[0.90.0] Fine Print vSTOCK'D - BETA RELEASE!!! (December 15)

Arsonide

I looked through the last pages but couldn't really find anything regarding the stock integration... will you release a new version with the visibility settings or do we have to wait for the stock integration?

I can confirm that the next version of Fine Print will be integrated with 0.90, and that I am working very hard to make it as good as I can make it for you guys. There are a some cool additions, but I want to keep a few surprises. ;)

That is all I have for now.

I can confirm that the next version of Fine Print will be integrated with 0.90, and that I am working very hard to make it as good as I can make it for you guys. There are a some cool additions, but I want to keep a few surprises. ;)

So basically: "I'm working on it and it's going to be awesome". You should write something for Devnote Tuesdays, you'd fit right in :)

[/tongueincheek]

Waypoints do have points that can use improving; mainly in ways that make them more similar to targeted bodies/vessels. I wonder if stock integration would open up some capabilities, making these improvements easier?

1) Marking the ascending/descending node on your current orbit, which will change when you tweak a maneuver node (as mentioned by paul23)

2) Intercept points, showing the closest point from your current orbit to a satellite contract orbit (also changes when you tweak maneuver nodes). This would require the ability to target orbits rather than bodies/vessels; no target prograde/target retrograde markers since that won't make sense. Probably no target relative velocity as well; would probably make things too easy. I just want intercept points because they're very hard to see (things that look close together on a two-dimensional screen can actually be pretty far apart).

3) Target retrograde markers for aerial/rover checkpoints; this is useful because a) helps you know where to turn if you're currently facing away from the checkpoint (though a maneuver-node-like arrow may be more helpful for this), and B) Target retrograde helps you when landing a rover; you can aim to land on or near one of the spots, to shorten drive time.

Edited by Spheniscine

So basically: "I'm working on it and it's going to be awesome". You should write something for Devnote Tuesdays, you'd fit right in :)

I learn from the best!

Waypoints do have points that can use improving; mainly in ways that make them more similar to targeted bodies/vessels. I wonder if stock integration would make the transition smoother?

The fact that orbital waypoints can not be targeted is quite intentional. It was a design decision to differentiate them. They do not represent a specific point in space, they represent a path through space. If they were able to be targeted, then satellite contracts would basically become rescue contracts. Satellite contracts are moreso about manipulating your orbit on your own and matching that path than rendezvousing with a point in space.

The fact that orbital waypoints can not be targeted is quite intentional. It was a design decision to differentiate them. They do not represent a specific point in space, they represent a path through space. If they were able to be targeted, then satellite contracts would basically become rescue contracts. Satellite contracts are moreso about manipulating your orbit on your own and matching that path than rendezvousing with a point in space.

I understand that - I won't want the last part to be "switch navball relative velocity display to target, point retrograde and kill it" (which isn't even the last part of rendezvous/rescue/docking, since you actually have to then rendezvous/rescue/dock) either, but rather to have to use maneuver nodes to match the orbit. Really all I want is the intercept point/distance, as that is hard to see (right now I'm forced to use the apoapsis or periapsis as intercept points, which is probably not as time/fuel efficient as if I can intercept at any point).

Edited by Spheniscine

It definitely won't break anything, but it might spit out a few errors and possibly make your save a minuscule amount larger, so small that I'm not sure why I'm mentioning it.

There's also a chance that won't even happen. I wouldn't worry.

It definitely won't break anything, but it might spit out a few errors and possibly make your save a minuscule amount larger, so small that I'm not sure why I'm mentioning it.

There's also a chance that won't even happen. I wouldn't worry.

Okay, thanks! I'm definitely giving it a try, then.

I can't seem to get the first objective of satellite deploy contracts completed (launch a new probe with an antenna). Could there be some conflict with RemoteTech?

Edit: Never mind, Got it working, it seems like you need an active power source, like solar panels for this to work, but that ignores alternative power solutions like fuel cells that are disabled by default.

Edited by ymir9

Any chance of implementing space tourism contracts? :) Eg: transport a specific paying kerbal "tourist" to a specific orbit/planet/biome then return them to Kerbin. Alternatively does anyone know of a mod that has something similar?

I have my Minmus base it is mobile and has done several kilometers of Minmus travel but I am still not getting the credit for having a mobile base. I am using wheels from Modular Multi-Wheels. Below is my mobile base in route and then landed. BTW this mod rocks but argh its hard to get the credit for doing things some times. I have also had issues with rovers not being counted as rovers. is this because the add on is not recognizing something in other add ons?

Minmus or Bust!!!!

b152451e12e5e726c02fd96331199cc0.jpg

Are we there yet???

58370f7c535072ba73bb88d51fb1cc3f.jpg

The wheel check does not recognize some modded wheels on those objectives. I have an idea of a new way to do this that might recognize all wheels, but we'll see if I can squeeze it in.

Edited by Arsonide

How does it define a research lab then? I know it recognized the KSO lab.

Most of my checks look for modules. Modules are broader than a specific part. It's like a part "capability". The lab is a module that is on multiple parts. I also look for popular wheel modules, it seems like anybody who makes a wheel part comes up with their own custom module for it, resulting in a lot of issues detecting them. If everybody used the stock ModuleWheel, there'd be no problems. Of course, they probably need extra capabilities for their mods to work as well, so it's a double edged sword.

Like I said, I think there is another way to go about it than by using module or part checks...but I'll need time to look at it.

Thanks So is there a way to bypass this for now do I go into my save and change an answer something?

Also I on the things you are working on are you working on making the waypoints visible in ScanSat, and or an in game way of setting your own waypoints? Thanks you, mod rocks and has my vote for Squad should adopt it and hire you to bake it into vanila KSP.

Edited by C.A.Sizemore

Thanks So is there a way to bypass this for now do I go into my save and change an answer something?

Also I on the things you are working on are you working on making the waypoints visible in ScanSat, and or an in game way of setting your own waypoints? Thanks you, mod rocks and has my vote for Squad should adopt it and hire you to bake it into vanila KSP.

Aside from changing the waypoints to something from stock KSP (like flags, which doesn't seem like a good idea) this would require changes from SCANsat, not FinePrint.

Hey, I'm having a really interesting bug with FinePrint, while I am doing the aerial surveys my plane becomes the same colour as the node on the map, usually a really bright Pink, without any textures.

something_awful__2_6634_2842_thumb.gif

Bright pink is Unity's color for missing textures. (It's actually magenta.) Are you sure this is related to Fine Print? Does your plane turn any colors other than pink or pink like colors? (Green, blue, orange, or any other color at all?) If so, I'd like to see your log.