[b]Do you use the [u]Desaturated Texture Pack?[/u][/b]  

326 members have voted

1. 1. [b]Do you use the [u]Desaturated Texture Pack?[/u][/b]

• Yes, the grey textures are more stock-like
    • No, the green-orange textures are fine

17 minutes ago, whale_2 said:

Since 1.4 KSP has moved to Unity 2017 

https://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/1.4

Good! I was searching for that info to get the correct development player build :cool:

EDIT: no good ;.; There's no unity4linux installer for that particular version. Only 2017.1.2f1, and then 2017.2... So no debugging and profiling for me :/

Edited by allista

47 minutes ago, allista said:

EDIT: no good ;.; There's no unity4linux installer for that particular version. Only 2017.1.2f1, and then 2017.2... So no debugging and profiling for me :/

Wait, what? Profiling? Can one profile with the unity environment? Could I analyze my modded install regarding which mods/function calls take how much time each frame with the Unity tools?

15 minutes ago, Jebs_SY said:

Wait, what? Profiling? Can one profile with the unity environment? Could I analyze my modded install regarding which mods/function calls take how much time each frame with the Unity tools?

You can't get that much info out of non-debug .dlls of your mods; but you can use the unity's profiling engine as usual. For that you only need to get the debug-build unity player for your OS that matches exactly the version of unity that was used to build your KSP_x88(_64), and replace the executable (backuping the original, of course) with it. The from unity editor you can open profiling window and attach to the KSP instance launched with that player. You can even do the real debugging with breakpoints, steps and all, provided you have the code, debug .dlls and .pdbs :wink:

It seems like an asteroid's max volume is determined only by how much the mining factory harvests and not the actual size of the asteroid itself.  i.e.  If a stock craft mines the resources out of an asteroid while capturing it, it reduces the potential volume for containers and hangars.  If mined dry by stock drills, the mining factory won't function at all and the asteroid hatch will stay at zero volume.  Is this a bug?  Shouldn't the asteroid have the same potential volume whether or not it's been previously mined out?

Introducing the Feature Wishlist for all my mods.

>>> Feature Wishlist (for all mods) <<<

Rules are simple:

1. Open the spreadsheet,
  2. At the bottom find the tab of a mod,
  3. Look through requested features,
    1. if there's no feature corresponding to your wish, add a record and set the votes to 1
    2. if there is a feature that suits your, vote for it, increasing the number by 1 (please, no cheating, all changes are recorded)
  4. At some point I'll look at the lest and try my best to estimate the work cost of the features and comment on the ones I don't like for some reason.
  5. Then I prioritize them as votes/cost and will use as a guide in the development.

EDIT: to all who use the wishlist, It's very important to describe the feature in detail, otherwise I won't be able to handle it

Edited by allista

On 4/8/2018 at 9:13 PM, Deckard said:

It seems like an asteroid's max volume is determined only by how much the mining factory harvests and not the actual size of the asteroid itself.  i.e.  If a stock craft mines the resources out of an asteroid while capturing it, it reduces the potential volume for containers and hangars.  If mined dry by stock drills, the mining factory won't function at all and the asteroid hatch will stay at zero volume.  Is this a bug?  Shouldn't the asteroid have the same potential volume whether or not it's been previously mined out?

That is not a bug, but a role-playing element.

What the mining factory "does" is not only mine resources, but also scrap all the slag and expand the inner space of a mine in a consistent manner, so that its cavity could be used afterwards for dock construction.

On the other hand, what stock drills do is they make long thin holes in the asteroid, making it into pumice -- porous, light and fragile; in other words unsuitable for construction needs.

1 hour ago, allista said:

Introducing the Feature Wishlist for all my mods.

Not really a feature wish, but the idea stuck to my mind and maybe this is a good place to share.

Many players have dozens of ships and probes, bases everywhere and so on and as a result a huge save file. On the other hand, not every game session means you visit all of your ships. What if we make lazy loading of vessels - i.e. the whole vessel structure is replaced with single node which when loaded into the current scene, triggers subsequent loading of real vessel config from a separate file? On game save event it goes in the opposite direction, the vessel is saved into separate file and placeholder is written into main file. This should reduce loading time and may reduce memory footprint, as every time you load a game, even from a quicksave slot, the whole file should be parsed and stored in RAM. 

