Is the age of easter eggs over?

smart013

First, i am no hater. I believe in the future of ksp, i like 24.2, everything is fine. But ...

Do you think the age where new easter eggs and seemingly silly, functionless gimmicks are implemented by devs (?) in the core game is over? No more crazy stuff without immediatly meaning for the gameplay?

Just asking.

Well i read in someplace that the person that was creating the anomalies/adding storyline is actually off from the dev team... but. Here in the community you will found patchs like "kerbtown" that do the same thing.

I hope it helps.

Ha! Ok, i meant other things,like the magic boulder or the duna face, but yes, it seems i got pwned by squad and i was not fast enough to get it.

Nice job Squad .. well played. ;)

Edited by smart013

If you're asking in general terms the answer is largely yes and you can thank Rockstar for that. Due to the Hot Coffee incident the ESRB implemented new rules stating that anything put into a game MUST be something that the devs have to disclose. Seeing as Easter Eggs tend to be a hush hush factor when it comes to disclosure, most devs have been dropping them to secure their ESRB ratings.

If you're asking in general terms the answer is largely yes and you can thank Rockstar for that. Due to the Hot Coffee incident the ESRB implemented new rules stating that anything put into a game MUST be something that the devs have to disclose. Seeing as Easter Eggs tend to be a hush hush factor when it comes to disclosure, most devs have been dropping them to secure their ESRB ratings.

Disclose to the ESRB is not the same as disclose to the public at large. Do you have a reference to the wording of the new rules?

That may be true but there's no reason for the ESRB to disclose it to the public unless it affects the rating and even then they only need to disclose those aspects of it that affect the rating, so if someone added a naked kerbal statue somewhere they might want to add something about nudity but wouldn't have to say it was an easter egg or exactly where it was located...

That may be true but there's no reason for the ESRB to disclose it to the public unless it affects the rating and even then they only need to disclose those aspects of it that affect the rating, so if someone added a naked kerbal statue somewhere they might want to add something about nudity but wouldn't have to say it was an easter egg or exactly where it was located...

Most Easter eggs are created by a small subset of the development team, and have historically been poorly documented, even internally. The requirements of ESRB means such things must be documented, so there's less opportunity for unilateral Easter eggs by a single dev.

A glitch from the use of mods? You show me ANY mod that includes a model of a shovel. The helmet-less screens with shovel are obviously a Squad parody of the "Moon landing was faked" conspiracy, therefore, an easter egg.

A glitch from the use of mods? You show me ANY mod that includes a model of a shovel. The helmet-less screens with shovel are obviously a Squad parody of the "Moon landing was faked" conspiracy, therefore, an easter egg.

Eh..actually looks like they are trying to dig the rocket out to me.

The helmet-less mod is Texture Replacer. And I'm pretty sure the shovel was already there anyway.

Looks legit!

Hehe... I see what you did there...!

How bout this one?

Thanks.

By the way I didn't thought of Google 'cause I thought this could be an game-intern acronyme.

You have the coughing syndrome ? Hope for you it's not TBK starting. (for further information, please refer to Google, and good luck for you, this is a french medical acronym)

Can someone just explain to me what is ESRB ?

Earing Solid Rocket Boosters ?

The Entertainment Software Rating Board. They're a bunch of stuffy jerks who help restrict access to video games in the United States by labeling them inappropriate. I believe the EU equivalent is PEGI.

Full disclosure, I tried to buy a copy of StarCraft (the first one) on my 16th birthday. The store clerk refused to sell it to me because it was rated Teen (clarified as 15+ on the box), and the store's policy was not to sell games rated 15+ to people under the age of 17.

They serve little useful purpose. Parents would be far better served taking a look at what the game is instead of expecting these jerks to condense it down onto a postage stamp sized area on the corner of the box, and store clerks would do well to not try to be the parents of all the kids that walk in.

Going even further off topic: In Germany it can be impossible to get a game or an uncensored version of a game (green blood from aliens, black "oil" from "robot" soldiers (C&C), over-/repainted swastikas etc.) even for 18+ customers, because it is simply not allowed to be sold ... which also often makes it impossible to get the original English language version you really would like to buy (maybe you do not like the translation or it is known to be rubbish or the original paid a well known actor or you just love English accents or whatever), because shops would sell only the modified version that usually has been translated as well. (There are games that have received a very good German-ification, do not get me wrong, but often the reworking is cheap ...)

Can someone just explain to me what is ESRB ?

Earing Solid Rocket Boosters ?

Entertainment Software Rating Board, the people who assign appropriateness ratings to software based on the type of content they contain.

AFAIK KSP has not been submitted for ESRB review, which makes sense given its alpha status.

Entertainment Software Rating Board, the people who assign appropriateness ratings to software based on the type of content they contain.

AFAIK KSP has not been submitted for ESRB review, which makes sense given its alpha status.

I thought it was the Eeloo-Super-Rocket-Booster... what have i been launching my stupid overdesigned hunks of steel with then?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.