[0.90.0] Fine Print vSTOCK'D - BETA RELEASE!!! (December 15)

Arsonide

The rover waypoints aren't showing up for me. I have a stock rover wheel, and clicked on the waypoint in the map view, and switched to staging view, and made sure I was pointed in the general direction of the waypoint.

4nlJ966.png

Arsonide... bad news. for some strange reason your mod is causing me issues while docking. As in, vessels should dock, and they don't. It had happened once with two bases and I solved it by removing all mods, I've never pinpointed it. Now it happened again while trying to grab a class A asteroid on Minmus orbit (I don't have any contract for a class A asteroid, but I do have one for a class C). Here's a screenshot of the debug screen

25pl7y8.jpg

This doesn't seem to say much, and it's the same string that happened while my Minmus base suffered a lot of lag, so it might be related. I don't remember at that time if I had a contract to add another base in Minmus, but it might be possible.

Here's a rar file with the quicksave and a KAC persistant backup should you need it. The ship with the issue is called "Dardo", the quicksave loads that ship. And yes, removing your mod solved the docking/grabbing asteroid issue.

EDIT: Here are the savegames

https://mega.co.nz/#!hZE1XCSb!CpCu7NT4yGaSZrPhaaemWWGDIX_exnsLeYzy3PMzeD0

Edited by juanml82

Sounds like what happened with me, not exactly but close. I've found that by landing directly on a waypoint, FP checks to see if it's the winner. If not, then just tells me, clears that waypoint and off I go to check the others with the rover. But, if I land on it, quicksave and then exit out and back into the game again, FP does the check all over again when I spawn on that waypoint. Sometimes it's the same as before, but sometimes it must RandomNumber the waypoints and it completes the contract for me.

Right, if gods of random are involved, it's always good to stop and save before bumping into the checkpoint. Random seed would be nice, as when you'd find the right one, it'd be the last reload.

This never happened with flyovers over Kerbin, and I've done a lot of them, usually starting my grand marathon with 4+ missions, mach-5, all done in 2 hours..

As for your exact issue, I think that is FP working as intended. All waypoints clear when you hit the magic one it's looking for. If you read the messages that pop up as you hit a non-winner, it tells you something like 'This isn't the one we're looking for, move on to the next one" It's set up that way to give you chances to hit the right one first, and other times not, but along the way you earn more credits by hitting all the non-winners.

amiright?

Yes. Still, it's annoying. I'd prefer all winners. Or all the rewards from other checkpoints given on that magic one.

Arsonide... bad news. for some strange reason your mod is causing me issues while docking. As in, vessels should dock, and they don't. It had happened once with two bases and I solved it by removing all mods, I've never pinpointed it. Now it happened again while trying to grab a class A asteroid on Minmus orbit (I don't have any contract for a class A asteroid, but I do have one for a class C). Here's a screenshot of the debug screen

http://i62.tinypic.com/25pl7y8.jpg

This doesn't seem to say much, and it's the same string that happened while my Minmus base suffered a lot of lag, so it might be related. I don't remember at that time if I had a contract to add another base in Minmus, but it might be possible.

Here's a rar file with the quicksave and a KAC persistant backup should you need it. The ship with the issue is called "Dardo", the quicksave loads that ship. And yes, removing your mod solved the docking/grabbing asteroid issue.

EDIT: Here are the savegames

https://mega.co.nz/#!hZE1XCSb!CpCu7NT4yGaSZrPhaaemWWGDIX_exnsLeYzy3PMzeD0

I think I know what this is. Did these null references start after you completed an ARM contract, or after you cancelled one? This issue is being tracked and worked on alongside others. I'm just finishing up my orbital fixes tonight, and I can move on to these.

Or all the rewards from other checkpoints given on that magic one.

Oh look at idea man coming into the thread with all these big ideas that are awesome. I'll integrate this into the next patch. I'll lower the rewards slightly to compensate.

