[1.9-1.10] Hangar

allista

[b]Do you use the [u]Desaturated Texture Pack?[/u][/b]  

326 members have voted

1. 1. [b]Do you use the [u]Desaturated Texture Pack?[/u][/b]

• Yes, the grey textures are more stock-like
    • No, the green-orange textures are fine

So as not to drive you crazy: I set up a fresh KSP 1.3 install with only Hangar and its dependencies installed, plus Tweakscale. I think Tweakscale is contributing to the issue. If I don't use the 1.25 fuel tank scaled to 2.5, the problem doesn't occur.

Here's a craft file that I reproduced the issue with. Thanks for taking a look at it. 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_d_PnHDnLkhSWk1NGZWOGZlSlU

What's the resource conversion chain for asteroid mining when installed alongside MKS/OKS? Just Ore->Metal->Tank using the Mobile Smelter or am i missing something?

Planning an asteroid miner and trying to figure out what resource tanks/converters it requires.

1 hour ago, Esendis said:

What's the resource conversion chain for asteroid mining when installed alongside MKS/OKS? Just Ore->Metal->Tank using the Mobile Smelter or am i missing something?

Planning an asteroid miner and trying to figure out what resource tanks/converters it requires.

Almost:

Ore->Metals->Tank.

Metal (singular form) is on used by Extraplanetary Launchpads, while Metals are included in CRP and used by Hangar, USI suit and others.

Version 3.3.2 for Kerbal Space Program 1.3.0

Released on 2017-06-21

• Added Box Fairings part for easier payload delivery onto the surface of planets.
  • Added displaying of stored vessel's convex hull, when storage editor is shown.
  • Hangar window is now shown after 3s after a level is loaded.

Download 

very cool updates @allista!

I wonder if you found time to fix the grapple issue yet or if that has been sorted properly already and I just missed that.

Regards

Note: I haven't had time yet to check out KSP 1.3 but figured all my fav mod's might need time to update :)

Edited by LatiMacciato

Trying to figure out if im doing something wrong/not understanding something/gremlins/all of them.

Got the asteroid factory to the asteroid, docked, started drilling - so far so good.

"Hey, why not use the structural grapple device and attach an mks station to the asteroid!!!"

Plan failed ;.;

The grapple will not attach to the asteroid at all. Am i supposed to undock the factory first (just a thought-don't know if it matters) and try again or is it a known limitation/bug?

3 hours ago, Esendis said:

Trying to figure out if im doing something wrong/not understanding something/gremlins/all of them.

Got the asteroid factory to the asteroid, docked, started drilling - so far so good.

"Hey, why not use the structural grapple device and attach an mks station to the asteroid!!!"

Plan failed ;.;

The grapple will not attach to the asteroid at all. Am i supposed to undock the factory first (just a thought-don't know if it matters) and try again or is it a known limitation/bug?

Should work by itself. You did arm it, right?

2 hours ago, allista said:

I assume by your answer that this issue I posted about is solved already. Don't wanna be a bugger, but just makin sure and asking before diving into another attempt to play KSP frustrated, ty :)

5 hours ago, LatiMacciato said:

I assume by your answer that this issue I posted about is solved already. Don't wanna be a bugger, but just makin sure and asking before diving into another attempt to play KSP frustrated, ty :)

Honestly, I don't know. The last try to fix your problem was published two versions ago, prior to KSP-1.3; I've tested and retested it, it worked for me. But for you it still, incomprehensibly, did not. Then I stopped developing for KSP for two months, then 1.3 came out and I had to change some things, then the last release.

The only thing I can suggest now is to test it again and see.

1 hour ago, allista said:

Honestly, I don't know. The last try to fix your problem was published two versions ago, prior to KSP-1.3; I've tested and retested it, it worked for me. But for you it still, incomprehensibly, did not. Then I stopped developing for KSP for two months, then 1.3 came out and I had to change some things, then the last release.

The only thing I can suggest now is to test it again and see.

I'll report back when I found time to test out.

Ty :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/25/2017 at 2:47 AM, allista said:

Figured it out successfully. I didn't realize initially that the structural grapple device has a much narrower angle of attack than the claw.

But all is not well ;.;. The asteroid hatch has a mind of its own and randomly detaches from the asteroid. I can't figure out if there is pattern. One moment im closing in on the asteroid with a supply ship and the next a sudden jerk and it comes loose. I've had the same behavior while switching between vessels near the asteroid (<250m) Maybe there is a weight/stress limit on the hatch itself? asteroid factory+isru+nuclear reactor (usi)+ 1 configurable tank currently sit on top of it.

Even tried to reinforce it with some portable struts but the darn thing broke away as soon as i attached the first strut...

