[0.90.0] Fine Print vSTOCK'D - BETA RELEASE!!! (December 15)

Arsonide

Hey Arsonide,

I have a suggestion. Would it be possible to put the waypoint markers in flight view as well as in map view? It would make finding the landing location for some of the ground based scans far easier to find. As of now I'm constantly switching between flight and map view to see how close I am and when/where I should land. As a result I end up under or overshooting the location by quite a bit.

You can do that now. Start a flight, go to map view. Click on the marker you want to fly to and choose the option to add as a navigation point. It will then show as a marker on your navball.

You can do that now. Start a flight, go to map view. Click on the marker you want to fly to and choose the option to add as a navigation point. It will then show as a marker on your navball.

I know, I do that. The problem is it doesn't give you any kind of distance reference until it starts flashing and at that point its too late to land. Another thing is if you're going EVA you can't see the navball and have no idea where the marker is in the event of going past the scan area.

I guess another option would be for the Dev's to make the markers targets, similar to targeting another craft or Kerbin stranded in space. Then you could see the distance when your mouse hovers over the target.

Has the nature of these contracts changed significantly? I notice the waypoint contracts are easier and simpler. Are there more complicated versions later on with multiple way points or are these themselves a new kind of contract (since they use the crew report mechanic)?

I know, I do that. The problem is it doesn't give you any kind of distance reference until it starts flashing and at that point its too late to land. Another thing is if you're going EVA you can't see the navball and have no idea where the marker is in the event of going past the scan area.

I guess another option would be for the Dev's to make the markers targets, similar to targeting another craft or Kerbin stranded in space. Then you could see the distance when your mouse hovers over the target.

Not sure if this has a distance readout or if it can be used with EVA but might be worth a shot.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/81543

It will plop a waypoint onto your navball that you can fly towards. The icon will blink when you enter the area of the waypoint.

So this is basically for ground navigation? Doesn't seem to interact with maneuver nodes or other flight stuff.

Not sure if this has a distance readout or if it can be used with EVA but might be worth a shot.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/81543

Thanks for the link. Pretty cool mod. Unfortunately it doesn't show any of the mission markers on it. It shows everything else though.

So this is basically for ground navigation? Doesn't seem to interact with maneuver nodes or other flight stuff.

It works for both ground and air navigation markers. It's just a visual indicator so it won't interact with maneuver nodes.

Edited by bdito

The stock contracts will see the existing save data, but the problem is that the contracts themselves have changed. Some of them now expect to see new data there that wasn't there in 0.25. Luckily, Fine Print has always reverted to default values when it gets confused like this, so the game won't explode or anything, but your contracts might look a little weird. Just a warning. It's possible that you can still complete them, but do not be surprised if you cannot.

So, I loaded up 0.90 without FinePrint installed. All my 0.25 contracts disappeared. Oh well. :)

Has the nature of these contracts changed significantly? I notice the waypoint contracts are easier and simpler. Are there more complicated versions later on with multiple way points or are these themselves a new kind of contract (since they use the crew report mechanic)?

They do start simpler, as you progress your space program they will open into clusters, target more planets, ask for different experiments, and have more available at a time.

Hey Arsonide, thanks for the awesome mod!

I've never played with Fine Print before 0.9, so I just tried my first satellite mission. I was wondering, what did I do wrong : I reached the designated orbit but the sub-objective "Launch a new probe" shows as not completed (screenshot). The probe is indeed a new probe launched after I accepted the contract, it also has a power source and an antenna.

The probe is stock, but I use Ven's Stock Part Revamp and procedural fairings.

I was wondering, what did I do wrong : I reached the designated orbit but the sub-objective "Launch a new probe" shows as not completed (screenshot). The probe is indeed a new probe launched after I accepted the contract, it also has a power source and an antenna..

By 'power source', it means an actual source of power, such as an RTG or solar panel, not just a lot of batteries :)

By 'power source', it means an actual source of power, such as an RTG or solar panel, not just a lot of batteries :)

I see... I have yet to unlock solar panels, is it normal that I have multiple satellite contracts showing up if I can't complete them?

I see... I have yet to unlock solar panels, is it normal that I have multiple satellite contracts showing up if I can't complete them?

It's a bug, the launch clamps technically count as a source of power, thus the contract unlocks early since the game thinks you have a way to make a satellite with one. Since you obviously can't bring launch clamps into space without clever bug exploiting or hyperedit, it's impossible. Leastwise, that's what i've been reading.

I used FinePrint back in .25, but see now it has been largely integrated into .90. Is Fineprint still worth using, does it add much above what was integrated in .90?

There is nothing in the 0.25 release of FinePrint that isn't included and improved on in 0.90 stock. Installing the mod version of FinePrint on 0.90 will lead to sadness.

I have a suggestion. Would it be possible to put the waypoint markers in flight view as well as in map view? It would make finding the landing location for some of the ground based scans far easier to find. As of now I'm constantly switching between flight and map view to see how close I am and when/where I should land. As a result I end up under or overshooting the location by quite a bit.

For those who are interested in this feature, I made a mod that does just this: In-Flight Waypoints.

It's great mod and my congratulations on the release in the game!

Thank you very much for your work.

I use only original game, and that's why I'm just here. And as I understand, you're working on contracts in KSP.

I noticed a little dis-balance thing on contracts "Science data from space around Kerbin". A player can orbit Kerbin by one single ship and get a lot of such kind of contracts. These contracts are infinite and bring a lot of money and reputation. As a result, player can put ship on Kerbin's orbit (or Mun/Minmus) and get $/rep for nothing. I suppose that it would be better to limit this type of contract somehow. Only one such contract/only one contract per organization/player must get some new science from orbit experiment.

And I have one suggestion for new contract: to make a photo of the back side of the Mun. Mun is tidal locked, and Kerbals had never seen the back side of the Mun. Hence, it should be interesting for them. As an example at present original KSP stage of development, "to do Crew Report from the back side when its is at least 90% lit".

Bug report (I've seen it in 0.25 + FP too, but wasn't sure it was reproducible until now)

If you match a satellite orbital waypoint in flight view, and then switch to map view immediately after, it glitches out, and no orbits or vessels are shown. The workaround is to return to the Space Center and then switch back to your vessel.

Congratulations on getting the mod into stock. I've been using it for a few weeks now. Got a question though.

I just started a RO/RSS game, and looking at the waypoint missions (visual surveys, temperature scans, etc.) their ranges seem too small. They're very difficult to target in RSS. How could I increase the range at which I get the message "You are now entering area ...."?

Is there still a way to edit the rewards for the missions now that this is stock? I just edited the cfg file when it was a separate mod

They have all been added to GameData/Squad/Contracts/Contracts.cfg.

Edited by asheft

I would like to see competing contracts at some point. get the same contract by 2 different entities, picking one would lock out the other, and couple that with a system, that as you make these choices, certain contract givers will like/dislike you more by your choices, and give you better/worse reward and or contracts in the future. that would make the contract system feel more rewarding I think, rather than select, complete, repeat.