[1.9-1.10] Hangar

allista

[b]Do you use the [u]Desaturated Texture Pack?[/u][/b]  

326 members have voted

1. 1. [b]Do you use the [u]Desaturated Texture Pack?[/u][/b]

• Yes, the grey textures are more stock-like
    • No, the green-orange textures are fine

@allista I've had a look at your source, especially the SingleUseGrappleNode. Im not very good at coding, but eventually would it be possible to do something like a node switch on fixing the hatch? To remove the grapple node completely and use a regular node / joint instead?

Just now, Haifi said:

@allista I've had a look at your source, especially the SingleUseGrappleNode. Im not very good at coding, but eventually would it be possible to do something like a node switch on fixing the hatch? To remove the grapple node completely and use a regular node / joint instead?

I'm not yet sure. I mean, most things are possible, given enough effort, but which solution is the best one?

I'm working on this (major in my opinion) problem, but this will take some time.

*FYI: SingleUseGrappleNode is just a make-up -- functionally it is the same old stock GrappleNode, which just disables its controls to prevent a user from releasing its target; that what makes it "permanent", nothing more. So, if the stock GrappleNode doesn't work long-term, we need a different approach altogether. First of all, I'll look at the KIS code...

21 minutes ago, Haifi said:

Sorry, I'm not trying to be pushy! Just trying to come up with Ideas that might help in finding a working solution, without the need of reinventing the wheel. :wink:

No-no, don't get me wrong, I don't feel that you're being pushy! :)

On the contrary, you interest and suggestions do help me. I just wanted to show that I too am concerned with this problem and consider it a priority :blush:

Edited by allista

13 hours ago, Esquire42 said:

No, although that's a lovely mod. There is (now was in my install) a MM patch for Hangers that added that functionality to stock cargo bays. It added the mod's "open bay doors" toggle to cargo bays (meant to be used when the cargo bay is used as a hanger) on top of the standard "open" tweakable. However, these two didn't always work well together: clicking open wouldn't open the doors, nor would clicking open bay doors. 

Look, I've tested this all and cannot reproduce it. I have only one part menu button to open/close things and it works alright in Editor and in Flight.

This could, in principle, be a mod conflict. Or a faulty installation.

Which particular cargo bay do you have trouble with?

On 1/10/2017 at 3:43 AM, drdeath said:

Oh, it's a loooooooong list... However, thanks to a little mod called Kaboom, I cut away all the exotic parts, so you should be able to make do with just Hangar and ART, which are probably the relevant ones anyways. You should get some unloadable ship messages when starting this up, that's OK. The relevant ones are the asteroids at about 1500000m above Kerbin. Here it is, just unzip it into your saves folder: https://filebin.net/xlssae4f6hd4k7z9

Thanks for your savegame!

Found the bug that was causing it. And fixed it. Wait for the release with the patch :cool:

11 hours ago, allista said:

What you describe must be a bug of some sort. The MM patch I use to install hangar functionality into stock cargo bays also removes the stock animation module, so there should be only one option to open/close the doors. I'll check the configs, maybe something has changed inside the stock parts recently. Meanwhile you can disable the patch (GameData/Hangar/MM/Squad.cfg) by simply changing its extension to anything other than .cfg (I would suggest using .cfg_, so that you always have the original extension visible). Or you can just remove it and wait for an update that fixes things.

*hm... I've just checked the configs and everything seems to be in order. Will investigate further.

I'd give you a log but my install is insanely modded, and sometimes not nicely either. It *could* be an issue with Tweakable Everything like linux suggested above... if I have time I'll run an install with just that and Hangar

EDIT: Saw your second post. The one I've noticed it with is the Mk3 cargo bay, because I've been playing around with rover deployment recently.

EDIT2: Welp, TweakableEverything isn't the culprit. I can give you a very messy log file while I look for another possible conflict.

Edited by Esquire42
testing

12 minutes ago, Esquire42 said:

I'd give you a log but my install is insanely modded, and sometimes not nicely either. It *could* be an issue with Tweakable Everything like linux suggested above... if I have time I'll run an install with just that and Hangar

EDIT: Saw your second post. The one I've noticed it with is the Mk3 cargo bay, because I've been playing around with rover deployment recently.

The output_log.txt (Player.log for Mac/Linux) would still be useful. 

On 1/7/2017 at 4:21 AM, allista said:

When you open the Hangar's UI window there should be a chooser for hangars existing on the ship. Right below storage info pane, above stored vessel chooser.

On 1/7/2017 at 10:27 AM, Jivaii said:

I tried that, but it'd auto swap back to the first hanger

On 1/7/2017 at 10:34 AM, allista said:

Maybe both hangars are just named the same? I'll check it out though.

On 1/7/2017 at 10:52 AM, Jivaii said:

I named them Hanger 1 and Hanger 2, so I don't know. I did manage to get my stuff up though. I don't recall seeing anything saying that the fairing hanger is a single vessel hanger though, I found that out by trying to load multiple of the same vessel in it.

On 1/7/2017 at 11:01 AM, allista said:

Ah, fairings! Yes, fairings is a single-vessel hangar (which is stated in the extended part-tooltip in Editor). You can only launch once from it, because its hull (the panels) is destroyed in the process. How would you like it if an empty space in front of your rocket would spit away ships? :confused:

As for Hangar-1/Hangar-2, have you managed to switch between them in flight, or have you found some workaround?

