[0.90.0] Fine Print vSTOCK'D - BETA RELEASE!!! (December 15)

Arsonide

Ugh, I've been playing a stock playthrough (forcing myself to land on every planet rather than just 'meh'ing at the boring-looking ones), and I really, REALLY miss Fine Print. The stock KSP contracts are terribad and can't be customized at all :C

Arsonide, you've done some fine work.

Fortunately that save will be done soon, and I can go back to using Fine Print! Yay!

Wish you could set the survey spots as a target though, yeah the nav-ball integration is nice but it doesn't work in IVA, in-IVA navball doesn't have the icon nor does MFDs etc, and ScanSAT's MFD map doesn't have the icons etc, being able to target it like you do with MJ's landing assistant or similar would be neat, ties into other navigation tools.

Likewise. The navball integration is great, but I'm sorely missing the ability to check distance to target without having to switch to map mode. Something that selected the next waypoint in the sequence without having to go via the map screen would be nice, too. Getting distracted from your piloting when you're doing Mach 5 at 12,000m is rather dangerous.

Hmm, just got a mission to put a satellite in this orbit:

dmd6mR2l.png

Yeah it intersects the mun, is this on purpose? contract just says orbiting kerbin, doesn't mention say mun synchronous, I can get the sat into that orbit no problem, might have to wait for the mun to "get out of the way" but that's not really an issue, but I assume at some point they'll interact and it's baibai satellite.

Does it really matter?

Once the contract pays out, I just delete my sats to keep the extra CPU cycles from being eaten.

Well no it doesn't matter in the sense that I can complete the mission and get rewarded for it etc, but it's a bit weird putting a sat in an orbit that will ensure it gets destroyed pretty quickly, if it isn't an impactor experiment or gravity assist test.

Well no it doesn't matter in the sense that I can complete the mission and get rewarded for it etc, but it's a bit weird putting a sat in an orbit that will ensure it gets destroyed pretty quickly, if it isn't an impactor experiment or gravity assist test.

Realistic, though. "Let it crash into the nearest big lump of rock" is a fairly standard way of disposing of a no-longer-needed short mission satellite, whether an impact probe is required or not.

They'll usually run some sort of impact experiment with it, but that's largely a matter of "waste not, want not". The primary motivation is often just minimising space junk.

hello all a question

so i installed fineprint and everything is working fine but...

why is there an orbit around kerbin from a contract i did not accept yet? (put a satellite at this and that altitude bla bla) is this the way it;s supposed to be? if yes how can it be made to be visible only when accepting contract

hello all a question

why is there an orbit around kerbin from a contract i did not accept yet? (put a satellite at this and that altitude bla bla) is this the way it;s supposed to be? if yes how can it be made to be visible only when accepting contract

I believe that was requested, so you can see what the orbit is before accepting the contract to see if you want to attempt it visually instead of with numbers.

KSPx64 on windows is pure RNG, bug reports on it are redundant, nothing modders can do really.

Not really, maybe very little, but quite a few issues have been fixed. Some crashes can be reproduced 100%, so nothing random about them.

Edit: I don't expect modders to support x64, but many do, and have been really nice and spent their time to look.

Thanks for those.

For the rest who don't have the inclination, that's fine, just say you don't care about x64, just don't try to convince the world noone does.

Edited by Aedile

hello all a question

I think that's so you can see just how difficult it will be to make that orbit before accepting the contract. I suppose color-coding accepted versus offered contracts would be helpful though. Maybe it already is but I didn't notice.

Arsonide, I've seen this mentioned a few times but you've been curiously silent about it: Can the easter-egg anomalies be included in (some) of the rover/survey contracts? I think it would be a great way to show off the easter eggs to players that otherwise couldn't be bothered to research the anomalous locations (scansat or on the Web) and then try to pinpoint it on map view (whistles innocently :D) .

Not really, maybe very little, but quite a few issues have been fixed. Some crashes can be reproduced 100%, so nothing random about them.

Edit: I don't expect modders to support x64, but many do, and have been really nice and spent their time to look.

Thanks for those.

For the rest who don't have the inclination, that's fine, just say you don't care about x64, just don't try to convince the world noone does.

