[b]Do you use the [u]Desaturated Texture Pack?[/u][/b]  

326 members have voted

1. 1. [b]Do you use the [u]Desaturated Texture Pack?[/u][/b]

• Yes, the grey textures are more stock-like
    • No, the green-orange textures are fine

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Stone Blue said:

zvergk, why do you think so?... Do you have inside information?

Well, for one, theres going to be a LOT of work to be done for 1.1 and at this point, with 1.1 entering QA (I think it did recently or is very soon), allista might as well wait.

1 hour ago, smjjames said:

Well, for one, theres going to be a LOT of work to be done for 1.1 and at this point, with 1.1 entering QA (I think it did recently or is very soon), allista might as well wait.

Granted... I understand that, and would expect that... I'm just wondering though, as this mod hasnt even really been officially released/updated since 0.90, so it hasnt even really made it past the LAST big upgrade, yet... And I'm NOT saying that it even NEEDS an update just because last was 0.90, and we're in 1.0.5, if it still works pretty much in 1.0.5...

Also, Allista just kind of disappeared as far as this mod goes... I know he's recently been on the forums, but its been over 6 months since he posted any word on THIS mod... (And, yes, I know 6months of silence does NOT make for a dead or abandoned mod...)... Just sayin, tho... :)

@allista Are you alive and well?... Just wondering if you had ANY news as to status of the mod... Even if there is NO news... Hope all is going good for you... :)

Edited by Stone Blue

5 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

zvergk, why do you think so?... Do you have inside information?

no i haven't inside information. just  feeling. but looking at the status of мilestone  on his github  he has a lot of job to release 1.1

Granted... I understand that, and would expect that... I'm just wondering though, as this mod hasnt even really been officially released/updated since 0.90, so it hasnt even really made it past the LAST big upgrade, yet... And I'm NOT saying that it even NEEDS an update just because last was 0.90, and we're in 1.0.5, if it still works pretty much in 1.0.5...

Also, Allista just kind of disappeared as far as this mod goes... I know he's recently been on the forums, but its been over 6 months since he posted any word on THIS mod... (And, yes, I know 6months of silence does NOT make for a dead or abandoned mod...)... Just sayin, tho... :)

@allista Are you alive and well?... Just wondering if you had ANY news as to status of the mod... Even if there is NO news... Hope all is going good for you... :)

@allista was at the forum last time 18 december 2015  about mod status welcome to his github
Edited by zvergk

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I miss this Mod in 1.0.5, it was making it so much easier to deliver things such as rovers.

There is some overlap with the large service modules in Lithobrake Exploration Technology., but larger service bays in general can't substitute for this. You srill have to have set up some sort of coupler/docking. The same with cargo bays.

Getting something, anything, like this in v1.1, will be a good thing. It doesn't have to be this specific mod. But the overall idea is a kerbalisation of a real problem. We don't really do the detailed engineering. We assemble high-tech black boxes

• 2 weeks later...

As this question, expectantly, raises more and more, I'll explain the current state of the project and future plans.

0. Currently the project is dead. I haven't touched the code after the KSP-1.0.2 patch. The Hangar has become big enough to demand full time attention, especially with the constantly changing API of the game. But I already have one full time work. To pay the bills, you know :wink:

1. KSP-1.0.* will not be supported. Both because I still don't have enough time for it and because the 1.1 is already almost superseded this version.

2. I plan to restart the development in summer, when things get quieter both on work and with KSP versions.

Until then - sorry. I would gladly make this hobby my work, but who'd let me? ;.;

Edited by allista

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Starting this week I begin to reanimate the Hangar

There's much to be done. Huge chunks of code are now obsolete or simply don't work anymore. And many things in new KSP I have yet to learn and understand.

But since the mod, as I understand, is completely dead right now, there's a way to speed things up somewhat. Specifically, if I drop most of the auxiliary parts I can spend more time on the code and less on part rebalancing and learning the inner workings of the new stock modules. Especially it concerns parts that have new stock analogs or may be replaced by parts from popular expansions.

So, what do you say: should I drop all the engines, electrical generators, air-brakes and the like?

1 hour ago, allista said:

Starting this week I begin to reanimate the Hangar

There's much to be done. Huge chunks of code are now obsolete or simply don't work anymore. And many things in new KSP I have yet to learn and understand.

But since the mod, as I understand, is completely dead right now, there's a way to speed things up somewhat. Specifically, if I drop most of the auxiliary parts I can spend more time on the code and less on part rebalancing and learning the inner workings of the new stock modules. Especially it concerns parts that have new stock analogs or may be replaced by parts from popular expansions.

So, what do you say: should I drop all the engines, electrical generators, air-brakes and the like?

Seeing as 1.1.3 is currently in experimentals, I would pick things less likely to get borked by the coming patch (i.e. wheels again).

I always shed a tear when parts die, but an even greater tear when an entire mod dies. I do think core functionality needs to come first. I think it's a fine idea to lean on stock modules, heavily if need be (no sense reinventing the wheel, no?). Leaning on other mods...maybe as an interim, or if there is a soft dependency (to another of your own for example or to something people always install anyways).

I say all this as an end user, and one who has never really used this mod (although I'll give it a download and poke around the configs in a few). I've just seen a lot of mods fall way behind and then stay behind instead of drop the dead weight (which can always be rebuilt/reacquired in new and better ways at a later date).

TLDR: If you feel dropping those parts are necessary to expedite the process, I say do it, with the proviso that an honest effort be given to finding/providing an analogue to them at a later date. Or not. :sticktongue: Just try to keep the really unique pieces if you can, or at least make downloads available to the old versions.

Cheers.

Edit:

Looking over the configs a bit...you've been busy! What I mean is there are custom modules for everything, almost no stock modules at all. It's of course your prerogative, but I would vote keep it a little closer to stock, if only for your own sanity. It also makes it a bit easier for the end user (namely myself:D) to customize the parts. Or in the present situation, even help out with the upgrade, which becomes more difficult - for example, the Airbrake. I thought to just model it after the stock Airbrake, thinking it used a similar module, but alas, it does not (and looking at the fields it seems to work completely differently).:(

Edited by Deimos Rast