[0.90.0] Fine Print vSTOCK'D - BETA RELEASE!!! (December 15)

Arsonide

I've noticed a bug with .53a, any time I load a save it clears my contracts and refreshes my new ones.

This isn't a bug, it's a feature. You are probably loading saves from .52a, it's just refreshing your board for you. Once the game saves in .53a, it will not do this on load. This might also happen if something is modifying your save file entries for Fine Print that isn't Fine Print.

This isn't a bug, it's a feature. You are probably loading saves from .52a, it's just refreshing your board for you. Once the game saves in .53a, it will not do this on load. This might also happen if something is modifying your save file entries for Fine Print that isn't Fine Print.

Yes, I mean each time I load the save, even after first loading .53a. It might be the the latter issue.

Yes, I mean each time I load the save, even after first loading .53a. It might be the the latter issue.

Any time Fine Print finds something it does not expect in your save file, like a word where a number should be, or a missing entry, it will refresh your board. It only does this refresh once per run of the game. Note: This is what it should be doing, if it's doing something else, I need to know. :P

Just.... a quick question... I searched through the thread, but found no real clarification... When a contract says that they wish for a base to be "mobile" Does that mean that they just want engines and fuel to remain on the 'base'? Or do they want wheels on it?

Just.... a quick question... I searched through the thread, but found no real clarification... When a contract says that they wish for a base to be "mobile" Does that mean that they just want engines and fuel to remain on the 'base'? Or do they want wheels on it?

The mission will not complete unless you land that sucker with powered wheels on the ground.

When I accept a aerial survey contract, it is placing the waypoints clustered in the same region halfway around the globe from KSC.

That's the idea. It could have put them clustered in the same region on Jool. :P

I've just started using 0.53a, and I've noticed what may be a bug with Fine Print.

7Kpeww9.png?1

The letters of the text describing the available contracts are vertically out of alignment with each other.

I've just started using 0.53a, and I've noticed what may be a bug with Fine Print.

http://i.imgur.com/7Kpeww9.png?1

The letters of the text describing the available contracts are vertically out of alignment with each other.

Appears to be affecting the stock contracts as well. Fine Print is self contained, and does not modify the contract system itself at all. (This also means that when the contract system decided to pick aerial survey missions exclusively, and nothing else, I was confused.) I ended up having to limit the amount of missions it could pick just to fix a quirk in the system itself.

I'm not sure what could be causing this, but a log may help.

Arsonide,

Do you need any help with 3d models of stuff? I could help you with some, if you want.

Here is something I did in Blender 3D: link link2

Right now I have a modeler working on points of interest for the EVA contract, but I'm sure he could use some help, the more points of interest the better. If you are familiar with the process of constructing a mu file, contact me on IRC. irc.esper.net #kspmodders

Edited by Arsonide

Great mod - my first! I have nothing but praise! Praise, and a bug report :(.

I had a contract to build a station with a cupola module integrated. All built, every objective ticked green apart from "put your station in orbit of Minmus". I wasn't keeping a track of the sub-objectives during the long and tortuous flight, but now that I'm at the destination, every objective is ticked green apart from "have a viewing cupola at the facility". I can move kerbals in and out of the cupola freely, it's just not triggering for some reason. I tried breaking orbit and coming back, natch. Log is empty of anything relevant or error-ey, and it's my first and only mod, installed clean 0.53a on KSP 0.24. If I launch a brand new copy of the station, the contract objectives switch over to testing the current station - no mix-n-match for me!

Anyone else run into this?

I guess the simple solution is to cheat the contract done in the debug interface, but it feels ... inelegant. I could always fly up a new cupola and dock it.

Hi Arsonide,

I'm having a crash on loading a save, and by the crash logs it seems to come from contracts. As I have no idea how to read a crash log, I might be very wrong though. I deduced this from the last lines of the crash log. I'm attaching a link to a dropbox folder where you can find the logs: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kijih8dbe7bqx94/AADPZZ89nTbFp7UhLDftZG71a

I have other contract adding mods, like MCE and Station Science, so it might come from any. Are there any incompatibilities known between these mods? I did run several days with all these mods installed before the crash, but it's consistent now.

Anyway, maybe someone that knows how to read a crash log can help me?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Arsonide,

I'm having a crash on loading a save, and by the crash logs it seems to come from contracts. As I have no idea how to read a crash log, I might be very wrong though. I deduced this from the last lines of the crash log. I'm attaching a link to a dropbox folder where you can find the logs: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kijih8dbe7bqx94/AADPZZ89nTbFp7UhLDftZG71a

I have other contract adding mods, like MCE and Station Science, so it might come from any. Are there any incompatibilities known between these mods? I did run several days with all these mods installed before the crash, but it's consistent now.

Anyway, maybe someone that knows how to read a crash log can help me?