Some people play KSPx64 on windows with a list of mods longer than my leg just fine, I can't with even use a small subset of the same versions of the same mods without crashes during load or crashes going to VAB/SPH etc, that doesn't smell like something modders can really fix, sure some known x64 issues have been resolved but when something works for one person and doesn't for another it's time to break out the magic8ball to do your bugfixing with.

Edited by K3|Chris

I believe that was requested, so you can see what the orbit is before accepting the contract to see if you want to attempt it visually instead of with numbers.

ok...but it would be nice to have an option to turn it off i think

anyway great mod :)

The reason they rotate quickly is so that it's obvious that it isn't an object in orbit.

Regarding easter eggs, me and my friend discussed this, and we don't think leading players to easter eggs is really something we want to do. Easter eggs should be something you find on your own incidentally. Leading players to it is against the spirit of them.

That doesn't mean we don't have plans to spawn our own points of interest though:

crystal.png

We were working on this when I implemented satellites. Unfortunately, all the issues surrounding satellites, and the configuration, and now an extensive refactoring session have kind of placed this feature on the backburner for a bit.

Some people play KSPx64 on windows with a list of mods longer than my leg just fine, I can't with even use a small subset of the same versions of the same mods without crashes during load or crashes going to VAB/SPH etc, that doesn't smell like something modders can really fix, sure some known x64 issues have been resolved but when something works for one person and doesn't for another it's time to break out the magic8ball to do your bugfixing with.

The general point is, that even if mod x has a problem which is unfixable, it's worth knowing. Yes it's really difficult to track which mod exactly is the problem, but x32 also has mod-conflicts, false positives and random crashes (memory limit being great example)

So if a combination of mods causes a 100% reproducible crash, there is nothing random about it. And unfortunately, major reason one would use x64, is having a large list. If 2 mods somehow collide and make x64 crash, and they happen to be on your list, wouldn't you like to know?

Anyway, way beyond the topic of this thread.

So... I like the idea for this mod and it seems awesome but i'm on the third tech tree nodes and not getting any new contracts from this mod. Should I have gotten any yet?

You need an antenna and a solar panel before getting any satellite launch contracts. I don't think you have unlocked the solar panels yet, have you?

Hey, thanks for the great mod, it makes the contract system a lot more interesting and keeps my war chest overflowing with credits.

I am having an issue where the "Neutralize controls for 10 seconds" does not seem to be recognized after I have landed the required asteroid. I've tried switching to a different vessel, going back to the space center and restating KSP with no luck. There is nothing in the debug log. This is the first Asteroid contract I have taken but have had no issue with building bases, stations and satellites. Here is a copy of the save file and here is a screenshot of the asteroid. Thoughts?

Edit: I detached one more of the claws and it seemed to fix the issue. Not sure what happened

Edited by JamesOFarrell

Hey, thanks for the great mod, it makes the contract system a lot more interesting and keeps my war chest overflowing with credits.

I am having an issue where the "Neutralize controls for 10 seconds" does not seem to be recognized after I have landed the required asteroid. I've tried switching to a different vessel, going back to the space center and restating KSP with no luck. There is nothing in the debug log. This is the first Asteroid contract I have taken but have had no issue with building bases, stations and satellites. Here is a copy of the save file and here is a screenshot of the asteroid. Thoughts?

Edit: I detached one more of the claws and it seemed to fix the issue. Not sure what happened

trimPitch = 0.024

This line is in your save, on an asteroid. I assume you tapped you trim key on accident, which causes the vessel to constantly exert a force, you have to kill your trim with I think shift X. The trimmed vessel is probably the one you undocked. If you leave it trimmed, it will spin slowly on it's own.

Hi there. The High attitude survey mission of your mod is so good for me to gain some easy credits, and I like it so much. Even though, It has a problem with the mission Icon, that after I finished the mission, it still appears there, on the map. The system still works fine, but the Icon annoying me a lots.

"Neutralize controls" is regarded as completed when the player timewarps, even if SAS is still turned on. Not sure if that's intended or not, but it recently led to me completing a satellite deployment contract before I was actually done circularizing my orbit. The perfectionist in me complained :P