[1.8.x - 1.12.x] Salyut Stations (Salyut/Almaz) - 8-26-21

raidernick

@Phers: You've gotta give more info than this. "It doesn't work" doesn't allow for any sort of meaningful troubleshooting. Details, logs, replication instructions, etc.

Ok when launching the Zond I get to around 6500m then the rocket flips over does the same if I do it manually or with latest mechjeb... you can replicate if you tell mechjeb to make a 100km orbit and start the turn @3.5km mark.

Ok when launching the Zond I get to around 6500m then the rocket flips over does the same if I do it manually or with latest mechjeb... you can replicate if you tell mechjeb to make a 100km orbit and start the turn @3.5km mark.

Don't use mechjeb. Disable mechjeb's terminal velocity lock. At around 100m/s nudge the rocket off of vertical and then follow prograde marker to orbit. It's very easy to fly. The only difference is that since the Proton has no fins you need to hold it on prograde yourself, if the rocket moves off of prograde at any time before 30KM it will flip over.

Edited by raidernick

Having trouble with the Soyuz 7K-OK and reentry...it always burns up, and the ablator never seems to go down. I've tried trajectories with a periapse in the atmosphere, and without one and both times it burnt up...am I doing something wrong?

EDIT: Could I be coming from too high an orbit? (I'm at 150KM)

Having trouble with the Soyuz 7K-OK and reentry...it always burns up, and the ablator never seems to go down. I've tried trajectories with a periapse in the atmosphere, and without one and both times it burnt up...am I doing something wrong?

EDIT: Could I be coming from too high an orbit? (I'm at 150KM)

My first thought is that your entry angle is probably way too steep. Try a shallower entry angle and see if that helps. If your crew is pulling between 3 and 5 G's on entry, that's pretty good.

My first thought is that your entry angle is probably way too steep. Try a shallower entry angle and see if that helps. If your crew is pulling between 3 and 5 G's on entry, that's pretty good.

From an orbit of 100km, I drop my periapse to 50km, and it still burns up. The ablator goes down, but the pod still overheats. If that isn't a shallow entry angle, I don't know what is

I know the problem. It is because the soyuz heatshield doesn't completely cover the pod according to the game. If you look at the heatshield there is a ring of line 1-2inches around the bottom that it doesn't cover(like in real life). The game assumes this means the heatshield is not protecting the pod at all. The pod then takes the full reentry temps. I just ran it with temp debug on and the pod quickly got to over 2000C and exploded while the heatshield barely got warm. Unless there is some way to make the game think the heatshield is bigger than the pod, you will just need to raise the max temp of the pod and parachute to something like 4000C

Edited by raidernick

UPDATE V1.2

-Fixed Soyuz heatshield not protecting pod during reentry

-Fixed all pods CoL and CoP values, they now face the correct orientation during reentry, no SAS needed to hold attitude

This update contains major fixes for capsule aerodynamics, it is required to properly have the capsule reenter without exploding or flipping around.

Just out of curiosity, is there a way to unfold anything else apart from the solar panels? There are parts on stations such as Almaz, Salyut and the radio antennas on progress that look like they should be able to fold out but i haven't found a way to do so if such a way exists

Just out of curiosity, is there a way to unfold anything else apart from the solar panels? There are parts on stations such as Almaz, Salyut and the radio antennas on progress that look like they should be able to fold out but i haven't found a way to do so if such a way exists

yeah they fold out the same way you unfold anything else, you need firespitter though.

ermmm... this is a thing that is going on...

oeyGCOy.png

EDIT: btw, since i'm already here... Raidernick, would it be possible to use Salyut 1/4 docking port for Salyut 6/7 and removing the later from the pack? the one for Salyut 1/4 looks way better :)

ermmm... this is a thing that is going on...

EDIT: btw, since i'm already here... Raidernick, would it be possible to use Salyut 1/4 docking port for Salyut 6/7 and removing the later from the pack? the one for Salyut 1/4 looks way better :)

Looks like a personal problem, the collider and ladder/airlock are both fine.

It would be possible yes, is it going to happen though? No because it is a different type of docking port and is a different size.

AjvSHIH.png

FvWCY45.png

Raidernick, what did you mean when you said the new update contains the tks spacecraft?

Which part of that doesn't make sense? That's pretty much as clear as I can be, the update has the tks spacecraft there is even a picture in the post for it....

UPDATE V1.4

-Added Soyuz 19(ASTP), solar panels and orbital module

-Added APAS-75

-Added ASTP Universal Docking Adapter

-Added firespitter texture switching to Salyut 6/7 and Soyuz/Progress, there are several texture shades available

-Updated all craft files to fix an out of order issue with the staging, added craft file for Soyuz 19

rEWprqt.png

qXgWmwG.png

Edited by raidernick

• 8 months later...

After a 8 or so months of being away from the forums I decided to return. I had been hearing from people I stay in contact with that there was a lot of confusion regarding my mods and whether or not I am still maintaining them. Yes, I have been actively working on them, I never stopped. I simply moved to RO and github for my releases. I have been constantly updating and adding to the packs and came back to the forums now specifically to end the confusion once and for all.

Several things have changed with this pack since my absence. The most important is that I added the LOK and LK soviet lander to the pack. This pack will be split in the future as it is growing too large. It will become a salyut pack and a soyuz pack. I may even split off the vostok/voskhod as they are very large themselves.

bS5qqwr.png

jj2virg.png

Edited by raidernick

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.