This approach of course has some drawbacks, like the game save would no longer be transferable into a game without such trick (tough converter would be really easy thing to make) and it has more moving parts so maybe more chances to break the save (or spare some ships, but keep the save). Another tricky part would be that this placeholder node (probably a fictive part) should aggregate all resources, antennas, crew and similar things, so off-rail behavior doesn't change. Still can shrink the save file ten-fold, I guess.
If not two other unfinished mods, I'd take chances on this myself, but if you ask for feature wishes, maybe you would consider this as well.

14 hours ago, whale_2 said:

Not really a feature wish, but the idea stuck to my mind and maybe this is a good place to share.

Many players have dozens of ships and probes, bases everywhere and so on and as a result a huge save file. On the other hand, not every game session means you visit all of your ships. What if we make lazy loading of vessels - i.e. the whole vessel structure is replaced with single node which when loaded into the current scene, triggers subsequent loading of real vessel config from a separate file? On game save event it goes in the opposite direction, the vessel is saved into separate file and placeholder is written into main file. This should reduce loading time and may reduce memory footprint, as every time you load a game, even from a quicksave slot, the whole file should be parsed and stored in RAM. 

This approach of course has some drawbacks, like the game save would no longer be transferable into a game without such trick (tough converter would be really easy thing to make) and it has more moving parts so maybe more chances to break the save (or spare some ships, but keep the save). Another tricky part would be that this placeholder node (probably a fictive part) should aggregate all resources, antennas, crew and similar things, so off-rail behavior doesn't change. Still can shrink the save file ten-fold, I guess.
If not two other unfinished mods, I'd take chances on this myself, but if you ask for feature wishes, maybe you would consider this as well.

I'm afraid current KSP architecture simply won't allow it. If you look at KSP code in the part where a savegame is loaded and started in detail, you'll see why.

The lazy loading could only be implemented in KSP itself, and that would require considerable effort.

• 2 weeks later...

eWMUSR4.pngFirst of all great mod, really enjoyed setting up my first asteroid base.

seem to be having some difficulty with the asteroid hangar though, when first docked to the roid it works fine, but when reloading it from space centre all i'm able to see once clicked on the toolbar hangar button is vessel info, as if there is no hangar.

this seems to clear when i undock from the roid and redock, then any saved vessels show back up and the full hangar menu appears.

at this point it operates normally until i go back to the space centre/leave game.

originally i thought this may have been due to having two hatches on my asteroid, so i reloaded old saves and went back to just one, but the problem persists.

i do have quite a few mods running & have been using ckan for the installs. i've been through the mod list and nothing i have installed is listed as bad.

i do have two docking ports attached to each side of the asteroid hangar gateway plus some USI cupolas & an attached reactor, could this be causing issues?

i'm using toolbar & toolbar controller with the most recent versions.

i've tried reinstalling your mod, but this doesn't seem to help.

is this a problem you've encountered before & if so what was the fix/conflict?

Edited by chilli beef

@allistaalso took advantage of the wish list you've set up to add a request in.

i know you've already put a lot of work into USi/MKS integration so hate to look a gift horse in the mouth, but had a couple of ideas:

to keep the mods target of reducing load & parts count i thought adding in a recycler & habitation module to the USI LS patch would be really helpful. this would reduce the need for additional hab parts to make the station viable.  Obviously this would be balanced out by the need for high amounts of Electric charge to run these - maybe 50 ec/s to run the recycler & hab (each) - that way you need a reactor or similar to satisfy power demands.

also on the subject of reactors, i did think that adding in a patch for USI's or NFE's reactors would be ideal for this part. perhaps even an inbuilt radiator module. the OP nature of reactor power generation offset by the sheer cost of enriched uranium. again this would reduce the number of additional parts required to run a space station.

both of these could be applied in fairly simple patches and would be applicable to each of the habitable ground hangar, large orbital hangar (i forget the name sorry) & asteroid gateway.

adding in these functions could really reduce parts count by a ton (recycler, hab, reactor, several radiators, plus radial attachment points etc).

one thing i did think as potentially these patches could also increase cost along with the increased functionality, but not sure if a patch can vary the unit cost, besides the additional resource cost added by adding extra tanks (enriched uranium for example)? 

i know this is something that users can patch in easily, so i'll probably add in to my personal mod pack, but thought it would be a good addition for minimal extra work.