EDIT: Nailed the ARM bug, and tracked down the source of the rover waypoint persistence issues. Satellites now work as well. BUG SMASH.

EDIT2: All known/reported bugs fixed! I can return to my balancing pass, add a few more configuration options, then some testing, and finally 0.58 will be ready. Sorry guys but Karbonite contracts will have to wait until 0.59, I need a clean canvas to work with, and I know you guys want a new release.

I've also created an IRC room on EsperNet in #FinePrint if you guys want to contact me directly with questions or concerns, or suggestions, or good music recommendations. I'll be idling in there from now on, and you can beep me by saying my name. That'll get my attention quick if I'm not AFK.

Edited by Arsonide

I think I know what this is. Did these null references start after you completed an ARM contract, or after you cancelled one? This issue is being tracked and worked on alongside others. I'm just finishing up my orbital fixes tonight, and I can move on to these.

After I completed one - capture a B class asteroid and put it in Kerbin's orbit

After I completed one - capture a B class asteroid and put it in Kerbin's orbit

Neat, got that one fixed last night. Just finished changing the patch reset to be a little softer on you guys too. It now only resets my contracts, leaving the other stock and mod contracts alone. It's also a configuration option, meaning if you patch, you can opt out of the reset, though this could cause you some trouble.

Oh and I added settings for keosynchronous and keliosynchronous, for people that hate K's. It actually just lets you rename the whole word to whatever you want. You can call them walrus orbits if you want.

EDIT: Nailed the ARM bug, and tracked down the source of the rover waypoint persistence issues. Satellites now work as well. BUG SMASH.

EDIT2: All known/reported bugs fixed! I can return to my balancing pass, add a few more configuration options, then some testing, and finally 0.58 will be ready. Sorry guys but Karbonite contracts will have to wait until 0.59, I need a clean canvas to work with, and I know you guys want a new release.

Yay! Bug smashin' is good stuff. Looknig forward to 0.58 :)

Neat, got that one fixed last night. Just finished changing the patch reset to be a little softer on you guys too. It now only resets my contracts, leaving the other stock and mod contracts alone. It's also a configuration option, meaning if you patch, you can opt out of the reset, though this could cause you some trouble.

Oh and I added settings for keosynchronous and keliosynchronous, for people that hate K's. It actually just lets you rename the whole word to whatever you want. You can call them walrus orbits if you want.

Woo! I can upgrade! And why do I suddenly have a urge to call them 'polar' and 'retrograde' orbits? :P

Thanks for the work, glad to hear the bugs got squished.

I'm loving this mod, especially once I unlock Mechjeb's Maneuver Planner. I came here to report the "longitude of ascending node requirement prevents equatorial orbits from being completed" bug, but saw you have already closed that issue this very day! Can't wait for the release with this fix.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the orbit that is giving me trouble includes an encounter with Minmus (is this something that should not be generated?), so I'm hoping the fix comes out and I can complete the contract before it throws me out of whack!

Edited by robot256
avoiding reply to self

I'd like to see a 'decline contract with the right button in the contract building' feature somewhere, maybe not in this mod but whatever, there is so much of them that you get tired cancelling things that you don't like to do right now.

I'd like to see a 'decline contract with the right button in the contract building' feature somewhere, maybe not in this mod but whatever, there is so much of them that you get tired cancelling things that you don't like to do right now.

To that end, it would be nice if you could solicit specific types of contracts rather than it being random. For example, if your KSP has no interest in satellite contracts then you should be able to disable that category for the time being.

i have a bugreport:

Today I had a problem where I had to put a satellite in a polar orbit around kerbin. allconditions were met(items, height,lan etc) except for neutralizing the controls for 10 seconds.

I did try it multiple times with everything turned off but the contract wouldn't complete.(my satellite had phantom rotation, that might have been an issue, but i couldn't be solved with timewarp or rotating into the different direction and waiting for the counter-roll).

