CactEye Orbital Telescope

Rubber Ducky

I have found a trick to use DOE flares with cacteye telescope!!!

Before:

sRiHzgW.png

After:

rt9f7nl.png

You can still easily spot them!

Esf2ht9.png

All you need to do is to turn down the brightness of DOE flares!

I know it is not perfect but hey! it's better than nothing right?

Edited by orangewarning

After using this to take shots of Eve and Duna i have to say that this update is 10000000 times better than the previous version! I even set the Eve photo as my desktop screen saver ! XD

PS: I also found another trick: It works but you need to be in the day side of kerbin, all you need to do is look at kerbin and the flares disappear completely

Edited by montyben101

I know the glorious developer has sadly left us, but is anyone else having issues with powering the telescope? I put something into orbit with about 10 of the biggest stock batteries (some ridiculous amount of power), plus 30 solar panels and about the same amount of RTGs and whenever I start the observations, the power is drained completely in an instant, and then the observations stop because of a lack of power. :/

This mod is fantastic! While I have no idea how to aim properly, the best I can do right now is use the normal orientation controls to point the spacecraft. I can see having a button in the GUI that orients the spacecraft/telescope towards the target. Sad that the developer no longer is involved but at least the license is liberal and source is available on GitHub. If auto-orient isn't there when I finish up my other projects, then I might do it myself. :)

Meanwhile, here's my first use of the telescope:

W7IBeZ3.png

This mod is fantastic! While I have no idea how to aim properly, the best I can do right now is use the normal orientation controls to point the spacecraft. I can see having a button in the GUI that orients the spacecraft/telescope towards the target. Sad that the developer no longer is involved but at least the license is liberal and source is available on GitHub. If auto-orient isn't there when I finish up my other projects, then I might do it myself. :)

Meanwhile, here's my first use of the telescope:

http://i.imgur.com/W7IBeZ3.png

Looks like skylab.

Well derp on me! I didn't even think of that. Heh! Thanks for the tip. :)

Be careful with that...I used mechjeb and of course mechjeb does not care about sun so it pointed towards it and boom......now all that hard work for nothing. sigh....wish we could turn that off :rolleyes:

Be careful with that...I used mechjeb and of course mechjeb does not care about sun so it pointed towards it and boom......now all that hard work for nothing. sigh....wish we could turn that off :rolleyes:

Just keep the aperture closed until you are facing your target

good heads up... i was JUST about to pull the trigger and do that. How about if you use the marker on the ADI ball and get in the area, THEN kick in mechjeb for the killer shot?

The mod seems to have a conflict with MJ.It keeps crashing when I load my save.The other mod that does this is BurnTogether

Using this with MJ since release with no problems, as others are as well per the posts previously. No conflict between this and MJ.

Using this with MJ since release with no problems, as others are as well per the posts previously. No conflict between this and MJ.

Then could it be another conflict? Because every time I install MJ it crashes with this mod installed.I do have other mods installed

but I didn't find any other problems with CactEye and BurnTogether with the other mods.I can post a output and crash report.

I don't use BurnTogether (though I do have a ton of other mods :P ) Also if you're using 64 bit that is a wildcard for problems as the inherent insatiability with that build can make some things work perfectly for one but not at all for another.

So a minor bug for us with Remote Tech should be aware of. The Slim probe body acts as a local control with or without communication to your satellite network. Not a big deal, but for some realism guys...

So a minor bug for us with Remote Tech should be aware of. The Slim probe body acts as a local control with or without communication to your satellite network. Not a big deal, but for some realism guys...

Noticed that too. Was wondering why my rocket still worked when my antenna snapped off.

In your RemoteTech_Squad_Probes.cfg, just add the following to make RT2 recognize the slim probe core as a probe (at least this is how I did it).

@PART[probeCoreSlim]
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleSPU
}

MODULE
{
name = ModuleRTAntennaPassive
TechRequired = unmannedTech
OmniRange = 3000

TRANSMITTER
{
PacketInterval = 0.3
PacketSize = 2
PacketResourceCost = 15.0
}
}
}

In your RemoteTech_Squad_Probes.cfg, just add the following to make RT2 recognize the slim probe core as a probe (at least this is how I did it).

@PART[probeCoreSlim]
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleSPU
}

MODULE
{
name = ModuleRTAntennaPassive
TechRequired = unmannedTech
OmniRange = 3000

TRANSMITTER
{
PacketInterval = 0.3
PacketSize = 2
PacketResourceCost = 15.0
}
}
}

Wait, do all probe cores come with a 3K antenna?

Yes but it unlocks in the tech tree. Not sure if it's always-on in sandbox.

Thanks. BTW, I'd put that MM code into a separate file, so it doesn't get overwritten the next time you update RemoteTech.