CactEye Orbital Telescope

Rubber Ducky

I wonder if anyone interested in taking this over would take a look at the linux gui problem. Maybe we just need to bug our favorite mod authors. :)

Can anyone try this linux fix? changes: https://github.com/duckytopia/CactEye/pull/1/files

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/210030302/CactEye.dll

mirror: https://github.com/hashashin/CactEye/releases/download/linux/CactEye.dll

Salud.

Edited by agises

Standby Control

EDIT: GUI now functions, further testing required. Thank you angel wearing bluejeans. Hark, my linux brethren, we are now clear for the test phase.

A moderator may be needed to update the first post.

Edited by UAL002

Standby Control

EDIT: GUI now functions, further testing required. Thank you angel wearing bluejeans. Hark, my linux brethren, we are now clear for the test phase.

A moderator may be needed to update the first post.

Roger that, added a mirror to the linux(works on windows also) dll on github.

Salud.

Edited by agises

Thanks, I'd like to make a feature request for whoever would like to try. A Telescope gui option to disable planet flare effect from Distant Object Enhancement. Essentially, the same button from the mod menu available only in the space center but instead on the GUI for this as well.

What are the odds. Both mods. Same author. Dammit man the community needs you. ;) Good luck out there.

The linux gods were kind to us tonight, and so was agises I guess. :)

And this is why this community rules. No one begged, no one had any sort of self importance about it, just kindly wished in passing and then and a kind soul came across and fixed it for us..

Admittedly, I sort of kindly begged. :)

Was nothing compared to some of the unwarranted self importance I've seen in other gaming circles when things don't go there way. I didn't even notice or take it as begging.

Think I found a bug with KAS,

You can put the processors in the KAS storage containers but it wont let you take them out.

I am able to take them out and attach them, you need to have a processor mount then right click and store the processor.

Edited by JeffersonFlight

I started a re-paint of the telescope into a non-black version.

WIP.. Can't stress this enough. There plenty areas still in the original texturing I know :)

I've done the main body structures of both the telescope and service bay.. Both were started from complete scratch by working two brand new metal textures over the original areas and building it back up. Only thing I recycled (from the areas I repainted) from the original was the door handle.. I redid all the lines, new rivets, etc.

bvnEA7a.jpg

FRdwEsW.jpg

xiELLYb.jpg

bG8nfRS.jpg

Edited by styckx

I started a re-paint of the telescope into a non-black version.

WIP.. Can't stress this enough. There plenty areas still in the original texturing I know :)

Did you consider going hubble-like look? with tinfoil-like textures, i'm not sure how good it would look in ksp, certainly would be reastic though.

Did you consider going hubble-like look? with tinfoil-like textures, i'm not sure how good it would look in ksp, certainly would be reastic though.

That was my first idea. but there is no specular map on the model so you can't change it to look "shiny" and "reflective" looking. I could've done a foil look but it would look very strange with no gloss to it.

So how do I disable processors burning out when pointing at the sun and the GRUs deteriorating?

GRU's got a parameter called Lifetime in their config file. I presume that setting that to something ridiculously high will effectively stop them from deteriorating.

As for the processor burning out, no way to disable that as far as I can see. Just don't point it towards the sun :P