[1.9-1.10] Hangar

allista

[b]Do you use the [u]Desaturated Texture Pack?[/u][/b]  

326 members have voted

1. 1. [b]Do you use the [u]Desaturated Texture Pack?[/u][/b]

• Yes, the grey textures are more stock-like
    • No, the green-orange textures are fine

Hello.

I dropped in to ask if installind Hangar 0.90 version in 1.0.2 is likely to break flying crafts with hangar parts on them or simply those parts won't work.

My intent is to continue playing my 0.90 save in 1.0.2 without using hangar (until the mod gets updated of course) but at the same time without losing crafts with hangars.

PS I don't have any ship stored in some hangar as well.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hangar v2.3.2-BETA1 for KSP 1.0.2 is released

You can download it at GitHub for testing

I do not recommend to use it with your main game

It is far from tested and SHOULD still have some issues with the new API, especially with new aerodynamics and engine models.

But remember: the more you test it and report bugs, the sooner I'll make a proper release.

Also, it would be best if you use GitHub's bug tracker to report bugs instead of this forum, as it's much easier to access from the phone.

Thank you all for your patience and support!

- - - Updated - - -

And to explain the delay to some extent, here's my current schedule:

1. work-work-work, a lot of experimental work
  2. planning a vacation (29.06->15.07); and that means getting visa with all the bureaucracy :confused:
  3. finally marrying my wife officially in two weeks :D
  4. 16.07+ a conference on bioinformatics
  5. 27.08+ expedition to Kamchatka :cool:

I know, I'm a bad, baaad developer :blush:

Yay for an update. And congratulations on getting married! Being with that one person as weird as you are is wonderful. :)

Edit: Before I forget again, is there anyway that helipad type hangar could be implemented? The Spaceport is nice for orbital storage but storing crafts without wheels is difficult on the surface. Id do it myself but I'm clueless on how to do modeling in KSP. Maybe something mostly invisible that can be attached on top of other pad like parts? The rest is easy cfg changes.

Edited by DigitalProeliator

Before I forget again, is there anyway that helipad type hangar could be implemented? The Spaceport is nice for orbital storage but storing crafts without wheels is difficult on the surface. Id do it myself but I'm clueless on how to do modeling in KSP. Maybe something mostly invisible that can be attached on top of other pad like parts? The rest is easy cfg changes.

I'm sorry, but I'm not sure I will have the capacity for anything but bughunting until autumn. So you'll have to device something for now.

What I do is have a hangar with an infernal robotics piston bhind it, to push the craft out.

That might work for getting it out but what about back in? lol A helipad you can just take off or land on would just be easier.

I'm sorry, but I'm not sure I will have the capacity for anything but bughunting until autumn. So you'll have to device something for now.

Not a problem. As I said I have no clue how to do modeling so don't know how difficult it would be, hence why I asked. I had looked at the github wiki but didnt see anything about adding the ability to existing parts just creating new ones. Something I do not know where to start. Maybe some reading is in order lol.

Not a problem. As I said I have no clue how to do modeling so don't know how difficult it would be, hence why I asked. I had looked at the github wiki but didnt see anything about adding the ability to existing parts just creating new ones. Something I do not know where to start. Maybe some reading is in order lol.
Just a side note, B9's Mk2 cargo bays would make nice hangars. They are closed from sides where attachment nodes are.

If only I had time to finish the howto now. The conversion still requires some modelling skills though...

any chance of adding this to CKAN allista?

I doubt this is a good idea -- with beta status, anticipated bugs and all.

As soon as I release it as a stable and update on KerbalStuff, CKAN will catch up automatically.

I miss this mod, its one of the primary mods i used back in 0.90. Anything I can do to help just let me know.

It would be grate if you'll try out the new version and report back if you encounter any problems.

I can fix bugs, but I don't have the time to play KSP to test the mod.

Fairing Hanger

Love this device especially how you use the fairing as the item inside before launch therefore you can transfer crew and supplies to it beforehand. Gotta remember to deploy at least one remote tech antenna when I save my satellite design now but still a far better option then lugging a 600 part rocket to duna and getting all that lag. The hanger though can get a tad oversized but thats just probably because i havent used my imagination to fill it. No problems so far though it would be nice to have a normal hanger with the exact same mesh and design though perhaps a stripe or lights or something to identify it.

Spaceport

is it possible to get a right click menu on the hangers to dock with them? having to switch to the hanger to activate it can get laggy with the larger ships.

rastorprop doesnt load for the hangers.

The Advanced inflatable hanger doesnt seem to have the resource transfer or crew transfer option before launch. just played for an hour so didnt get everything looked at, though i love the engines you put in the mod they work fine.

Fairing Hanger

Love this device especially how you use the fairing as the item inside before launch therefore you can transfer crew and supplies to it beforehand. Gotta remember to deploy at least one remote tech antenna when I save my satellite design now but still a far better option then lugging a 600 part rocket to duna and getting all that lag. The hanger though can get a tad oversized but thats just probably because i havent used my imagination to fill it. No problems so far though it would be nice to have a normal hanger with the exact same mesh and design though perhaps a stripe or lights or something to identify it.

Spaceport

is it possible to get a right click menu on the hangers to dock with them? having to switch to the hanger to activate it can get laggy with the larger ships.

rastorprop doesnt load for the hangers.

The Advanced inflatable hanger doesnt seem to have the resource transfer or crew transfer option before launch. just played for an hour so didnt get everything looked at, though i love the engines you put in the mod they work fine.

1) I'm not quite sure about a hangar with the mesh of Fairing. Why?

2) noted

3) that's deliberate: you can't transfer crew or recources through a inflatable canvas tent.

the fairing hanger idea i fixed by simply using an actual hanger since i wanted to deploy 6 satellites but not all at once. Also might want to switch all of the mining harvesters and converters to ore instead of rock since it seems to be the flavor of all the mods with vanilla ksp using it now. Otherwise I've played a few hours now and you did a great job at getting these all up to date, little to no problems.

- - - Updated - - -

use the largest hanger for ground use and put 30 kerbals in it with aerial lights flashing all colors.... awesome rave kerbal style. kerbals start sorta dancing when you walk them into the large ground hanger and will get stuck. Easy fix just simply activate there eva mono pack and they will be able to move while dancing.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.