[1.9-1.10] Hangar

allista

[b]Do you use the [u]Desaturated Texture Pack?[/u][/b]  

326 members have voted

1. 1. [b]Do you use the [u]Desaturated Texture Pack?[/u][/b]

• Yes, the grey textures are more stock-like
    • No, the green-orange textures are fine

27 minutes ago, Jackaroo0505 said:

Hey, what mod is the radial engines attached to the Mk3 fuel tanks from that video? I don't believe it is this mod but I am seeing it everywhere coming from this mod. Help please?

They were from this mod. Unfortunately, I had to drop them (and many other auxiliary parts) to be able to focus on primary content.

I am having a problem, hopefully these instructions make it reproducible.

- using a rover lander. store a craft inside it.

- run a mission; realize craft in rover lander needs tweaking. 

- tweak the craft; save it with the same name.

- edit contents of rover lander. Clear contents. Try to add craft. Nothing happens. No message, no craft, nothing.

- in console: "Exception: ArgumentException: An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary"

Other crafts load fine. Crafts that are too big produce an error message. It seems that something is not quite properly cleaned up when clearing the hangar contents? 

edit: also, right before the exception in the console is:

[KSPUpgradePipeline]: CraftName (1.2.2) is up to date.

Edited by drhay53

10 hours ago, Jackaroo0505 said:

Hey, what mod is the radial engines attached to the Mk3 fuel tanks from that video? I don't believe it is this mod but I am seeing it everywhere coming from this mod. Help please?

Not sure what video but its possibly the Radial SABRE engines that @allista said he might resurrect for me lol

On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 1:51 PM, Jackaroo0505 said:

Thank you so much. Will do now!

It Worked! Sorry for the late response, I'm sick and not really able to keep up due to the need for me to lay down instead of sitting to be easy on my heart. For some reason, I have a weak immune system. Thank you so very much! P.S. Is it okay if I can post the link to that dropbox file to the KSP Discord Channel?

On 3/28/2017 at 7:01 AM, stali79 said:

Not sure what video but its possibly the Radial SABRE engines that @allista said he might resurrect for me lol

It's not. It's the heavy radial rocket engine which needed no resurrection. If you want to play with part config and tune the dual-engine setup of the SABER, I can also provide you with the files. Otherwise, I do remember my promise, but I also have had no time for KSP for a while now :(

16 hours ago, Jackaroo0505 said:

It Worked! Sorry for the late response, I'm sick and not really able to keep up due to the need for me to lay down instead of sitting to be easy on my heart. For some reason, I have a weak immune system. Thank you so very much! P.S. Is it okay if I can post the link to that dropbox file to the KSP Discord Channel?

Perfect! :) No objections to repost, I won't remove the file until I will have time to make a decent package with those parts. Which is, alas, will not be soon.

Do get well!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I must be missing something somewhere because I cannot get a rover to exit the ground hanger properly. It explodes every time. I see the direction indicators but there doesn't seem to be a way to change them. Hanger indicates my rover nose is down and the top is forward, hence the explosions on launch. How do you change the directions of a vessel so it can be launched properly?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/2/2017 at 9:13 PM, Toonu said:

Does anyone know why it says: 

Insufficient vessel clearance for safe docking?

Can't find it in documentation...

It says in editor when trying put small plane into a hangar with 56x150m area...

@allista or @0111narwhalz?

Which hangar, and what plane? Could you make a screenshot of both? Does the hangar have strict launch positioning?

Hangar v3.3.1.1 for KSP 1.3 (2017.06.05)

Almost no changes except for several small fixes and compatibility changes for KSP-1.3.

9 hours ago, allista said:

Which hangar, and what plane? Could you make a screenshot of both? Does the hangar have strict launch positioning?

Hangar v3.3.1.1 for KSP 1.3 (2017.06.05)

Almost no changes except for several small fixes and compatibility changes for KSP-1.3.

Of course I can :)

Hangar from large ship parts, carrier hull (50x160m) and biplane from firespitter - here's the pics

I found only not VAB pictures, I hope that is enought. The hangar part is the middle one, with different colour. The biplane is...biplane...10mx7mx3m

I will edit post soon and add better pictures, just can't launch game now...hangar has this config in the mod folder: ADDED

@PART[CarrierStorageHangarHull]:NEEDS[Hangar]
{
            MODULE 
    {
        name = Hangar
        EnergyConsumption = 1.6
        //AnimatorID = Hangar
        Trigger = trigger_hangar
    }
    MODULE
    {
        name = HangarStorage
        HangarSpace = hangar_space
        SpawnTransform = launch_position//launch_positionC//launch_positionB//launch_position
        SpawnOffset = 0,1,-1
    }

