[1.8.x - 1.12.x] Salyut Stations (Salyut/Almaz) - 8-26-21

raidernick

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Curiosity7907 said:

Wow super amazing work soyuz 7-k looks exactly like the real one thank!

Now please ad the soyuz TMA.

Uh oh.  Let me translate this for you, Raider:

Are the Soyuz T models on your to-do list for the future?  I would enjoy seeing your version of the TMA in KSP!

And to add on to that, I'd like to see your own version of MIR as well.  I'm enjoying your soviet stuff so far!  Keep up the excellent work, Comrade!

Anyway, Curiosity7907, Raidernick is currently working on US rockets

Edited by Deltac
Clarification

3 hours ago, Deltac said:

Uh oh.  Let me translate this for you, Raider:

Are the Soyuz T models on your to-do list for the future?  I would enjoy seeing your version of the TMA in KSP!

And to add on to that, I'd like to see your own version of MIR as well.  I'm enjoying your soviet stuff so far!  Keep up the excellent work, Comrade!

Anyway, Curiosity7907, Raidernick is currently working on US rockets

I have no plans to do MIR or TMA. I don't like doing things that are already done and still fully functional in KSP. Also, there are too many people working on russian stuff right now so I'm taking a break from it to work on old us stuff instead.

19 hours ago, raidernick said:

I have no plans to do MIR or TMA. I don't like doing things that are already done and still fully functional in KSP. Also, there are too many people working on russian stuff right now so I'm taking a break from it to work on old us stuff instead.

Well, Bobcat's mods are pretty much dead, save for the Mir that Decq is refurbishing, but it's not to scale with your stuff and could use a remodeling.  Tantares is going stock-a-like, and their soyuz can only carry 2 Kerbals.  If anything, it seems we have a lack of soviet projects at the moment.  But yeah, if you don't want to do TMA and Mir, that's cool.  Would rather you have passion for what you're doing than just going through the motions :P

On 24.02.2016 at 6:27 PM, Deltac said:

Well, Bobcat's mods are pretty much dead, save for the Mir that Decq is refurbishing, but it's not to scale with your stuff and could use a remodeling.  Tantares is going stock-a-like, and their soyuz can only carry 2 Kerbals.  If anything, it seems we have a lack of soviet projects at the moment.  But yeah, if you don't want to do TMA and Mir, that's cool.  Would rather you have passion for what you're doing than just going through the motions :P

I'll tell you more, I have my own model of Soyuz TMA. :D

I am currently working on redoing all the Vostok/Voskhod/LOK/LK parts to fix the long standing lag issues. So far I have been experimenting with the Vostok service module. I have gotten the file size from 58mb to 38mb for a 20mb savings. If this works out well enough I may do it to all of my parts in every pack. Besides making all of the parts smaller and less laggy, it also makes the shading smoother so they look better in game with no performance hit.

I was able to make the vostok another 12mb smaller, it is at 26mb now. This new "low poly" version looks almost as good as the original with little to no lag that the original caused. Also I redid the voskhod airlock texture to not suck anymore.

kzSgp9r.png

cMvZGvu.png

• 2 weeks later...
//USI Life Support to Salyut 1, 4, 6 and 7
@PART[almaz3-5,salyut1-4,salyut6,salyut7]:NEEDS[USILifeSupport]
{
	-RESOURCE[Food]{}
	-RESOURCE[Water]{}
	-RESOURCE[Oxygen]{}
	-RESOURCE[CarbonDioxide]{}
	-RESOURCE[Waste]{}
	-RESOURCE[WasteWater]{}

%RESOURCE[Supplies]
	{
		%amount = 0
		%maxAmount = 3000
	}

%RESOURCE[Mulch]
	{
		%amount = 0
		%maxAmount = 3000
	}
}

In case anyone plays with USI Life Support instead of TAC, this little MM .cfg removes the TAC resources and adds mulch/supplies. Change values to personal preference.

This is my first module manager patch I wrote, so feel free to point out suggestions/errors. :D

Edited by hendrack

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, woo_reentry_is_cool_dude said:

are you gonna make it catible with 1.1 ? i have glitch there , the engines stage as normal , but they don't activate so they aren't consuming fuel , and i don't like that .

Yes I will update to 1.1 but that has nothing to do with a compatibility issue. It's a problem with how CKAN installs mods, you'll need to install the mods manually to fix it. If you aren't using ckan I can't help you as you just did it wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE v2.4

• Remove the old version completely including ALL MM CFG FILES before installing this! This means also remove any RN_.cfg files in the main gamedata folder!

• Update for KSP 1.1.2

• Update dependencies
  • Switched to texture replacer for reflections since reflection plugin is not being updated
  • Update configs
  • Add new WORKING craft files

https://github.com/KSP-RO/SalyutStations/releases/tag/v2.4

Edited by raidernick

Just a bit of feedback on what looks like a small file name problem. I was getting an error on Salyut 4 & 6 saying I was missing part: "Kosmos.TKS.Solar.Array.rn2". After some looking around I discovered Kosmos_TKS_Solar_Array_rn2.cfg and Kosmos_TKS_Solar_Array_rn2.cfg. I renamed the files, as well as the two references in the cfg file and it fixed it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.