Thanks in advance!

You have quite a lot of exceptions in this log, I see some from Interstellar, some from MechJeb, some from something involving clouds, and more. I see two from what appear to be MCE and Station Science as well, and indeed, the ContractSystem chokes up the game eventually. Keep in mind that any one of these exceptions might be choking it up in this resonance cascade of null references, but it looks like Fine Print is doing okay here.

Great mod - my first! I have nothing but praise! Praise, and a bug report :(.

I had a contract to build a station with a cupola module integrated. All built, every objective ticked green apart from "put your station in orbit of Minmus". I wasn't keeping a track of the sub-objectives during the long and tortuous flight, but now that I'm at the destination, every objective is ticked green apart from "have a viewing cupola at the facility". I can move kerbals in and out of the cupola freely, it's just not triggering for some reason. I tried breaking orbit and coming back, natch. Log is empty of anything relevant or error-ey, and it's my first and only mod, installed clean 0.53a on KSP 0.24. If I launch a brand new copy of the station, the contract objectives switch over to testing the current station - no mix-n-match for me!

Anyone else run into this?

I guess the simple solution is to cheat the contract done in the debug interface, but it feels ... inelegant. I could always fly up a new cupola and dock it.

I have had one other bug report involving the cupola objective, but I haven't tracked down the source of it. It seems to be the last of the state issues. I assume at some point you switched out of this vessel and back into it during the flight?

Edited by Arsonide

Enjoying this mod a lot, but I noticed one thing you could improve.

I successfully landed a ground station on the Mun, and was immediately rewarded with the contract completion goodies. But, I landed on the side of a crater, and a couple of minutes later the fine Munbase that they had paid for was a command module in a field of debris. Maybe you should add a time interval or a velocity check, or both, before changing the status to completed. :)

I have had one other bug report involving the cupola objective, but I haven't tracked down the source of it. It seems to be the last of the state issues. I assume at some point you switched out of this vessel and back into it during the flight?

Yes, I almost certainly did that. Now that I have implicit permission from the creator, I'll go ahead and cheat the objective done. Next stop, ejecting a class D from the solar system.

Brilliant.

Love this mod and am looking forward to what further updates will bring :)

Since the bug reports have subsided somewhat, I'm focusing on two new contract types that are very ambitious. One spawns points of interest (physically) on the surface of a planet for you to inspect on EVAs, and the other asks you to deploy a satellite into an orbit that is shown on the map. The EVA contract may take some time, since it requires art assets.

I successfully landed a ground station on the Mun, and was immediately rewarded with the contract completion goodies. But, I landed on the side of a crater, and a couple of minutes later the fine Munbase that they had paid for was a command module in a field of debris. Maybe you should add a time interval or a velocity check, or both, before changing the status to completed. :)

I'm torn on this. On the one hand, it would make more sense to get paid when the landing is stable, and on the other, your story is decidedly kerbal.

Edited by Arsonide

Just wanted to stop by and say thankyou Arsonide, this is a really awesome mod :).

I didn't see a link to a development / suggestions type thread in the main post so I hope it's ok to post here, I really like the different crew capacity requirements for the station / base contracts but it occurred to me that the first orbital station I built for a contract didn't have anyone actually on it when I completed the contract. Would it be possible to add a "manned" requirement as well, or perhaps if it has to have room for 6 crew then it must have minimum say 2 Kerbals on board to be completed? Could that even lead to crew rotation missions, a bit like the stock rescue missions I guess but to send up new Kerbals to an existing station / base and return the ones already there instead of picking up a random orbital Kerbal?

Also since you mentioned spawning POIs for future EVA contracts that got me thinking, would it be possible to use the system that spawns kerbals for the rescue missions to spawn derelict ships or probes that need to be returned either to Kerbin orbit or even landed and fully recovered? And perhaps something similar using the smallest asteroids (or a custom rock type object) that spawns on a planet / moon surface or in orbit which has to be retrieved with the Claw and brought back to Kerbin.

Hi, i have a question about the Base-Requirements. I dropped a base at the mun, with the normal stuf(docking Ports etc.) But instead of an stock-antenna, i used one of the remote tech antennas. However, now the base do not fulfill the antenna requirement. Is there a possibillity to change something in the part.cfg, so the custom antenna would work?(Sry for my bad english^^)(and btw. awesome mod)

Hi, i have a question about the Base-Requirements. I dropped a base at the mun, with the normal stuf(docking Ports etc.) But instead of an stock-antenna, i used one of the remote tech antennas. However, now the base do not fulfill the antenna requirement. Is there a possibillity to change something in the part.cfg, so the custom antenna would work?(Sry for my bad english^^)(and btw. awesome mod)

Could you PM me the Part.cfg file? RemoteTech should work.