[0.90.0] Fine Print vSTOCK'D - BETA RELEASE!!! (December 15)

Arsonide

It would be nice if you could easily see the orbital parameters before choosing to accept it, though.

I'm pretty sure you can? I think it's under some "notes" dropdown... you can even view the waypoint in the Tracking Station even if you haven't accepted the contract.

So question: When do these contracts actually start to appear? Will they show up after I complete the "Explore the Mun" contract, or should I be seeing them before that?

This has been answered a lot. You don't start seeing these until you've unlocked ALL the parts that are needed. Probes need a core and solar power. Rover contracts need wheels available. Etc.

This has been answered a lot. You don't start seeing these until you've unlocked ALL the parts that are needed. Probes need a core and solar power. Rover contracts need wheels available. Etc.

Probes require a core, power (not necessarily solar), and an antenna. Rovers require wheels, aerial surveys require mid level plane stuff of any kind, stations and bases require docking ports, antennae, and power. ARM requires the Klaw.

Probes require a core, power (not necessarily solar), and an antenna. Rovers require wheels, aerial surveys require mid level plane stuff of any kind, stations and bases require docking ports, antennae, and power. ARM requires the Klaw.

Can you unlock the RTG without first unlocking a solar panel? I haven't actually looked at the tree enough to know, but I've also never really used those, preferring panels.

I was more talking about how to see the contracts appear than what they needed to complete, sorry for the confusion.

Can you unlock the RTG without first unlocking a solar panel? I haven't actually looked at the tree enough to know, but I've also never really used those, preferring panels.

I was more talking about how to see the contracts appear than what they needed to complete, sorry for the confusion.

Well, one thing I learned after making this was to always assume everybody has modded everything. I don't assume where the RTG is on the tree. :P

Why am I NOT getting credit for this orbit. It's well within the 7%! It's things like this that made me take this mod out in the past. Now I am stuck with a contract I apparently cannot complete even when I match the orbit practically perfectly??? The sat also clearly meats the requirements - battery and antenna.

I had a similar problem once with a polar orbit. It turned out that I had the DN where the AN should be, i.e. the orbit of my satellite matched the target orbit exactly, but it was moving in the opposite direction as the small moving dots on the target orbit.

First of all, thanks for the great mod. I adds a lot of fun stuff to do in KSP.

Unfortunately I have some problems grabbing asteroids with FinePrint 0.59. Whenever I try to grab an asteroid I get a NullReferenceException (see below).

I am trying to grab the asteroid using the mass extractor from Asteroid Recycling Technologies.

[EXC 21:38:36.852] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

FinePrint.Contracts.Parameters.AsteroidParameter.OnDock (FromToAction`2 action)

EventData`1[GameEvents+FromToAction`2[Part,Part]].Fire (FromToAction`2 data)

Part.Couple (.Part tgtPart)

ModuleGrappleNode.Grapple (.Part other, .Part dockerSide)

ModuleGrappleNode.<SetupFSM>m__F6 ()

KerbalFSM.RunEvent (.KFSMEvent evt)

KerbalFSM.updateFSM (KFSMUpdateMode mode)

KerbalFSM.FixedUpdateFSM ()

ModuleGrappleNode.FixedUpdate ()

First of all, thanks for the great mod. I adds a lot of fun stuff to do in KSP.

Unfortunately I have some problems grabbing asteroids with FinePrint 0.59. Whenever I try to grab an asteroid I get a NullReferenceException (see below).

I am trying to grab the asteroid using the mass extractor from Asteroid Recycling Technologies.

[EXC 21:38:36.852] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

FinePrint.Contracts.Parameters.AsteroidParameter.OnDock (FromToAction`2 action)

EventData`1[GameEvents+FromToAction`2[Part,Part]].Fire (FromToAction`2 data)

Part.Couple (.Part tgtPart)

ModuleGrappleNode.Grapple (.Part other, .Part dockerSide)

ModuleGrappleNode.<SetupFSM>m__F6 ()

KerbalFSM.RunEvent (.KFSMEvent evt)

KerbalFSM.updateFSM (KFSMUpdateMode mode)

KerbalFSM.FixedUpdateFSM ()

ModuleGrappleNode.FixedUpdate ()

It's a known issue that has been fixed, fix will be in the next version.

I believe it does work with KAS.
Pretty sure that connecting up craft with KAS components means they're then treated as one craft, the same way as when you dock them. I've been meaning to test this myself with base building contracts.

