What are the craziest contracts you have gotten?

SubzeroSpartan7

I need to test the S3 KS-25x4 Engine Cluster orbiting Kerbin, and I cant seem to find a good way to get it between 73500m and 75900m and not build a million dollar heavy lifter. Im really bad at building ships(and I havent even gotten to Mun or Minmus yet, im really bad) so if anyone could help that would be appreciated

I need to test the S3 KS-25x4 Engine Cluster orbiting Kerbin, and I cant seem to find a good way to get it between 73500m and 75900m and not build a million dollar heavy lifter. Im really bad at building ships(and I havent even gotten to Mun or Minmus yet, im really bad) so if anyone could help that would be appreciated

Usually you can just use it as a single stage to orbit with no payload except probe, reaction wheel and parachutes. Take it up to an obit between 70 and 80 km, right click on engine to run test.

Then land it afterwards. This is true for most stuff, only exception is srb, parachutes and decoplers who has to be staged,

I recently accepted a mission to test the KR-2L while splashed down, because it paid a goodly sum. I realized too late that it also said on Eve.

So now I have to go fly a huge %?$#ing engine to Eve and drop it in the purple soup. I'm going to use an ion drive for the transfer.

Not a huge deal compared to some of these, but put myself into a Keliosynchronous orbit. For those of you who aren't aware, that's about 1/3 Moho radius.

I didn't even have Ion engines.

FinePrint can be a jerk.

"Test the Turbojet Engine in flight over Kerbin. 260-460 m/s. 15600 - 23500 m altitude"

You may not think this a crazy contract, and you may be right...

But I got this contract when I was finishing the tier of science prior to tier with TJ's and you've gotta be out of your Kerbaling mind if you think I'm actually going do it. The nice ppl at C7 can their turbojets back when they pry them form my cold, dead hands.

I can't wait till the ask me to test their R.A.P.I.E.Rs...

Some of my parts are still experimental and I`ve finished my science tree...

Craziest 'til now was to test the Sepatrons while splashed down on kerbin... I just made a single capsule with the basic SRB and a parachute to land there... but when I was splashed down, I activated the engine, spinning the capsule out of control, resulting in its destruction and the loss of Jeb... for a while :).

Craziest 'til now was to test the Sepatrons while splashed down on kerbin... I just made a single capsule with the basic SRB and a parachute to land there... but when I was splashed down, I activated the engine, spinning the capsule out of control, resulting in its destruction and the loss of Jeb... for a while :).

You should have removed all fuel first for the test.