[1.8.x - 1.12.x] Salyut Stations (Salyut/Almaz) - 8-26-21

raidernick

Well on a clean install on my end it asked for  Kosmos.TKS.Solar.Array.rn2  but the file in the zip was called  Kosmos_TKS_Solar_Array_rn, I cannot state it any more clearly then that. I have no idea why the zip I got from your download would be different than the one you have, but whatever. I was trying to provide feedback and did not expect hostility. I will cease using your mod as it seems to bother you.

Edited by Bleddyn

There are 2 files in there called Kosmos_Salyut_Solar_Array_rn.cfg and Kosmos_TKS_Solar_Array_rn2.cfg and you need them both. You obviously downloaded the wrong zip or installed it incorrectly as not only did I test the download myself I also tested the ckan install and both worked(which means the zip is fine because ckan pulls from the latest release). And yes you should expect hostility when your bug report essentially says "it's broken, fix it". I don't care if you use my mod so I find that threat hilarious as it only saves me from dealing with bogus bug reports, and the only thing that bothers me is gross incompetence.

Edited by raidernick

I did not say or imply "it's broken, fix it". I reported what was happening in a courteous manner and explained that I had already fixed it on my end, so why would I be asking for a fix?

I have both files as you said, and they are installed in the correct place.

ibozZz9.jpg

All crafts from all of your mods are fine, and installed correctly except Salyut 4 & 6.

6KYaMyo.jpg

When trying to load them to discover the error I get this:

4ZXtZrg.jpg

As you can see, the file names are done with an underscore (_) but in game it is looking for the file name with periods (.)

That's not incorrect, the craft files use . instead of _ because the periods represent the underscores. That is normal and the mod works fine. I'm not wasting time diagnosing user error.

If the part name is Part_1_blah in the cfg and in the game it says Part.1.blah that is the same thing. If that is not the case in your game something is seriously wrong with your install.

Edited by raidernick

Then why did it fix them to rename the two files, and the entries in the .cfg with periods instead of underscores? That simple change and everything worked perfectly. I am just asking a serious question and trying to diffuse any hostility.

I can't explain that but I can assure you 100% that the craft files use periods instead of underscores, they probably however also use periods for periods. If your game is not doing the conversion something is wrong on your end. You can ask other people if you don't believe me.

Ok, then something is wrong on my end, although it seems a strange problem. But as you can see from the pics I did install everything correctly so please have a bit of patience with people. It is not always user error.

Raidernick. Appreciate all you do.

I figured out WHY people, including myself, are having issues.

Using the latest release download from git. Manually installing. (simple extract).

Stems from the file. KS_RO_Salyut.cfg

This file changes the name of that solar panel in question
TO: Kosmos_Salyut_Solar_Array_altrn

With that part name changed. Craft files do not load.

7 hours ago, StoryMusgrave said:

Raidernick. Appreciate all you do.

I figured out WHY people, including myself, are having issues.

Using the latest release download from git. Manually installing. (simple extract).

Stems from the file. KS_RO_Salyut.cfg

This file changes the name of that solar panel in question
TO: Kosmos_Salyut_Solar_Array_altrn

With that part name changed. Craft files do not load.

lol thank you for that. It made no sense that my PC only had a problem with those two files.

And of course thank you to raidernick for his work on this excellent mod!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

UPDATE v2.7

Changelog:

• Update for KSP 1.2 release
  • Remove old dependencies, now only needs BahaSP
  • Add craft files back/updated

https://github.com/KSP-RO/SalyutStations/releases/tag/v2.7

NOTE: Won't be on CKAN until texture replacer is officially updated there. I included a recompile in the download here for ksp 1.2.

Edited by raidernick

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

possibly dumb question: Trying to add science lab functionality to the Salyut stations, and as soon as I modify the cfg file I cant right click on the part in VAB or on launchpad. 

I use 1.1.3 with RO/RSS and the mod release for the 1.1.3 version. I open the salyut7.cfg and add the following lines:
"
MODULE
{
    name = ModuleScienceLab
    containerModuleIndex = 0
    dataStorage = 750
    crewsRequired = 1
    canResetConnectedModules = True
    canResetNearbyModules = True
    interactionRange = 5
    SurfaceBonus = 0.1
    ContextBonus = 0.25
    homeworldMultiplier = 0.1
    RESOURCE_PROCESS
    {
        name = ElectricCharge
        amount = 10
    }
}

MODULE
{
    name = ModuleScienceConverter
    dataProcessingMultiplier = 0.5 // Multiplier to data processing rate and therefore science rate
    scientistBonus = 0.25    //Bonus per scientist star - need at least one! So 0.25x - 2.5x 
    researchTime = 7        //Larger = slower.  Exponential!
    scienceMultiplier = 5    //How much science does data turn into?
    scienceCap = 500        //How much science can we store before having to transmit?        
    powerRequirement = 5    //EC/Sec to research
    ConverterName = Research
    StartActionName = Start Research
    StopActionName = Stop Research
}
"

, which I copied from the squad lab file....

I am not very familiar with modding, I read the wiki on how to mod cfg files. It is weird that all the modifications I do to the part look corectly, I can mod the mass and location of part (from pod to science) but as soon as I add it to VAB, I cant right click on anything! Right click only works if I exit and re-enter the VAB and dont use the modified part. 

Anyway, thanks for the help. I would love to send some Salyut stations to Mars and the outer planets and act as the local science lab. 

Edited by ragusila

I had the same problem long time ago. I read that it is a old problem of the position of the ModuleScienceLab and ModuleScienceConverter in the cfg. They must be the first ones of the Modules. So do not copy this Modules at the end of the .cfg. This worked for me.

Edited by Cheesecake

First, I love this and the other mods in this series. There is just the issue that i cant get the animations to work on any of the stations (probes and other craft works fine). 

When im controlling one of the stations, the option to extend antennas is not even there. Is there an easy way to solve this, or do i need to change one of the dependants? Im currently running v2.7 of the mod on ksp 1.1.3

34 minutes ago, Fredde104 said:

First, I love this and the other mods in this series. There is just the issue that i cant get the animations to work on any of the stations (probes and other craft works fine). 

When im controlling one of the stations, the option to extend antennas is not even there. Is there an easy way to solve this, or do i need to change one of the dependants? Im currently running v2.7 of the mod on ksp 1.1.3

Problem solved, the included BDAnimations caused a conflict with itself

On 12/29/2016 at 5:50 AM, Cheesecake said:

I had the same problem long time ago. I read that it is a old problem of the position of the ModuleScienceLab and ModuleScienceConverter in the cfg. They must be the first ones of the Modules. So do not copy this Modules at the end of the .cfg. This worked for me.

thanks Cheesecake! that worked great, put all the modules for the science first, and everything is great.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, redmonddkgamer said:

The Proton is all wibbly-wobbly... I tried it with all of your station modules and added MOAR STRUTS. It was still wibbly-wobbly and kept tipping over during gravity turn.

All of my mods require kerbal joint reinforcement because they are larger and heavier than any of the stock parts. Without that they will wobble all over the place. You shouldn't be using struts at all.

Edited by raidernick

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.