Update: Fixed it :cool:. Removed everything attached to the factory, removed the structural grapple device and attached anything i wanted on the asteroid directly with kas/usi. (attachment point+construction port). Haven't had a detachment again :D. I'm guessing the structural grapple device was the culprit, not the extra weight on the factory.

Edited by Esendis

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not seeing the interface for loading ships into the hangars at all.  I can load the hangers into the VAB, resize them etc, but not load ships into them.  This with the latest Hanger and latest AT_Utils and ConfigurableContainers.  (Notably: Not the versions shipped with Hangar, though I haven't tested those.  Newer ones.)  Still happens on a clean install, with nothing else.

Here's a log: http://magehandbook.com/KSP/Hangar.KSP.log

• 3 weeks later...

Hiya! I definitely like using the Hangar parts, although I'm also interested in just keeping the existing stock Mk3 and Mk2 cargo bay parts without the added one-time use Hangar functionality (part of it is because it seems the "Open cargo doors" and "Open gates" toggles conflict a lot, requiring me to toggle between both of them to open and close cargo bays. Also, they launch from the SPH (where I tested them) doors open, even if I shut them (as in both "Close doors" and "Close gates) prior to launching) (have not tested from VAB--would you need logs for this?). Or to toggle the part between Hangar and no-Hangar functionality.

But to return to the original point, is there a way to keep the stock cargo bays stock while using Hangar (either a patch config to delete, or to install)? (Although, if I may suggest, either toggling the availability of the function in the editor or having separate stock-function and Hangar-enabled stock cargo bays in a future update?)

Thanks in advance for any reply!

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/20/2015 at 6:15 PM, Darkgamer504 said:

I would love to use your mod but im having a problem

The icon does not show up on the tool bar anywhere. I tryed to install a toolbar mod and i does not show in the "configure visible button" I do not have a context menu on the part to edit content either

When i launch KSP, i go no message from error or anything and i see the part of your mod into my VAB, i can lunch them but still no option to add/edit new space thing in it

Is there a file somewhere i could edit to tell him to make the button somewhere or idk what to do

EDIT : Nvm what i just said, after so much problem and searching for it for about 2h, i fnially clicked on the version thing to see that i had 2.3.1 and it was for 0.90. Check your version if you ever have this problem XD

What did you check the version on? Because I am having the same problem and I don't understand what you mean?

EDIT : I know what he means now I did not have the latest version of HANGAR. I though he meant the game XD

Edited by MrBlob

RoveMate rover body doesn't work with the Lander Hangar. The rover is always stored face down and can't deploy properly. The hangar seems to be confused about what is the bottom and what is the front. It would be really helpful if we had the option to change what direction a ship/rover is facing within the hangar.

6 hours ago, silverarm said:

RoveMate rover body doesn't work with the Lander Hangar. The rover is always stored face down and can't deploy properly. The hangar seems to be confused about what is the bottom and what is the front. It would be really helpful if we had the option to change what direction a ship/rover is facing within the hangar.

A known problem caused by incorrect orientation of the model of that body. Simple workaround is to add a probe were the front should be and re-root at it (press 4, then click the body, then the core, if I remember correctly).

And you can always see how the content is oriented when editing hangar's content (see the video I've posted with the last release).

Orientation switching, on the other hand, while it can be implemented, is a difficult design problem: launch orientation is a property of the hangar, but a hangar, generally, can hold several ships, so you need to decide, how to launch each, when it is stored; you also need some meaningful way to display the ship during switches, and a way to choose between the six possible orientations, preferably without testing each in turn.

23 minutes ago, allista said:

A known problem caused by incorrect orientation of the model of that body. Simple workaround is to add a probe were the front should be and re-root at it (press 4, then click the body, then the core, if I remember correctly).

And you can always see how the content is oriented when editing hangar's content (see the video I've posted with the last release).

Orientation switching, on the other hand, while it can be implemented, is a difficult design problem: launch orientation is a property of the hangar, but a hangar, generally, can hold several ships, so you need to decide, how to launch each, when it is stored; you also need some meaningful way to display the ship during switches, and a way to choose between the six possible orientations, preferably without testing each in turn.

Better than nothing. I'll give that a shot, thanks.

While I would love to have orientation switching options, that does sound like a hell of a lot of work. I guess put it down as a "nice to have" request for someday down the line? I'm liking what I've seen of the rest of the mod so far.

On 8/12/2017 at 0:56 AM, B-STRK said:

Hiya! I definitely like using the Hangar parts, although I'm also interested in just keeping the existing stock Mk3 and Mk2 cargo bay parts without the added one-time use Hangar functionality (part of it is because it seems the "Open cargo doors" and "Open gates" toggles conflict a lot, requiring me to toggle between both of them to open and close cargo bays. Also, they launch from the SPH (where I tested them) doors open, even if I shut them (as in both "Close doors" and "Close gates) prior to launching) (have not tested from VAB--would you need logs for this?). Or to toggle the part between Hangar and no-Hangar functionality.

