[0.90.0] Fine Print vSTOCK'D - BETA RELEASE!!! (December 15)

Arsonide

Sorry if this was already answered, I didn't find it right away: is there any way to reduce or enhance flag planting missions? It's sooo easy to abuse once you have a Kerbal on the ground somewhere :).

I believe that's part of the stock missions, not part of FinePrint. There might be a file you can edit manually to change things but IDK.

Edited by bdito

Having a very fun time with this mod!

But now that i explored Mun and Duna, contracts to build bases pop up. But since when is building a planetary base at Duna a trivial thing? Apart from the mun, i did not launch manned missions, but bringing a new satellite into an orbit around Kerbin has a higher prestige than building planetary bases. This looks odd to me.

Any reason behind this? Or a way to modify this for my own game?

The difficulty stars are a hard gauge, remember that it means "trivial for a base mission" not trivial in general. Trivial base contracts have lower crew capacities and less chances for extra requests like labs and a mobile base.

I do however, agree with the sentiment that you should need to do more than fly by a planet for certain contracts to show up there.

BTW, Arsonide: a slightly far-fetched idea for an eventual possible contract feature:

Allow players to generate and share contracts. Basically, a way of turning the forum challenge threads into in-game contracts. Maybe even allow spacecraft crossover: "I need a satellite in orbit X, but I can't do it myself; I'll pay you √X if you do it for me".

I haven't the foggiest how you'd implement something like that while still maintaining game balance (maybe have the challenge proposer actually pay some sort of price, based on how rewarding the contract is?), but it strikes me as an idea with interesting possibilities.

Hey great mod Arsonide!

I'm having trouble completing a rover mission on Vall. I'm parked pretty much on top of the waypoint and I have seen the "approaching beginning scanning for anomolies" message. Trouble is, it does not mark the waypoint as having been scanned. I've done these missions before with a different rover so I know the mod works.

Here are my details, I hope you can help.

64bit ksp 24.2 on win 8.1.

Fine print version 57

Lots of mods but the pertinent one probably is Kerbal Foundries because I'm using those awesome wheels with the suspension. I know mechjeb doesn't like them, maybe your mod doesn't either? I have never done a rover contract with these wheels.

The debug log only shows 2 perhaps relevant messages.

[Log]: [Rover 1 L]: ground contact! - error: -0.015m

[Log]: dT is NaN! tA: 5.75720381736755, E: 0, M: 0, T: NaN

The dT message happens a lot whenever I click anywhere in the map view and also when I select a waypoint.

I also notice that the "approaching message" does not mention the specific waypoint (Pilot's Gambit Alpha) just the waypoint group name. Not sure if that's normal.

Can I provide any more information?

Thanks very much for your time. I know you just do this in your spare time but know it is improving many people's enjoyment of the game. :)

Lots of mods but the pertinent one probably is Kerbal Foundries because I'm using those awesome wheels with the suspension.

There's your problem, I don't believe FinePrint recognises them (yet). I made that mistake once (thankfully, a bit closer to home than Vall). Ended up force completing it through the debug menu with no regrets as I'd done everything the contract asked anyway.

Please reduce the amount of science gathered from visitinging atmospheric points around kerbin. It's too easy to gather a lot of science from these contracts

Dive into the configuration file and tweak it. There's an option for basically everything.

Is there any reason a tracked asteroid would disappear when I was just about to match velocities with it? Its gone from tracking all together.

All kinds of reasons! Unless you touched the asteroid, I doubt any of them involve Fine Print though. What mods are you using?

I've taken a contract to build a space station in kerbolar orbit, for 6 kerbals. I have done this, but it isnt registering. All the conditions in the contract have a green check mark, except the 'neutralize controls for 10 seconds' one. Leaving it for that long (and more) does not trigger it. I AM suffering from some form of kraken which is forcing my craft to rotate constantly. Turning SAS on counters this to make it stable, but still the 10 seconds objective never completes. Any ideas?

I've taken a contract to build a space station in kerbolar orbit, for 6 kerbals. I have done this, but it isnt registering. All the conditions in the contract have a green check mark, except the 'neutralize controls for 10 seconds' one. Leaving it for that long (and more) does not trigger it. I AM suffering from some form of kraken which is forcing my craft to rotate constantly. Turning SAS on counters this to make it stable, but still the 10 seconds objective never completes. Any ideas?

You've got some non-neutral trim set. Alt-X to clear it, then turn the SAS off for ten seconds to complete the contract.

All kinds of reasons! Unless you touched the asteroid, I doubt any of them involve Fine Print though. What mods are you using?

...., a ton. Off hand can you think of any common likely culprits. I have NO idea where to start.

Here is a list thats a few eeks out of date. Some of those mods have since been updated, I use Karbonite instead of Kethane now and I have the FreeEVA and BahaDs Landing gear mod now too. http://i.imgur.com/pu8Bad0.jpg

Edited by UAL002

I took some Higher altitude survey missions but every time I try to reach the altitudes of around 13000/14000m in a plane, the pilot simply disappears. The plane still flies on uncontrollable and there is no structural failure. Anyone else getting this problem? I'm sure it's not directly because of this mod, but certainly affects whether you should accept those higher alt survey contracts.

I can say, definitively, that no I am not. I have never seen that happen. It's possible with DRE that high G-forces killed your Kerbal, but beyond that I cannot think of a specific reason why this would happen.

I took some Higher altitude survey missions but every time I try to reach the altitudes of around 13000/14000m in a plane, the pilot simply disappears. The plane still flies on uncontrollable and there is no structural failure. Anyone else getting this problem? I'm sure it's not directly because of this mod, but certainly affects whether you should accept those higher alt survey contracts.

Do you have any life support mods? Maybe your cockpit doesn't have any oxygen?

Edited by lurkoholic

That's a pretty nice mod you have there, I might say!

Is it possible to conduct aerial surveys on other planets with atmospheres other that Kerbin? Haven't gotten this far in my career to find out by myself.

Yup, they're there. I'm not sure what the trigger is to make them available but they're there.

I don't know. I should correct my original comment. I'm not sure if there is a trigger to make them available. Although I'm pretty sure you have to have unlocked one of the tech tree nodes before any become available.

Edited by bdito

Do you have any life support mods? Maybe your cockpit doesn't have any oxygen?

I'm embarrassed to say... that is what it was, thank-you kindly. The crew were suffocating. I switched life support mods and this one doesn't warn me of impending depletion of resources so I never thought of it. Don't I have egg on my face... or blood on my hands? Poor, poor Kerbals.

I'm embarrassed to say... that is what it was, thank-you kindly. The crew were suffocating. I switched life support mods and this one doesn't warn me of impending depletion of resources so I never thought of it. Don't I have egg on my face... or blood on my hands? Poor, poor Kerbals.

Well, at least it wasn't space vampires or something.