Soyuz 7K-T & 7K-OK - MERGED WITH SALYUT PACK

raidernick

Nice. There was a plugin that allowed the blankets to burn off on reentry using some shader magic. BobCat used it. Sadly, it seems to be dead now, I don't have the source code and it stopped working back in 0.24.

Hmm... deadly reentry supports ablative shielding, and BahamutoD's animation modules support animation state based on resource quantity in a part... Maybe you could try playing around with those?

Nice. There was a plugin that allowed the blankets to burn off on reentry using some shader magic. BobCat used it. Sadly, it seems to be dead now, I don't have the source code and it stopped working back in 0.24.

Hmm... deadly reentry supports ablative shielding, and BahamutoD's animation modules support animation state based on resource quantity in a part... Maybe you could try playing around with those?

The burnoff works on bobcats soyuz

If it doesn't implement easily I'm not going to bother using it. I don't like messing around with plugins, especially older ones whose functionality is questionable with newer game updates.

If I can make one recommendation about the dock probes and ports. You should make the probe slightly shorter or the ports slightly deeper. I've had cases while trying to dock, with and without mechjeb where the prob goes in an yiu have to wiggle it around to catch the magnetism. Maybe increase the magnetism. It doesn't happen everytime but it's happened three or four times with me where I just had to wiggle it around to find the connection.

If I can make one recommendation about the dock probes and ports. You should make the probe slightly shorter or the ports slightly deeper. I've had cases while trying to dock, with and without mechjeb where the prob goes in an yiu have to wiggle it around to catch the magnetism. Maybe increase the magnetism. It doesn't happen everytime but it's happened three or four times with me where I just had to wiggle it around to find the connection.

That has nothing to do with the size/length of the probe. The probes have no colliders so they don't interact at all with anything in the game. The actual areas that magnetize on all my docking ports are the base "ring" on each of the ports, not anything sticking out or cones inside the ports.

EDIT: This mod has been merged into my Salyut/Soyuz pack

Visit the Development thread HERE

Visit the Releases thread HERE

Edited by raidernick