But to return to the original point, is there a way to keep the stock cargo bays stock while using Hangar (either a patch config to delete, or to install)? (Although, if I may suggest, either toggling the availability of the function in the editor or having separate stock-function and Hangar-enabled stock cargo bays in a future update?)

Thanks in advance for any reply!

I'm getting this as well, The "open" "close" dialog appears after you click "Open gates" which toggles the bay open, but then "close gates" doesn't close it, you have to hit "Open" then "close" or just "close" if it's already got that. They still deploy open on the pad/runway no matter what state they were in in the SPH/VAB. This mod is really a godsend for bases, keep up the good work!

2 hours ago, oniontrain said:

I'm getting this as well, The "open" "close" dialog appears after you click "Open gates" which toggles the bay open, but then "close gates" doesn't close it, you have to hit "Open" then "close" or just "close" if it's already got that. They still deploy open on the pad/runway no matter what state they were in in the SPH/VAB. This mod is really a godsend for bases, keep up the good work!

@B-STRK, so this issue had returned again :/

It's that IScalarModule framework that messes things up, but I honestly thought I've fixed it.

Will try to figure it out yet again...

To temporarily disabled have conversions of the stock bays, delete this patch:

https://github.com/allista/hangar/blob/master/GameData/Hangar/MM/Squad.cfg

On 7/21/2017 at 5:35 PM, DStaal said:

I'm not seeing the interface for loading ships into the hangars at all.  I can load the hangers into the VAB, resize them etc, but not load ships into them.  This with the latest Hanger and latest AT_Utils and ConfigurableContainers.  (Notably: Not the versions shipped with Hangar, though I haven't tested those.  Newer ones.)  Still happens on a clean install, with nothing else.

Here's a log: http://magehandbook.com/KSP/Hangar.KSP.log

Sorry for late response. You're missing MultiAnimators.dll from AT_Utils. This dll is included into hangar's distribution and into the full AT_Utils distribution, but not into other mods (as they don't use it). I'm not sure it's a good design; I just try not to bloat the game with unnecessary code.

Spoiler

[ERR 10:30:50.070] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: 002_MultiAnimators, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

[ERR 10:30:50.071] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: 002_MultiAnimators, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

[ERR 10:30:50.074] AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'Hangar': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

On 7/9/2017 at 5:47 PM, Esendis said:

Figured it out successfully. I didn't realize initially that the structural grapple device has a much narrower angle of attack than the claw.

But all is not well ;.;. The asteroid hatch has a mind of its own and randomly detaches from the asteroid. I can't figure out if there is pattern. One moment im closing in on the asteroid with a supply ship and the next a sudden jerk and it comes loose. I've had the same behavior while switching between vessels near the asteroid (<250m) Maybe there is a weight/stress limit on the hatch itself? asteroid factory+isru+nuclear reactor (usi)+ 1 configurable tank currently sit on top of it.

Even tried to reinforce it with some portable struts but the darn thing broke away as soon as i attached the first strut...

Update: Fixed it :cool:. Removed everything attached to the factory, removed the structural grapple device and attached anything i wanted on the asteroid directly with kas/usi. (attachment point+construction port). Haven't had a detachment again :D. I'm guessing the structural grapple device was the culprit, not the extra weight on the factory.

Thanks for through description. I'll try to reproduce and fix it.

5 hours ago, allista said:

Sorry for late response. You're missing MultiAnimators.dll from AT_Utils. This dll is included into hangar's distribution and into the full AT_Utils distribution, but not into other mods (as they don't use it). I'm not sure it's a good design; I just try not to bloat the game with unnecessary code.

Ah, thanks.  That makes sense: I have all of your mods (as well as MKS), and tend to do a replace-if-newer on the full folder when I update.

Personally, I'd say either move that .dll into Hanger's folder or always include it in AT_Utils, so that it would be a bit more predictable.

I has a smaller minor "bug" (not quite an issue tho!)

I guess an asteroid is not supposed to have two hatches. At least what happens is if you have the Asteroid Hatch and the Structural Grapple Device both fixed, go somewhere else (KSC or anywhere else) then going back to that experiment the asteroid starts wobbling and finally break apart (the Asteroid Hatch went off first). I assume somewhere on the line the physics are just partying hard then :D

.. so an easy advice: 1 hatch per asteroid might be safe

oh and one more thing: I love how i just need about 1 part of so many different resources!!
Really enjoying KSP again!

ty @allista !!!

EDIT: I forgot to make a request ..
mind I ask, would it be possible and/or is this fitting your idea of Hangar to store Snacks/Soil (waste product if it is activated through options config)?

Edited by LatiMacciato
grrr silly me

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.