[0.90.0] Fine Print vSTOCK'D - BETA RELEASE!!! (December 15)

Arsonide

[FEATURE REQUEST]

In the config file, I'd like to be able to change the defined atmosphere height. With the new 64k mod the atmosphere is at 100km. Many contracts become impossible as a result (i.e. sub-orbital @ 80km; orbit @ 90km).

Thanks for a must have mod.

Fantastic mod, thank you - combines well with RemoteTech (satellite networks are profitable now) and gives reasons for rover missions and space stations :)

Can I suggest however, that the science return for aerial surveys (and possibly rover missions) on Kerbin is removed, or at least cut to almost nothing? Even playing on a hardcore 40% science return, I can still very easily grind survey missions with low technology, for up to 88 science at a go. This feels more like the sort of thing an aerospace company might do for a bit of profit to help balance the books, but isn't likely to return any new knowledge. Also, I got one rover mission so close to KSC that I just rolled off the runway and tagged all the waypoints in about 10 minutes xD Amusing, but feels a bit abusive of the intended mechanic, since it didn't cost me anything to execute.

I can see from the config that the base science for surveys can be changed, but I think that if it's on another planet, players should be rewarded fully for it. Eve aerials would be a monster, for example, and well worthy of science return!

But again, thanks for this mod, really nice extension to the game and really should be adopted into stock :)

Hello there!

When modding a fresh install of my KSP - first time with BDArmory - last night,

i was struck by an idea of incorporating new contracts.

Kerbals do like to make stuff fly and ocasionally, it will explode. So, i thought to

myself, who is the biggest fan of flying things that go boom? The military...

So why not give the KSC crew missions to blow up something? It would give

a real purpose to those weapons, and as i understand, Kerbal Konstructs should

be - sooner or later - able to spit out destructable objets.

Since means to blow things up exist in vanilla, all it needs would be for Kerbal

Konstructs to create the corresponding target as the contract is accepted.

No clue if medsouz has the "destructible" part figured out.

Just a thought tho...

Only pink, however it would only go pink while actively sending data for the aerial surveys, so when I was just flying there wouldn't be a colour change, and the plane would have it's normal texture with no reduction. I'll go replicate the error and send you a log. It might be a problem with the combo of mods, (plane parts in question were B9)

Also, I got one rover mission so close to KSC that I just rolled off the runway and tagged all the waypoints in about 10 minutes xD Amusing, but feels a bit abusive of the intended mechanic, since it didn't cost me anything to execute.

I believe that's intentional. They were pretty valuable to me when I was trying to design my first rovers. That way you can get a working design, use it, and get used to driving and the rover mission, before worrying about strapping it on a rocket to bring to other bodies.

Edited by Spheniscine

So I've come across a bug, but I don't know exactly what's causing it. My apologies ahead of time if this ends up not being the mod that causing it.

I just came back from my first Munnar mission in this save. It's decently modded, a list can be provided upon request.

After getting to the Mun, I picked up new contracts. I had the standard Explore the Mun, and picked up contracts for planting a flag, science from on the Mun, science from in space around the Mun, science from Kerbin orbit.

Upon landing and recovering, my craft would not recover, just the pilot would show recovered. Pilot still showed at the ship, ship could not recover from Space Center, but was recoverable from the map. It wouldn't accept returned science for two of the contracts as complete.

Multiple attempts to reland, still had the same issue upon recovery.

Here is the major error at the end of the log file (log file available here):

InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[RDTech] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate, Fallback fallback) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[RDTech] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Contracts.Templates.PartTest.Generate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Contracts.Contract.Generate (System.Type contractType, ContractPrestige difficulty, Int32 seed, State state) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Contracts.ContractSystem.GenerateContract (Int32 seed, ContractPrestige difficulty, System.Type contractType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Contracts.ContractSystem.GenerateContract (System.Int32& seed, ContractPrestige difficulty) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Contracts.ContractSystem.GenerateContracts (System.Int32& seed, ContractPrestige difficulty, Int32 count) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Contracts.ContractSystem.RefreshContracts () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Contracts.ContractSystem.OnReputationChanged (Single newRep, TransactionReasons reason) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at EventData`2[System.Single,TransactionReasons].Fire (Single data0, TransactionReasons data1) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Reputation.AddReputation (Single r, TransactionReasons reason) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Contracts.ContractParameter.AwardCompletion () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Contracts.ContractParameter.SetComplete () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Contracts.Parameters.CollectScience.OnScience (Single science, .ScienceSubject subject) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at EventData`2[System.Single,ScienceSubject].Fire (Single data0, .ScienceSubject data1) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ResearchAndDevelopment.SubmitScienceData (Single dataAmount, .ScienceSubject subject, Single xmitScalar) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ResearchAndDevelopment.onVesselRecoveryProcessing (.ProtoVessel pv, .MissionRecoveryDialog mrDialog, Single recoveryScore) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at EventData`3[ProtoVessel,MissionRecoveryDialog,System.Single].Fire (.ProtoVessel data0, .MissionRecoveryDialog data1, Single data2) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at VesselRecovery.OnVesselRecovered (.ProtoVessel pv) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at EventData`1[ProtoVessel].Fire (.ProtoVessel data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at VesselRetrieval.recoverVessel (.Vessel v) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at VesselRetrieval.recoverVessels () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at VesselRetrieval+.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

my apologies again if this isn't the mod this causing it, but perhaps could point me the way if its not :) thanks!

Edited by scerion

So I've come across a bug, but I don't know exactly what's causing it. My apologies ahead of time if this ends up not being the mod that causing it.

I don't do anything with vessel recovery, science data, or protovessels in any of my contracts right now. If you provide a list of mods, I might be able to throw out some suggestions as to what might be causing this.

Hello! For the "launch a new unmanned probe" objective, it is a little frustrating that it doesn't count to do a manned mission to the destination and then release the probe. The unmanned probe will still be at its required orbit, but the launching vessel will be manned. I personally do not use probes in hard mode career because it feels like cheating. People who use Remote Tech with signal-delay enabled will also avoid launching probe-only craft.

Hello! For the "launch a new unmanned probe" objective, it is a little frustrating that it doesn't count to do a manned mission to the destination and then release the probe. The unmanned probe will still be at its required orbit, but the launching vessel will be manned. I personally do not use probes in hard mode career because it feels like cheating. People who use Remote Tech with signal-delay enabled will also avoid launching probe-only craft.

It does count. You just need to put a probe core on the probe and switch to it for a bit with controls deactivated after release.

I don't do anything with vessel recovery, science data, or protovessels in any of my contracts right now. If you provide a list of mods, I might be able to throw out some suggestions as to what might be causing this.

Yeah I didn't think so either :-/ the error about the Contract stuff was throwing me off though thought there might have been something during recovery that might've done it.

Thanks for taking your time to look at it though Arsonide :D

Mod List: http://pastebin.com/SdAgCzXy

Yeah I didn't think so either :-/ the error about the Contract stuff was throwing me off though thought there might have been something during recovery that might've done it.

Thanks for taking your time to look at it though Arsonide :D

Mod List: http://pastebin.com/SdAgCzXy

Do you still have the full log throwing the error as well? That would help me narrow down the possibilities.

I believe that's intentional. They were pretty valuable to me when I was trying to design my first rovers. That way you can get a working design, use it, and get used to driving and the rover mission, before worrying about strapping it on a rocket to bring to other bodies.

I don't mind the proximity, I just feel like the science reward for things on Kerbin's surface/in Kerbin's airspace is too generous. The stock game already rewards quite a lot for just picking up temperature, pressure, and soil samples from different biomes, but those are at least limited. Kerbin flyovers are infinitely available, and easy once you have a working jet, and thus (IMHO) need to have no science reward to make sure players don't simply grind the whole tech tree before breaching the atmosphere. Nice fundraisers, but they'd probably be best restricted to being only that.

And there's no reason you can't test rovers without a specific mission to do so. I've spent hours bumbling mine around KSC until I figured out designs that worked well :)

It does count. You just need to put a probe core on the probe and switch to it for a bit with controls deactivated after release.

Tried exactly that yesterday with no luck... Though I do sometimes find that it's not counting satellites as being in the correct orbit, even when it's visually and numerically within it's specified margin of error. Happily, the debug screen solves this issue, even if it is a bit of a ham-fisted tactic :)

Is it possible to have the part test mission give a discount on the unlock cost of the part that was tested (Either xx% or -xxxx cash per test contract). Seems odd that you can use the part as much as you want for unrelated missions while you have the contract, but can't use it afterwards even with the tech.

