[b]Do you use the [u]Desaturated Texture Pack?[/u][/b]  

326 members have voted

1. 1. [b]Do you use the [u]Desaturated Texture Pack?[/u][/b]

• Yes, the grey textures are more stock-like
    • No, the green-orange textures are fine

Um after installing you mod, I keep geting crashes when loading

Using ksp 0.24 64bit.

Unity Player [version: Unity 4.5.2f1_9abb1b59b47c]

KSP_x64.exe caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
in module KSP_x64.exe at 0033:041c0000.

Error occurred at 2014-08-03_074530.
C:\Kerbal Space Program\KSP_x64.exe, run by josh.
33% memory in use.
16345 MB physical memory [10852 MB free].
19289 MB paging file [12423 MB free].
134217728 MB user address space [134214348 MB free].
Write to location 041c0000 caused an access violation.

Context:
RDI: 0x00000000 RSI: 0xc7ed2ce8 RAX: 0x3af7d640
RBX: 0xbf392a80 RCX: 0x3af7d640 RDX: 0x00000000
RIP: 0x041c0000 RBP: 0x0111edb0 SegCs: 0x00000033
EFlags: 0x00010206 RSP: 0x0111ed30 SegSs: 0x0000002b
R8: 0x00000000 R9: 0x00000003 R10: 0x00000005
R11: 0x9ae90173 R12: 0x00000002 R13: 0x00000002
R14: 0x2f0aa738 R15: 0xc7ed2ce8

Bytes at CS:EIP:
?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ??
== [end of error.log] ==

Edited by Joshwoo69

Check out the Distant Objects mod, it does exactly this.

That's interesting. Still, to dock another ship into the hangar where another one, phisically transparent, already floats in mid air? Not sure if that would increase realism =)

Um after installing you mod, I keep geting crashes when loading

Using ksp 0.24 64bit.

I will post you the link later (currently it is night, need to sleep)

Unfortunately, I don't have a 64bit version to check if that is the problem. Last time I tested the mod with KSP 0.24 it worked fine, but many things have changed since and all development is centered on 0.24.2, so backward compatibility could be broken somehow. Check if any of your other mods use KSPAPIExtensions. If so, they should conflict with the one bundled. In any case I'd recomend to upgrade to KSP 0.24.2.

Just wanted to say I really like the idea of this mod. Cutting down on part count and wobbly docked ships is great, and on top of that, I've always wanted a way to treat ships discretely when docked (being able to say 'refill this ship' rather than each tank individually). Two things I've noticed - the stardock seems to be appearing earlier in the tech tree for me than it should. This may be a bug because I patched hangar into an existing save, but other mods go in without an issue. Second, even the Stardock seems too small for the kinds of landers/aux ships I build. Am I missing something obvious? And a minor point, while the coloring is neat it doesn't seem to fit in that great with the more stock-alike stuff. Just weird to have it green.

But all that's secondary. Overall this is a great mod and thanks so much for it!

Just wanted to say I really like the idea of this mod. Cutting down on part count and wobbly docked ships is great, and on top of that, I've always wanted a way to treat ships discretely when docked (being able to say 'refill this ship' rather than each tank individually). Two things I've noticed - the stardock seems to be appearing earlier in the tech tree for me than it should. This may be a bug because I patched hangar into an existing save, but other mods go in without an issue. Second, even the Stardock seems too small for the kinds of landers/aux ships I build. Am I missing something obvious? And a minor point, while the coloring is neat it doesn't seem to fit in that great with the more stock-alike stuff. Just weird to have it green.

But all that's secondary. Overall this is a great mod and thanks so much for it!

Spaceport early on a tech tree -- that's indeed a bug. I've just hotfixed that in the new release.

About coloring: I've thought of making parts all grey and black as stock ones... I even tried to, but couldn't force myself into it. It's just so boring! =^_^=

You can rescale with the right click menu i believe,

Unfortunately, you can't rescale Spaceport as it has cockpit internals. But even the first inline hangar may be scaled to be bigger than the Spaceport (but much heavier for that matter). All in all, I've tried to balance between the need to have hangars as big as it's possible and the ability to launch them into orbit. So yes, hangars can't store every ship one can build. But isn't it an additional challenge to build light and small ships for everyday use?

actually, that reminds me. How does this mod react to ships that fold up using infernal robotics?

At the moment of storing it calculates the actual dimensions of a vessel using all the meshes of all parts. So if any mesh is changed by animation (like in antennas, solar panels or IR parts), it it's taken into account.

For some odd reason, I can't store any ships containing a procedural battery in any hangars from the VAB. I've tried multiple times, and none of my ships with procedural batteries will work. However, driving them in works, but causes the game to crash after going back to the KSC. Also, when trying to add in a hangar, there is no message and the gui doesn't update, but a buggy copy of the ship appears in the VAB. It renders as if it was attached, but it's floating and you can select each part separately.

Crash: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6jOUuzqqfjEUkdYUU1HWFdyUVU/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by Shalashalska

It would be great if you could add the ability to see current vessel volume/mass during construction in the VAB/SPH. Been trying to fit this rover inside the rover hangar and this would be very helpful. (Unless I'm missing something and it's not working as it should?)

It would be great if you could add the ability to see current vessel volume/mass during construction in the VAB/SPH. Been trying to fit this rover inside the rover hangar and this would be very helpful. (Unless I'm missing something and it's not working as it should?)

If you enable the Hangar's GUI (through the Toolbar button) in VAB/SPH, It'll show the window with just that information.