On 4/23/2018 at 3:24 PM, chilli beef said:

First of all great mod, really enjoyed setting up my first asteroid base.

seem to be having some difficulty with the asteroid hangar though, when first docked to the roid it works fine, but when reloading it from space centre all i'm able to see once clicked on the toolbar hangar button is vessel info, as if there is no hangar.

this seems to clear when i undock from the roid and redock, then any saved vessels show back up and the full hangar menu appears.

at this point it operates normally until i go back to the space centre/leave game.

originally i thought this may have been due to having two hatches on my asteroid, so i reloaded old saves and went back to just one, but the problem persists.

i do have quite a few mods running & have been using ckan for the installs. i've been through the mod list and nothing i have installed is listed as bad.

i do have two docking ports attached to each side of the asteroid hangar gateway plus some USI cupolas & an attached reactor, could this be causing issues?

i'm using toolbar & toolbar controller with the most recent versions.

i've tried reinstalling your mod, but this doesn't seem to help.

is this a problem you've encountered before & if so what was the fix/conflict?

Thanks for the report, I'll try to reproduce it on my side.

BTW, do you use KSP-1.4.2 or 1.4.1? There were no release for the former yet.

Edited by allista

4 hours ago, allista said:

Thanks for the report, I'll try to reproduce it on my side.

BTW, do you use KSP-1.4.2 or 1.4.1? There were no release for the former yet.

1.4.2, unfortunately ksp just decided to update itself to 1.4.3 so i may have to back track it a bit.

i did try removing all mods on a copy of my install, then reinstalling only at utils, mechjeb & hangar, still seemed the same. each time i loaded the roid & hangar the null ref exception showed up & only vessel info showed, then when i undocked & redocked the hangar showed as it should. aside from that the ground hangars, orbital hangar & fairing style hangar worked fine.

HELP I AM HAVING A PROBLEM THE HANGAR TAB and with the faction and with manufacturer filter tab they won't appear and they appear only COMMAND PODS from faction tab only how to fix that ??! I recently added deep space exploration and interplanetary launch pads before this bug occurs

@allista Could it be that I should not put a self-propellant vessel with tanks and engines using hydrolox inside a hangar fairing?

The tanks got radiators, but something else was borked - the tanks only got 20% LH2 left as I deployed the vessel from the hangar fairing - about 10 minutes after launch.
(The stages before didn't use LH2)

So I wonder if LH2 tanks are the culprit?

If only probes with RCS are allowed then the purpose of the hangar fairing is getting smaller for me.

@allista here is the full log and the 2 craft files (the full vessel and the vessel I placed inside the hangar fairing alone):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xit3tu9m32cadbj/2018-05-02_1 KSP.log.7z?dl=1

Edited by Gordon Dry

• 2 weeks later...

@allista Hangar 3.3.4.1:

Non platform assembly: D:\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Hangar\Plugins\Hangar.dll (this message is harmless)
ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: 002_MultiAnimators, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: 002_MultiAnimators, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'Hangar': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Additional information about this exception:

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'AtHangar.HangarMachinery' from assembly 'Hangar, Version=3.3.4.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'AtHangar.HangarWindow' from assembly 'Hangar, Version=3.3.4.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'AtHangar.SingleUseGrappleNode' from assembly 'Hangar, Version=3.3.4.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly '002_MultiAnimators, Version=1.1.0.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.
File name: '002_MultiAnimators, Version=1.1.0.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'AtHangar.HangarGenericInflatable' from assembly 'Hangar, Version=3.3.4.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'AtHangar.HangarMachinery' from assembly 'Hangar, Version=3.3.4.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'AtHangar.ExternalHangar' from assembly 'Hangar, Version=3.3.4.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'AtHangar.ExternalHangar' from assembly 'Hangar, Version=3.3.4.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'AtHangar.Hangar' from assembly 'Hangar, Version=3.3.4.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'AtHangar.HangarFairings' from assembly 'Hangar, Version=3.3.4.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'AtHangar.SingleUseGrappleNode' from assembly 'Hangar, Version=3.3.4.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<>c' from assembly 'Hangar, Version=3.3.4.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<FirstTimeUpdateNodes>d__33' from assembly 'Hangar, Version=3.3.4.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<SlowUpdate>d__34' from assembly 'Hangar, Version=3.3.4.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<>c__DisplayClass39_0' from assembly 'Hangar, Version=3.3.4.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<DelayedEnableModules>d__40' from assembly 'Hangar, Version=3.3.4.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'HangarState' from assembly 'Hangar, Version=3.3.4.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<>c' from assembly 'Hangar, Version=3.3.4.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<delayed_update_connected_storage>d__78' from assembly 'Hangar, Version=3.3.4.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<>c__DisplayClass79_0' from assembly 'Hangar, Version=3.3.4.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<>c__DisplayClass91_0' from assembly 'Hangar, Version=3.3.4.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<before_vessel_launch>d__95' from assembly 'Hangar, Version=3.3.4.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<push_and_spin_launched_vessel>d__103' from assembly 'Hangar, Version=3.3.4.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<>c__DisplayClass104_0' from assembly 'Hangar, Version=3.3.4.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<launch_vessel>d__106' from assembly 'Hangar, Version=3.3.4.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<delayed_try_store_construct>d__147' from assembly 'Hangar, Version=3.3.4.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<>c__DisplayClass148_0' from assembly 'Hangar, Version=3.3.4.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'PayloadRes' from assembly 'Hangar, Version=3.3.4.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'ForceTarget' from assembly 'Hangar, Version=3.3.4.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<before_vessel_launch>d__45' from assembly 'Hangar, Version=3.3.4.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<delayed_launch>d__48' from assembly 'Hangar, Version=3.3.4.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<>c__DisplayClass52_0' from assembly 'Hangar, Version=3.3.4.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<>c__DisplayClass39_0' from assembly 'Hangar, Version=3.3.4.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<delayed_disable_decoupling>d__45' from assembly 'Hangar, Version=3.3.4.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