I tried switching vessels and multiple times getting control back from the tracking station. The only thing that happened then was the the markier-circle disappeared, even though the contract was still active. satellite constisted mostly of stockparts and was the same model used for other satellite-orbit contracts.

i have a bugreport:

Today I had a problem where I had to put a satellite in a polar orbit around kerbin. allconditions were met(items, height,lan etc) except for neutralizing the controls for 10 seconds.

I did try it multiple times with everything turned off but the contract wouldn't complete.(my satellite had phantom rotation, that might have been an issue, but i couldn't be solved with timewarp or rotating into the different direction and waiting for the counter-roll).

I tried switching vessels and multiple times getting control back from the tracking station. The only thing that happened then was the the markier-circle disappeared, even though the contract was still active. satellite constisted mostly of stockparts and was the same model used for other satellite-orbit contracts.

Was your satellite trimmed, or did you have RCS or SAS enabled?

To that end, it would be nice if you could solicit specific types of contracts rather than it being random. For example, if your KSP has no interest in satellite contracts then you should be able to disable that category for the time being.

This is a primary feature of the next patch.

Agreed. If I don't have the turbojet part unlocked, the getting 3 contract offers to do air surveys at 14K to 23K altitude is a bit bothersome - especially if they only reward 11 research a pop and are located half-way around the planet. It takes ages for a normal jet engine to push a plane that far around.

With rover surveys on kerbin i just do an orbital insertion...

Agreed. If I don't have the turbojet part unlocked, the getting 3 contract offers to do air surveys at 14K to 23K altitude is a bit bothersome - especially if they only reward 11 research a pop and are located half-way around the planet. It takes ages for a normal jet engine to push a plane that far around.

With rover surveys on kerbin i just do an orbital insertion...

The rover and aerial missions spawn randomly on the surface of the planet because they target more planets than just Kerbin. I could clamp them to an area around KSC but this would throw off the balance a bit.

The rover and aerial missions spawn randomly on the surface of the planet because they target more planets than just Kerbin. I could clamp them to an area around KSC but this would throw off the balance a bit.

You don't have to change where the rover and aerial missions spawn for me - though if the height for the aerial missions pre-turbojet were lowered it would be really nice. Down to 0 to 9 kilometers would be nice. In fact, some close-surface air missions might be fun.

and if you could avoid putting rover missions in mountain areas. stock KSP wheeled rovers can't go up mountain-sides unless you add rockets - and that can get really dangerous and tricky and frustrating just the same

Alright, everything's pretty much prepped for a new release...but I'm going to spend a good amount of time just running through each mission type trying to break them first.

Will this work with RSS and other associated mods?

I try not to refer to specific planets very often, but occasionally I have to check one of them. (Like checking Jool before putting a rover waypoint on it.)

I haven't tried the mod with RSS so I don't know what ramifications that may have with it.

Thanks for providing the source code! I adjusted the random satellite contracts so rewards more closely match delta-v requirements.

Kerbin contracts fall into three categories, with the difficulty order reversed for other celestial bodies:

Easy - near orbit

Medium - high orbit

Hard - moon orbits

Solar orbits sort into:

Easy - near Kerbin

Medium - outer system

Hard - low solar orbit

Here's the redone GenerateOrbit function in Util.cs: http://pastebin.com/xcE2J4LT

I also adjusted test-flight contracts on Kerbin so we can do them at the start of the game when aircraft become available. They follow this progression:

Easy - get a plane into the air and perform test flights over the old airfield islands.

Medium - fly a jet at cloud altitude near the mountains west of KSS.

Hard - fly a high-altitude jet above 10km around the peninsula southwest of KSS.

I also changed the text a bit to evoke the experimental test flights like the X-1.

Here's the Kerbin test flight code: http://pastebin.com/MYJusQNR

I'm actually just now adding configuration options that allow the user to specify % chances per difficulty level to spawn waypoints near KSC if they are on Kerbin. I also added a % chance per difficulty to spawn low altitude missions.

It's just that and one last bug that popped up. They keep popping up right before I start packaging for release, and delaying me a little bit.