For some odd reason, I can't store any ships containing a procedural battery in any hangars from the VAB. I've tried multiple times, and none of my ships with procedural batteries will work. However, driving them in works, but causes the game to crash after going back to the KSC. Also, when trying to add in a hangar, there is no message and the gui doesn't update, but a buggy copy of the ship appears in the VAB. It renders as if it was attached, but it's floating and you can select each part separately.

Crash: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6jOUuzqqfjEUkdYUU1HWFdyUVU/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks for the report and crash logs! I've made an issue on GitHub and will investigate. Never used Procedural Parts myself.

If you enable the Hangar's GUI (through the Toolbar button) in VAB/SPH, It'll show the window with just that information.

The button isn't doing anything for me. Could it be a conflict with another mod possibly? Not sure what else could be causing it. There are no error messages that say 'Hangar' in my output log.

The button isn't doing anything for me. Could it be a conflict with another mod possibly? Not sure what else could be causing it. There are no error messages that say 'Hangar' in my output log.

That's strange. Can't think of a thing right now that may cause this. The code here is simple and strightforward: if there's a root part in Editor dimensions are calculated and the window is displayed. Except... maybe the window is out of the screen boundaries? Check GameData/Hangar/Plugins/PluginData/Hangar/config.xml

The file may be opened and edited in any text editor (Notepad, etc.). The node you need is:

<rect name="HangarWindow-eWindowPos">
<xmin>277</xmin>
<xmax>577</xmax>
<ymin>952</ymin>
<ymax>1078</ymax>
</rect>

Try to change min-max values to fit your screen resolution.

Believe that's fixed the issue. Thanks!

Glad to hear!

There are also some lessons here for me:

1) I accidentally distributed my own config.xml with the package, which is not good

2) because this may of course happen again, I need to implement some checks on window positioning.

Thanks!

Also, I think this may be partially incompatible with Kerbal Joint Reinforcement. I think the joint stiffening that it does on vessel loading is causing my ships to explode when I pre-load them from the VAB.

This may be. I'll check it as well.

Also, I think this may be partially incompatible with Kerbal Joint Reinforcement. I think the joint stiffening that it does on vessel loading is causing my ships to explode when I pre-load them from the VAB.

I was unable to reproduce either of the bugs on my side. Both Joint Reinforcement and Procedural Parts (batteries included) work nicely with hangars. Still, in the logs you provided I've found an exception responcible for the "buggy copy of the ship appears in the VAB". As I understand it, the exception occurred when you tried to load a ship that either contained some missing parts or some of the parts' modules were unable to initialize properly. I added some additional checks before vessel loading into a hangar, so (I hope) this should not happen again.

But.

Your Unitylog weights 121Mb. That's way, way too much. And it's filled with the three exceptions in long series, all from other mods (see below). This alone should make the game much less responsive, more luggy and unstable. No wonder the game has crashed. So I would check these mods, probably disable them and see if the game becomes more stable.

[TR.TextureReplacer] System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'CrewRoster' from assembly 'Assembly-CSharp, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
at TextureReplacer.Personaliser.personaliseIVA (.Vessel vessel) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at TextureReplacer.Personaliser.replaceKerbalSkins () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at TextureReplacer.Personaliser.updateScene () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at TextureReplacer.TextureReplacer.LateUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
Parameter name: index
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[ModuleScienceContainer].get_Item (Int32 index) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ForScience.ForScience.TransferScience () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ForScience.ForScience.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at ModuleDockingNode.<SetupFSM>m__141 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at KerbalFSM.FixedUpdateFSM () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ModuleDockingNode.FixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Awesome mod! It has become one of the fundamentals for me, both because playability and performance enhancement. Only issue is i cant access to the bottom of the docked vessels list when there is more than 4 or 5 docked ships in a given hangar.

Awesome mod! It has become one of the fundamentals for me, both because playability and performance enhancement. Only issue is i cant access to the bottom of the docked vessels list when there is more than 4 or 5 docked ships in a given hangar.

Did you tried today's update? I've made a fix just for that case: scrollbars for the hangars and vessels lists.

So I got two questions/suggestions.

I've been fooling around with the inline hanger intending to launch a bunch of sats for remote tech all in one go. Seems like it'll work great for this and I'm really liking how you got this setup. This mod is stellar!

However two things keep bugging me. One is the color scheme. I hate to rag on it because I know it is hard work, but I would love to see a more stock alike look. Maybe just a grey/white texture. It's just that the colors as they are really clash with almost everything I pair them with.

Second thing is two fold. One is it'd be really nice to have attachment nodes on the sides of the hanger. That way I could mount it side ways and have a short fat hanger if wanted. Second part is that the ends just kind of fit awkwardly. For instance let's say you take the inline hanger at its default size and attach a mk1 to the top. It looks kind of odd. But if you attached a larger command pod it also looks a bit off. Just like it doesn't really fit. Not really sure how that could be fixed since the hanger resizes on the go. Maybe if the ends could have selectable sizes like in procedural parts?

How this doesn't come off as critical or anything. Just trying to give some helpful feedback.

Sounds like a very promising mod :) Unfortunately my first try at implementing a hangar failed. Im using 1.1.0 so not sure if this bug has been fixed as i see 1.1.1 was released.

Anyway I launched a rover lander to the Mun but when i try to launch the rover inside it launches it on kerbin at the height where the lander is located on the Mun.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.