

What I really want to do is launch one of these (Salyut, Soyuz, etc.) models using OLDD's Proton. Although I haven't gotten that far yet, here's another question: How do I get the station into the payload bay? Is it simply a matter of assembling those parts above the launch vehicle before adding the shroud? So far, I have not added any payload(s) to any launch vehicle(s).

In any case, many thanks to those of you making these models and generously sharing. I'm having a good time (and, it turns out, blowing up a bunch of stuff in the process).

Peace,

cs

Well this isn't really the place to be asking for help regarding another mod. However, since I have used his proton before I can tell you this. The escape tower connects to the top node of the zond/soyuz. It does not connect to the fairings so if nothing is in there, there is nothing to attach it to.

As for assembling the station/zond. Use the craft file for the station(or build the zond) then build the rocket under the station one piece at a time until you reach the bottom. If you build from the bottom-up you will run into problems with decoupled stages that have probe cores switching to the wrong active vessel when you decouple.

Also, you may find that the stations will not fit properly into the OLDD fairings. This is because I am making my own proton and will be dropping support for these other ones soon, so I updated my mods in advance to make them compatible. If they don't fit inside the fairings try procedural fairings and make your own, or wait until the proton is released which should be soonâ„¢.

Edited by raidernick

Thanks raidernick, for your speedy and helpful reply.

I didn't mean to transgress the rules or conventions for posting in the appropriate thread. I actually downloaded the Salyut Stations & Soyuz pack before I even knew about the OLDD (and/or Bobcat) Proton(s). I figured if I wanted to get one of the stations into orbit I would need something to lift it up there. Then I decided to try and build the OLDD Proton, and ran into the issue outlined above. Thanks again for helping me to get it sorted.

Looking forward to the Proton you are conjuring.

cs

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE V0.92

-Added Vostok-1/2, Voskhod-1/2 spacecraft

-Fixed Almaz engine clipping

-Various cfg tweaks

-Added new craft files and updated existing ones

-REMOVE OLD VERSION COMPLETELY BEFORE INSTALLING THIS

Edited by raidernick

Hey, raidernick, I was wondering, would you consider seperating the Soyuz spacecraft and the Salyut space stations into two seperate mod packs? I'm just asking because I normally don't use Salyut and just get the pack for the Soyuz spacecraft and I'm sure that there are SOME who do the same do to space available. You don't have to do this, I'm just asking if you would even consider it. I will respect either answer you give me.

Hey, raidernick, I was wondering, would you consider seperating the Soyuz spacecraft and the Salyut space stations into two seperate mod packs? I'm just asking because I normally don't use Salyut and just get the pack for the Soyuz spacecraft and I'm sure that there are SOME who do the same do to space available. You don't have to do this, I'm just asking if you would even consider it. I will respect either answer you give me.

The packs are easily separable as the Salyut and Soyuz are each in their own separate subfolders already. Just delete the subfolder you don't want.

• 2 weeks later...
MysteriousSteve - I have been filling in the blanks creating the missing Realism Overhaul configs for RaiderNick's Soviet Probes and Stations & Soyuz pack. Although I probably will need blessings from raidernick and/or Felger before I can distribute them to anyone. So far it is very WIP as I have not made any attempts to balance them properly, only have them functional at this point for RO. Also both the Vostok and Voskhod have been causing me issues that I have not been able to root out e.g. lag in the VAB when attaching decoupler and the TDU, further construction will crash it to desktop. All I have determined is it is not the Reflection Mod causing the lag spike.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.