Mod Parts Order [problem solved]

Tery215

Pre-.24, I could do this:

AAANASAmission

AAASquad

Now, renaming Squad to AAASquad removes the agencies flags, which I like.

I did this because adding mod parts sometimes confuses me as to where the stock parts are, specifically.

Now, there are mods that I like, but they won't load when I name them.

zzzRocketParts

zzzFairings

Is there any other way to make KWRocketry and ProceduralFairings load after Squad and NasaMission? I think they're prioritized alphabetically.

Edited by Tery215
problem solved

Renaming any of the Squad or mod folders is a very bad idea. Many of these mods, even parts-only mods, require that the files be in a specific folder. Renaming or moving the folders will break these mods or prevent parts from loading.

There are mods available that help organize the VAB part list, if that's what you mean by being confused about which parts are stock. Using those is a much better option than renaming folders.

The [thread=62466]Simple Part Organizer[/thread] (easy and simple but limited) and [thread=35018]Part Catalog[/thread] (complex and powerful) will let you sort parts without having to change your folder structures. (Before SPO and Part Catalog, there were actually a couple utilities that would re-order parts by changing all the folder names.)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.