CactEye Orbital Telescope

Rubber Ducky

Can now confirm. This addon is not Linux compatible. Worked like a charm on Windows.

Alright, thanks for checking. I wish I could investigate, as I'm sure it's something simple, but I just can't dedicate the time. I've added it to the known issues in the OP.

Alright, thanks for checking. I wish I could investigate, as I'm sure it's something simple, but I just can't dedicate the time. I've added it to the known issues in the OP.

That's fine. I figured nothing could be done but wanted to confirm it so it could be added to the OP to save someone elses Tech OCD from going crazy. :)

I like the aesthetics of it on the outside. I like complicated pieces of machinery that look complicated. :)

Just took a few photos of Eve.. The screenshots it produces are awesome.. This is the coolest little gadget to fly into orbit.

Is anyone else getting super shakey movement the further the objects get. Even with "fine" control toggled I find it extremely difficult to line up a planet for a picture.

Is anyone else getting super shakey movement the further the objects get. Even with "fine" control toggled I find it extremely difficult to line up a planet for a picture.

'Tis listed in the known issues. AFAIK, it's due to the infamous floating point inaccuracies the KSP devs have been battling since the beginning -- Unity simply wasn't built to measure angular momentum/rotation on such a precise level.

'Tis listed in the known issues. AFAIK, it's due to the infamous floating point inaccuracies the KSP devs have been battling since the beginning -- Unity simply wasn't built to measure angular momentum/rotation on such a precise level.

Oh duh.. I read that too but it just didn't make the connection when I experienced it in game. :D

Yea, its pretty hard. Best way I've found is to attach a heavy fuel tank to the telescope, shut down all attitude control except a single SAS on fine mode, press caps for more precise turning and then liberal use of time acceleration to halt rotation.

Using that method I can line up some pretty awesome shots even at maximum zoom.

Regardless though, awesome mod. I really love the interactivity and how you have to maintain it. Flying maintenance missions because you unlocked new processors is great fun.

I found slapping a can on the bottom instead of relying on a docked capsule helps A LOT since it is all now one rigid structure and no coupler wobble involved. I also found making an adjustment and using time acceleration to stop wobbbles, rinse, repeat works out well.

Agree. One of the coolest addons. Hope someone can pick it up and maintain it..

I even manage to snap a pic of Eeloo

wFUENvR.png

Is it true this is a nogo for linux? Im on x64 mint and literally have had NO issue with mod compatibility yet.

No go for Linux 32bit and 64bit.. I'm also not entirely sure this is 100% Windows 64bit friendly either. I've got nothing but random crashes during start up of KSP when this is installed.

Edit: I take that back.. I just got a random crash without this installed..

Edited by styckx

Yea, just tested this in my linux. GUI doesn't show. What a shame. Read through previous posts and confirmed it

If anyone takes this over, please look into this. As far as the OP, good luck in life. This is really a cool mod, what I saw so far anyway. I'll shelve this mod folder for the time being.

Edited by UAL002

Well hopefully someone will pick up maintaining it and workout the Linux problem. I prefer KSP in Linux.. The 64bit client is light years ahead of the Windows client. Still appreciate the mod a lot. Was fun what little I did get to use it. Lots of promise here to expand on too.

The 64bit client is light years ahead of the Windows client.

OMG yes. No issues for me(other than this mod alone). I really feel bad for the win people hitting their RAM walls. That's why I tried linux for the first time. NEVER GOING BACK. unless... games...

OMG yes. No issues for me(other than this mod alone). I really feel bad for the win people hitting their RAM walls. That's why I tried linux for the first time. NEVER GOING BACK. unless... games...

That is what dual-boot is for.

But yes, the linux client is definitely the 'correct' KSP version.

I don't know why Squad released the 64bit Windows client. I was actually surprised when I heard it was being released because it wasn't that long ago I heard the 64bit Windows Unity client was still highly unstable.. And well. It obviously still is very unstable. This mod too is the only one I've ever had a Linux specific problem with. The Linux 64bit client is equal in stability to its 32bit counterpart.. It's a shame Windows isn't the same.

Dual boot all the way, I literally only swap over for flight sims, photoshop (for my flag pack) and battlefield recently.

Same I jump to Windows for Prepar3D (flight sim) Photoshop and games. Daily grind PC stuff and KSP is purely Linux for me.