Yep, cheers guys, I can confirm this now. Had a nice easy base making mission in Minmus orbit so gave it a try first with a KAS radial connector and winch, just linking the two pieces together in docked mode at ~20m separation. Worked a charm, even though they were conspicuously free floating :)

That's really nice to know for making bases on the surface later; being able to just land nearby and run a few pipes over is just the ticket. Here's hoping I can get a few Mun base missions in a row and build up a proper MKS settlement, at profit! :wink:

Thanks for the mod. It gives me alot more direction when playing career mode.

Ive noticed an issue though with the "default/always there contracts". I mean the ones with no expiry like explore the mun or reach space, etc. After installing your mod I am no longer receiving some of them. The ones I have noticed so far is explore Minmus and explore Eve. After getting the contract for explore bop and pol I decided to just go to minmus anyways without the mission. Once I got in orbit I started receiving the Place flag and related missions but not before(This is normal i think).

I am also using another mod that adds contracts called station science. This mod adds some station experiments and contracts to perform them. Its not that serious since I already have an idea of the order the explore missions usually popped up in but I thought you might want to know.

The full list of other mods I installed:

NEAR, B9, KW, KAS, Station Science, Kerbal Engineer, Mechjeb.

Some of those also installed other mods but Im not sure.

I've been wondering,I got oks/mks & tac installed & fineprint gave me a mission to establish a base on Minmus that can at least support 5 Kerbals and hold for 10 seconds

But could I just land a lander with crewcapacity of 5 and tac support to keep them alive for the journey home & back

Indeed, the condition of completing are too easy to comply to. The problem how detect a true base is established? On solution would be require to have a vessel supporting 5 kerbals that does not have enough deltav to reorbit.

An easier to way to make this contract work better (and other missions as well), Is to require the vessel to carry a specialy part that must remain at the same location or orbit once activated or face financiel penalties. BetterThanStartingManned does this, so why doesn't fine print use the same technique?

Edited by FreeThinker

I have Karbonite installed and I never seem to get any harvesting or resource contracts to show up. Is Fine Print compatible with Karbonite or is there something wrong?

You have to edit the config file to turn those contracts on. See the changes for version 0.58b in the OP.

I had a similar problem once with a polar orbit. It turned out that I had the DN where the AN should be, i.e. the orbit of my satellite matched the target orbit exactly, but it was moving in the opposite direction as the small moving dots on the target orbit.

You have to pay attention to the inclination. 0' is counterclockwise, while 180' is clockwise. If you look at the target orbit on the map view, you'll even see the markers rotate a certain way. I did the same thing once too, matched it perfectly except going the wrong way. Also didn't realize at first that your periapsis and apoapsis must be in the correct position as well, which I believe is the "argument of periapsis" info given.

Alt-X, turn off SAS and don't touch the controls.
Thanks! It works just fine. I really love this mod. I even went as far as making an SSTO station. It was an insane build, and I don't think I built it properly, but I kiled Jeb in another plane before I could find out (whenever I kill Jeb I restart). It should get a lot easier with the mk3 parts though, so I'll try again then.

After actually having jsed the mod, I must say that instead of thinking "Oh, this will be cool" I think" Oh, this is going to be amaaaaazing!"! I really like the fly over waypoints ar certain heights missions, they show me parts of Kerbin I normally never go. This mod in general teaches me to invent the most bizarre planes and rockets (an SSTO station with wings!). I really can't wait for the next KSP update!

I've been making the most of the fact that stations and don't have to stay in place. Instead of a one-off station for each moon, I'm making big nuke-driven research ships and sending them along to each space station contract as it comes up.

screenshot246_zps5b5dd6bf.jpg

I've been making the most of the fact that stations and don't have to stay in place. Instead of a one-off station for each moon, I'm making big nuke-driven research ships and sending them along to each space station contract as it comes up.

http://i1378.photobucket.com/albums/ah120/craigmotbey/Kerbal/screenshot246_zps5b5dd6bf.jpg

Wait... I thought that it had to be a new station built (so launched) after a contract?

Wait... I thought that it had to be a new station built (so launched) after a contract?

Actually, you may have a point there. :huh:

Doesn't matter; they still make good Scansat and lander carriers. :D

Actually, that messes up my other plan, too; I was going to send up a stash of satellites into orbit so that the spaceplanes could reload without having to come back down. Poot.

Edited by Wanderfound

Well, they are working on making the mod stock, and with all the new biomes who knows what will happen. I personally feel that biome specific contracts aren't any fun, especially since we can't actually see where the biomes are. I'm fine with the current rover and plane missions. They are challenging enough (and extremely fun!).