Desktop getting full

Tortoise

Only a couple shortcuts, but I have all the way back to 0.18. Sadly, I don't have my original install of 0.17, and somewhere along the way, my 0.19 became corrupt and unplayable, but I still have all the mods and all the cool stuff I did back then. I try to maintain having each version because I hate not being able to go back, fiddle with something I made in 0.20, or drive a rover from 0.21 in the old version of Kerbtown, Kerbin City, or to experience other aerodynamic systems (FAR) without mucking up my main. Or just to have a clean, pure stock folder where I can do those challenges that require "stock only" without trying to remember "Did this part come with the game?"

Then there's the big ones. My KSP x64 current play folder, and also my 0.23.5 Main and 0.23.5 Stockless Challenge. Yes, I made a folder where I removed all the stock parts except the science gear. You want a tough challenge, try that in Career mode. Just, um, give yourself something for a command pod.

I have at the moment 14 installs of KSP (from version 0.18.3 Demo to 0.24.2, which is 28.7 gigabytes), sometimes more than one install per version. I had also 0.8 till 0.18 but lost everything when my hard drive died on me.

I tend to keep everything, don't know really why. I just don't like to delete stuff.

I only keep modded previous (main) release with saved game and two current release; stock and modded. I also keep the old zips in case there's a reason to resurrect them but they're only in archive.

ETA: As to desktop ... why apparently I don't have any software of any sort installed at all! EG (old pic):

XTLddcgl.png

Edited by Pecan

I'm a software hoarder, I've got copies of each version since I started playing when KSP was 0.15, plus I still have all the zips of the mods I used for each version. Why? I've no idea! I don't play them, usually just the current and previous release are active, but I keep the old ones anyway. Might one day be fun to play an old version and remember where the addiction began.

im the kind of person to not put icons in any of the obvious places. seems every time i go to organize something, the system needs to be nuked 3 weeks later for some stupid reason. i like to actually go into the file system and double click on exes. or somethings il just do a windows+r enter, type in cmd enter, then type d: enter, then type cd ksp enter, followed by ksp_x64 enter. the way i did back in the 90s (of course back then a d drive was beyond my price range).

im not going back to 32 bit. 64 bit loads faster for some reason, gives me a bit better performance and all the glitches make it feel like it was 0.13 all over again.

Edited by Nuke

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.