On 1/7/2017 at 11:04 AM, Jivaii said:

I did a workaround of launching another vessel. I was quite proud of that hanger vessel, using two radial hangers for storing ships. It could successfully get into orbit! I would love to get it working again, I'd send you the craft file, but I'm using maybe....5 different heavy mods for it.

I am also having this issue: I have a space station with two 2.5m Inline Hangers. The menu "knows" that both are present on the ship, but the arrows to cycle through them don't function.

fAGf6R4.png

Unfortunately, the first hanger (the only one I can access) is empty. I need to get to my escape pods :C

For now I can undock the ship-carrying hanger, making it the only one present on the vessel. Then it'll be available in the menu and I can access my pods.

If this weren't a drill, all my kerbals would be TOAST!

edit: upon opening the hanger, the escape pods were tested and found to be inescapably faulty.

Edited by revolioclockbergjr

9 hours ago, DStaal said:

Quick comment: The fairing hanger could really use an antenna built-in, so you can control it to launch...

Er... but it has one? :0.0:

Spoiler

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleCommand
        minimumCrew = 0
        RESOURCE
        {
            name=ElectricCharge
            rate = 0.03
        }
    }

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleKerbNetAccess
        MinimumFoV = 17
        MaximumFoV = 63
        AnomalyDetection = 0.12
        DISPLAY_MODES
        {
            Mode = Terrain
        }
    }

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleDataTransmitter
        antennaType = DIRECT
        packetInterval = 0.35
        packetSize = 2
        packetResourceCost = 12.0
        requiredResource = ElectricCharge
        DeployFxModules = 0
        antennaPower = 5000000
        antennaCombinable = True
    }

5 hours ago, revolioclockbergjr said:

I am also having this issue: I have a space station with two 2.5m Inline Hangers. The menu "knows" that both are present on the ship, but the arrows to cycle through them don't function.

fAGf6R4.png

Unfortunately, the first hanger (the only one I can access) is empty. I need to get to my escape pods :C

For now I can undock the ship-carrying hanger, making it the only one present on the vessel. Then it'll be available in the menu and I can access my pods.

If this weren't a drill, all my kerbals would be TOAST!

edit: upon opening the hanger, the escape pods were tested and found to be inescapably faulty.

Thank you for the report! I'm investigating this. Hopefully, I'll come up with the fix today and release the new version.

Edit: found it. Thanks!

Edited by allista

2 minutes ago, allista said:

Not yet, sorry. I'll compile something for you soon :cool:

Since ProceduralParts mod is almost dead, this module could become the next big thing! ♥ ♥ ♥

Edited by Enceos

6 hours ago, allista said:

Er... but it has one? :0.0:

Hide contents

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleCommand
        minimumCrew = 0
        RESOURCE
        {
            name=ElectricCharge
            rate = 0.03
        }
    }

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleKerbNetAccess
        MinimumFoV = 17
        MaximumFoV = 63
        AnomalyDetection = 0.12
        DISPLAY_MODES
        {
            Mode = Terrain
        }
    }

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleDataTransmitter
        antennaType = DIRECT
        packetInterval = 0.35
        packetSize = 2
        packetResourceCost = 12.0
        requiredResource = ElectricCharge
        DeployFxModules = 0
        antennaPower = 5000000
        antennaCombinable = True
    }

Ok...  Then I don't know what was going on with my ship.  (It crashed into the launchpad the moment the docking clamps were released without an antenna, I added a stock antenna and it launched easily.  I'd tried everything I could think of to activate the engine - but it wouldn't let me do it until I added an antenna.)

11 minutes ago, DStaal said:

Ok...  Then I don't know what was going on with my ship.  (It crashed into the launchpad the moment the docking clamps were released without an antenna, I added a stock antenna and it launched easily.  I'd tried everything I could think of to activate the engine - but it wouldn't let me do it until I added an antenna.)

Got it. Will check myself.

54 minutes ago, ICirceI said:

RemoteTech seems to be breaking the animations for Hangars after launch. They work fine in side the VAB. I removed all mods except Hangar and RemoteTech. Everything works fine once RemoteTech is removed.

That is totally strange!

Will investigate.

Thanks for the report!

2 hours ago, ICirceI said:

RemoteTech seems to be breaking the animations for Hangars after launch. They work fine in side the VAB. I removed all mods except Hangar and RemoteTech. Everything works fine once RemoteTech is removed.

Couldn't reproduce it. Which animations on which parts are broken? And could you share the logs?

@DStaal, checked several times: stock, with/out TCA, with/out RemoteTech. In all cases the simplest rocket >engine:winglets:fuel-tank:fairings[with satellite) works and achieves orbit (boy, I can still do it manually :0.0:).

Edited by allista

Hangar v3.2.1.3 for KSP 1.2.2 (2017.01.15)

ChangeLog:

Spoiler
  • Dropped RemoteTech and AntennaRange patches.
  • Added GroundWorkshop module with 100% efficiency to the Big Ground Hangar (for Ground Construction mod).
  • Fixed the NaN storage size in Asteroid Hatch caused by creation of a resource tank taking 100% of the volume.
  • Fixed hangar switching for ships with multiple hangars.
  • Fixed several NREs.