[0.90.0] Fine Print vSTOCK'D - BETA RELEASE!!! (December 15)

Arsonide

That's a pretty nice mod you have there, I might say!

Is it possible to conduct aerial surveys on other planets with atmospheres other that Kerbin? Haven't gotten this far in my career to find out by myself.

They are available by default. Aerial surveys can appear on any planet with atmosphere, even Jool.

I've been wondering,I got oks/mks & tac installed & fineprint gave me a mission to establish a base on Minmus that can at least support 5 Kerbals and hold for 10 seconds

But could I just land a lander with crewcapacity of 5 and tac support to keep them alive for the journey home & back

Why am I NOT getting credit for this orbit. It's well within the 7%! It's things like this that made me take this mod out in the past. Now I am stuck with a contract I apparently cannot complete even when I match the orbit practically perfectly??? The sat also clearly meats the requirements - battery and antenna.

7HcCNHO.png

iFNCa7g.png

GRRRRR! and now the orbit is within <1% of the target orbit and I am still getting stiffed on credit for the mission!!!! WHY!!!!

Where is the damn database for this mod. At this point I am going to just force give myself credit for succeeding. I refuse to have to fail because of mod bugs!

0UC4vzH.png

Edited by ctbram

Please advise if rover mission are actually somehow checking if vessel in use is at least similar to rover. For example, if I take rover mission and instead of wasting lot of time riding around will make some suborbital hops to land in each waypoint with a lander craft, will it work?

P.S. It it working as intended that I may complete several base building mission with a single craft? Like: take 3 missions to build orbital base around Kerbin, orbital base around Mun and planetary base on Mun. Then I build craft that fulfills requirements of all three and launch it to LKO, than to Mun orbit, than land it on the Mun - profit! Also it's possible to get it back to Kerbin for extra refund :) I know that it plays self-restricting roleplay idea, but I live in country where money are usually made (seemingly) out of nothing, so can't resist to break some rules to buy myself new Near Future reactor quicker =)

Edited by Mystique

Look upthread. Most probably, you're in the correct orbit but going in the wrong direction. If you look at the orbit in map mode, there are little markers whizzing around to show the correct direction.

- - - Updated - - -

Please advise if rover mission are actually somehow checking if vessel in use is at least similar to rover. For example, if I take rover mission and instead of wasting lot of time riding around will make some suborbital hops to land in each waypoint with a lander craft, will it work?

Only if the lander has rover wheels.

Look upthread. Most probably, you're in the correct orbit but going in the wrong direction. If you look at the orbit in map mode, there are little markers whizzing around to show the correct direction.

- - - Updated - - -

Only if the lander has rover wheels.

Yes it is confirmed I am retarded! Yes I am orbiting prograde and need to be retrograde. I will launch a new sat as I do not have the dv to do a 180 deg inc change lol. Ty for pointing this out. I had not looked at the direction indicators and just assumed everything was prograde. doh.

I've been wondering,I got oks/mks & tac installed & fineprint gave me a mission to establish a base on Minmus that can at least support 5 Kerbals and hold for 10 seconds

But could I just land a lander with crewcapacity of 5 and tac support to keep them alive for the journey home & back

THat works. I've done it before. I just landed a 5 person vessel, waited 10 seconds, and then returned it to Kerbin.

Does anyone know how to do the "Neutralize controls for 10 seconds"?

Whenever i try this (turn SAS off, don't touch keyboard) i still can't get it (and the station starts spinning).

Do all kerbals have to exit a station to neutralize controls?

Does anyone know how to do the "Neutralize controls for 10 seconds"?

Whenever i try this (turn SAS off, don't touch keyboard) i still can't get it (and the station starts spinning).

Do all kerbals have to exit a station to neutralize controls?

Alt-X. You have a non-zero amount of trim on the craft, hence the spinning and contract uncompletion.

@Arsonide - given that so many people have posted with exactly this problem, would it be possible to include 'remove all trim' in the neutralise controls bit of the contract debrief please?

THat works. I've done it before. I just landed a 5 person vessel, waited 10 seconds, and then returned it to Kerbin.

I kind of did that in reverse; I landed a six-seater spaceplane on the Mun to fulfill a base contract, with the intention of immediately returning to Kerbin. But I wasted a bit more fuel than I'd intended looking for a good landing spot, then I realised that I didn't have enough left to get back into orbit...

They're still there. They've got a docking port, but getting a refueller to dock with a Mk2 inline port while the target is sitting on the ground is going to be...challenging.

Yeah, KAS fuel hoses etc., I know. But where's the fun in that? :D

I've not seen anyone else mention this, but I just received a contract for a base on Bop. The headline for the contract says it needs to support zero kerbals, whle the details require 10.

CAEdCHW.png

Quick question if I may; do the build-a-base missions respect Kerbal Attachment System's methods of hooking things together? I'm eyeing up a munbase mission to justify the cost of landing a 25 ton Station Science module, but trying to line up docking ports by conventional means on the surface is a bit intimidating. Would be much easier if I can just land within a few metres and run some pipes between the two :)

Pretty sure that connecting up craft with KAS components means they're then treated as one craft, the same way as when you dock them. I've been meaning to test this myself with base building contracts.

Depends on what KAS components you're talking about. Some KAS parts dock the two craft into one, some don't, and some give you the option when you're making the link.

For anyone having issues with contracts disappearing after restarting the game, make sure you installed the mod correctly, after checking the alt-f12 logs I noticed this error

[Exception]: IsolatedStorageException: Could not find a part of the path "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\FinePrint\FinePrint.cfg".

Turns out when I installed the mod I installed it to \GameData\ instead of \GameData\FinePrint Whoops! I saw someone with this issue post on the curse comments for this mod so maybe someone should tell that guy :) I dont have a curse account.

How can you disable contracts that you dont want to appear? I am not a fan of the satellite contracts in Fineprint and would prefer they not clutter up the mission selection. I deleted the satellite code from the cfg file but they still appear.

If you delete the code, Fine Print will assume that your configuration file is corrupted, and recover with default values, meaning they will keep appearing. Don't do that. Instead, just change the MaximumAvailable and MaximumActive in the Satellite section to 0, that will stop them from appearing.

If you need to reset your configuration file, just delete it and run the game, Fine Print will whip up a new one for you with default values.

I'm sorry they are no fun for you though, what didn't you like about them?

Edited by Arsonide

Thank you for letting me know what to change.

For what I dont like about them is they always set distances way too far for my liking. All Contracts will be like 10000000m or more.

Whatever you like or don't is fine, but variety does appear. I just put a Fine Print-ed Scansat mapper into a 100km polar orbit around the Mun. As well as netting me a bucket of cash and science for the satellite contract, it also let me get a full topo map of the Mun, which I radioed in to fulfil a "science from around the Mun" contract for more loot and science.

Only cost about √40,000, and it has enough juice left to go repeat the job around Minmus when it's done. Those lightweight satellite payloads are much easier to fling about than a full Kerballed capsule.

It would be nice if you could easily see the orbital parameters before choosing to accept it, though. And a few more low-orbit missions might not be a bad idea.

Edited by Wanderfound