Is 002_MultiAnimators a missing .dll ?

Edited by Gordon Dry

54 minutes ago, Gordon Dry said:

@allista Hangar 3.3.4.1:

Non platform assembly: D:\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Hangar\Plugins\Hangar.dll (this message is harmless)

AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'Hangar': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Additional information about this exception:

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'AtHangar.HangarWindow' from assembly 'Hangar, Version=3.3.4.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly '002_MultiAnimators, Version=1.1.0.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.
File name: '002_MultiAnimators, Version=1.1.0.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'AtHangar.HangarGenericInflatable' from assembly 'Hangar, Version=3.3.4.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'AtHangar.Hangar' from assembly 'Hangar, Version=3.3.4.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'AtHangar.HangarFairings' from assembly 'Hangar, Version=3.3.4.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<FirstTimeUpdateNodes>d__33' from assembly 'Hangar, Version=3.3.4.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<SlowUpdate>d__34' from assembly 'Hangar, Version=3.3.4.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<DelayedEnableModules>d__40' from assembly 'Hangar, Version=3.3.4.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'HangarState' from assembly 'Hangar, Version=3.3.4.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<delayed_update_connected_storage>d__78' from assembly 'Hangar, Version=3.3.4.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<>c__DisplayClass79_0' from assembly 'Hangar, Version=3.3.4.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<>c__DisplayClass91_0' from assembly 'Hangar, Version=3.3.4.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<before_vessel_launch>d__95' from assembly 'Hangar, Version=3.3.4.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<push_and_spin_launched_vessel>d__103' from assembly 'Hangar, Version=3.3.4.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<>c__DisplayClass104_0' from assembly 'Hangar, Version=3.3.4.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<launch_vessel>d__106' from assembly 'Hangar, Version=3.3.4.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<delayed_try_store_construct>d__147' from assembly 'Hangar, Version=3.3.4.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<>c__DisplayClass148_0' from assembly 'Hangar, Version=3.3.4.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'PayloadRes' from assembly 'Hangar, Version=3.3.4.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'ForceTarget' from assembly 'Hangar, Version=3.3.4.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<before_vessel_launch>d__45' from assembly 'Hangar, Version=3.3.4.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<delayed_launch>d__48' from assembly 'Hangar, Version=3.3.4.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<>c__DisplayClass52_0' from assembly 'Hangar, Version=3.3.4.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<delayed_disable_decoupling>d__45' from assembly 'Hangar, Version=3.3.4.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

Is 002_MultiAnimators a missing .dll ?

Yep. It is from AT_Utils. So it's probably an installation problem.

5 minutes ago, allista said:

Yep. It is from AT_Utils. So it's probably an installation problem.

Dunno how this happened, perhaps I was confused that the embedded AT_Utils in the mods have some files, some not.
I just cross-checked my archives and redownloaded the standalone AT_Utils from https://github.com/allista/AT_Utils/releases