Narativly would also make a nice incentive for completing harder or unprofitable test contracts for parts you want to use is you got a 25% or 1000 cash unlock discount on the part unlock.

Fine Print contracts are based on part unlocks; they won't appear until you have researched nodes with key parts. (If you're playing with buy-in costs on, you do not have to buy-in to the parts for the missions to be offered, only unlock the node.) Without part mods that rearrange the tech tree or add new stuff earlier in the tech tree, this would be:

Tech level 5:

Electrics (probes and solar panels) for satellite missions (I suggest getting this first because it's among the easiest missions. You can generally use the same design for everything within Kerbin SOI, though note that some satellite contracts require you to stick one or more specific science equipment to them, always from those you've already unlocked)

Aerodynamics (jet engines) for aerial survey missions (you might get them with only Flight Control, dunno if that is changed, but I don't suggest you attempt them without Aerodynamics, as liquid fuel engines don't have good range in the atmosphere. The wing parts are almost essential too. Stick to short range and lowish altitude (<13000m) ones until you get turbojets. I like using unmanned aircraft for these so if I screw up the landing, I won't kill a kerbal and lose reputation);

Tech level 6:

Specialized Construction (docking ports) for station/base missions; Electrics are also required. (Stations are really easy too as long as you can move a payload [i suggest Heavy Rocketry]; due to the differing requirements of each contract, expect to use the VAB a lot. Bases are similar, but will also require you to land them on a body.)

Actuators (the Klaw) for asteroid retrieval missions, naturally

Tech level 7:

Field Science​ (wheels) for rover missions

Edited by Spheniscine

Tried exactly that yesterday with no luck... Though I do sometimes find that it's not counting satellites as being in the correct orbit, even when it's visually and numerically within it's specified margin of error. Happily, the debug screen solves this issue, even if it is a bit of a ham-fisted tactic :)

The most probable cause for that is having the orbit running in the opposite direction to what was contracted. If you look closely at the orbit tracks in map view, you'll see little dots whizzing around the orbits showing the required direction.

If that's not the case, something is wrong with your install.

[FEATURE REQUEST]

In the config file, I'd like to be able to change the defined atmosphere height. With the new 64k mod the atmosphere is at 100km. Many contracts become impossible as a result (i.e. sub-orbital @ 80km; orbit @ 90km).

Thanks for a must have mod.

Just a simple re-bump for this request. Sorry to be a pain. Fine Print is a must have for me; love it! But I'd like to explore resized systems. Being able to change atmosphere altitudes seems like the only inhibiting factor. Being able to change this in the config (manually) would be super helpful!

Just a simple re-bump for this request. Sorry to be a pain. Fine Print is a must have for me; love it! But I'd like to explore resized systems. Being able to change atmosphere altitudes seems like the only inhibiting factor. Being able to change this in the config (manually) would be super helpful!

No worries at all, feedback is always welcome. I did see and note your request, and mod compatibility is a high priority for me.

I don't know if anyone told you how hard some of your surveillance contracts are with FAR and AJE installed, but honestly I think it raised KSP to a whole new level of fun for me. Trying to build a plane that could fly over 15km was tough, building one that can fly halfway around the planet and back has proven to be one of the largest challenges I've faced in a while. I'm also using KCT, so while a lot of simulations were run on the plane, when it comes down to actually doing the mission it's either all or nothing. Sadly, the first attempt is now a pile of debris up north. It turns out banking at Mach 3 requires more thought than I gave it credit for, and the resulting flat spin put the bird and two Kerbals in the ground. I'm happy to say, despite that setback, I have completed the mission. It's stupid to think that a few points in the sky are compelling, but they were. I've been trying to complete this contract for two weeks now! Now I just have to find a way to double it's range.

E840CC1C08CC477822B7F7942A7238D9C429FF0D

18B681F63C5C344152768C305C4C7A21BF6FBCE3

4BF5620291BD776E4E25501376E0E6E68A07C296

Edited by Hyomoto

Having a very fun time with this mod!

But now that i explored Mun and Duna, contracts to build bases pop up. But since when is building a planetary base at Duna a trivial thing? Apart from the mun, i did not launch manned missions, but bringing a new satellite into an orbit around Kerbin has a higher prestige than building planetary bases. This looks odd to me.

Any reason behind this? Or a way to modify this for my own game?