Edited by Toonu

6 hours ago, Toonu said:

I found only not VAB pictures, I hope that is enough. The hangar part is the middle one, with different colour. The biplane is...biplane...10mx7mx3m

I will edit post soon and add better pictures, just can't launch game now...hangar has this config in the mod folder: ADDED

Hide contents

@PART[CarrierStorageHangarHull]:NEEDS[Hangar]
{
            MODULE 
    {
        name = Hangar
        EnergyConsumption = 1.6
        //AnimatorID = Hangar
        Trigger = trigger_hangar
    }
    MODULE
    {
        name = HangarStorage
        HangarSpace = hangar_space
        SpawnTransform = launch_position//launch_positionC//launch_positionB//launch_position
        SpawnOffset = 0,1,-1
    }

I would guess the problem is the incorrect orientation of the SpawnTransform in the model. This configuration for HangarStorage uses strict positioning, so the plane would be oriented along launch_position transform and, if its orientation is wrong, will end up looking upward/downward: 10m against 7.43m of hangar's height.

To confirm it I need to see the model (either .mu or the source model).

52 minutes ago, allista said:

I would guess the problem is the incorrect orientation of the SpawnTransform in the model. This configuration for HangarStorage uses strict positioning, so the plane would be oriented along launch_position transform and, if its orientation is wrong, will end up looking upward/downward: 10m against 7.43m of hangar's height.

To confirm it I need to see the model (either .mu or the source model).

You can see it there I guess...

or directly ask the author.... :)

Couldn't find source Git though...

40 minutes ago, Toonu said:

You can see it there I guess...

or directly ask the author.... :)

Couldn't find source Git though...

Yep, here it is. The first is the launch_position of the CarrierStorageHangarHull. Notice the color of the arrows: blue is Z, which is a ship's "belly" in KSP; green is Y, which is the "nose":

vVEidO6.png?1

And to the right is the Hangar2 part for comparison:

d5fkzRB.png?1

@SpannerMonkey(smce), please, read the above and check if I'm correct?

@allista Everything in LBP that is hangar related is pretty much broken, and always has been,  I spent a fair amount of time on it last autumn but since I've been busy with other projects that actually yield more than frustration.

It is due a revisit as I know it can work, as proved with your test part. iirc one of the hull parts has a slightly scaled version of the test module and that failed as well. 

But no matter, anyone who read the thread would know that hangar support is  only partly if at all operational  (and it's not declared as having hangar support ) , Once I've cleared the decks I can take another go at it

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)

12 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

@allista Everything in LBP that is hangar related is pretty much broken, and always has been,  I spent a fair amount of time on it last autumn but since I've been busy with other projects that actually yield more than frustration.

It is due a revisit as I know it can work, as proved with your test part. iirc one of the hull parts has a slightly scaled version of the test module and that failed as well. 

But no matter, anyone who read the thread would know that hangar support is  only partly if at all operational  (and it's not declared as having hangar support ) , Once I've cleared the decks I can take another go at it

Ok, got it. I will place hangar part from this mod inside the hull. :) Thank you both for efforts guys. :wink:

14 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

If you want, I could look at the models intended for hangar capabilities and fix them (especially if they're in blender).

8 hours ago, allista said:

I could look at the models intended for hangar capabilities

Hi, that is part of the problem really as they were never intended to work with hangar, it's all retro fit ,  so there are a good few compromises that have to be made along the way,   Thanks  for the offer, however  it s something i need to work out for myself as  I have a good few ideas that would need a hangar cell in order to work.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having an issue with the universal stack adapter. I just discovered it, it's fantastic. I am seeing this however:

On the left, the way I built it. On the right, after saving and loading the ship. It's easily fixable by removing the tank, moving it back down, and reattaching. Seems that it just ignores the adapter on load and connects to the engine above. This is on 1.3, and I have a lot of other parts mods so I suspect some kind of conflict. No biggie, just an FYI. Thanks!

Edited by slackitude

6 minutes ago, slackitude said:

I'm having an issue with the universal stack adapter. I just discovered it, it's fantastic. I am seeing this however:

On the left, the way I built it. On the right, after saving and loading the ship. It's easily fixable by removing the tank, moving it back down, and reattaching. Seems that it just ignores the adapter on load and connects to the engine above. This is on 1.3, and I have a lot of other parts mods so I suspect some kind of conflict. No biggie, just an FYI. Thanks!

Thanks for the report. I'll check it out.

And you've probably mixed up the links.

No, the link is alright and I see the pictures. This seems like the adapter just shrank completely... O_O

Edited by allista