[1.9-1.10] Hangar

allista

[b]Do you use the [u]Desaturated Texture Pack?[/u][/b]  

326 members have voted

1. 1. [b]Do you use the [u]Desaturated Texture Pack?[/u][/b]

• Yes, the grey textures are more stock-like
    • No, the green-orange textures are fine

Makes sense.

Did you change internal part names? I noticed the Heavy Radial engine has a FAR compatibility patch at the end that refers to a SABRE engine, but it doesn't match the part name of the config it lives in.

Also, the maxTemp values seem a bit on the low side across the board (like 800-900 range). While not in the danger zone, iirc most stock stuff is 1200 minimum, with defaults at 2000. I know back in the day things were colder (before the temp scaling), so maybe a carryover.

47 minutes ago, Deimos Rast said:

Makes sense.

Did you change internal part names? I noticed the Heavy Radial engine has a FAR compatibility patch at the end that refers to a SABRE engine, but it doesn't match the part name of the config it lives in.

Also, the maxTemp values seem a bit on the low side across the board (like 800-900 range). While not in the danger zone, iirc most stock stuff is 1200 minimum, with defaults at 2000. I know back in the day things were colder (before the temp scaling), so maybe a carryover.

No, part names are intact. Radial SABRE is one of the parts i removed to accelerate the development. This MM patch is just a leftover.

As for the temperature (and other part characteristics), I haven't got to this yet, so if you feel like it, you can correct what you deem necessary and send me the changes later.

I haven't wrote it in this thread yet, but I'm on vacation starting today till 24th, so you have plenty of time :wink:

59 minutes ago, allista said:

As for the temperature (and other part characteristics), I haven't got to this yet, so if you feel like it, you can correct what you deem necessary and send me the changes later.

I haven't wrote it in this thread yet, but I'm on vacation starting today till 24th, so you have plenty of time :wink:

So what you're saying is, not only does every one get to bug squash, but we all have the "privilege" of helping to CAREER BALANCE the mod, too?... SWEET!!... :D ... :rolleyes; ...

( I see what you did there, Allista... :D)

Edited by Stone Blue

3 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

So what you're saying is, not only does every one get to bug squash, but we all have the "privilege" of helping to CAREER BALANCE the mod, too?... SWEET!!... :D ... :rolleyes; ...

( I see what you did there, Allista... :D)

Indeed so!

Just don't change masses too much: they were calculated from volumes and areas of part models (which you may guess from the comments) :blush:

I created simple ship and packed it inside fairing hangar, after launch I used HyperEdit to go to 100km Mun orbit.

After I executed staging everything exploded.

I packed my save with ship design and some screenshots.

Is there a way to change "aspect" and "size" to "width" and "height"? Trying to catch the right size is tricky right now.

On 7/11/2016 at 3:53 AM, RealGecko said:

I created simple ship and packed it inside fairing hangar, after launch I used HyperEdit to go to 100km Mun orbit.

After I executed staging everything exploded.

I packed my save with ship design and some screenshots.

Is there a way to change "aspect" and "size" to "width" and "height"? Trying to catch the right size is tricky right now.

No,  the names of the controls are hard-coded. Have you tried to launched that ship from the fairings right at the launchpad, without going into space? And in Kerbin orbit?

Unfortunately, due to all the Krakensbane thing spawning a vessel in different orbits around different planets cannot be done in the same way. And since 0.90 this mechanics probably changed much.

2 minutes ago, allista said:

Have you tried to launched that ship from the fairings right at the launchpad, without going into space? And in Kerbin orbit?

I'll try that out.

8 minutes ago, allista said:

No,  the names of the controls are hard-coded.

I wanted to say that maybe it is possible to change width and height separately, like for example with procedural fuel tanks. Or it will require serious module rework?

40 minutes ago, RealGecko said:

I'll try that out.

I wanted to say that maybe it is possible to change width and height separately, like for example with procedural fuel tanks. Or it will require serious module rework?

Not serious, but I really don't see the point. It's a matter of habit, really.

BTW, to easily fit a Hangar to a ship in editor, I would recommend the following procedure:

Made the Hangar much bigger then the ship; add the ship.

Gradually resize the Hangar until the ship is pushed to the Unfit list.

Make one step back and re-add the ship from the list.

6 minutes ago, allista said:

BTW, to easily fit a Hangar to a ship in editor, I would recommend the following procedure:

Yep, did it exactly that way, but sometimes you have really short and at the same time really wide rocket and hangar seems to be really oversized :D

3 minutes ago, RealGecko said:

Yep, did it exactly that way, but sometimes you have really short and at the same time really wide rocket and hangar seems to be really oversized :D

If I could sometime harness the power of procedural fairings... But it is so much harder technically than simple model resizing!

• 2 weeks later...

Alas, I currently don't have much time for programming, so the fixes go slowly.

But in the meantime I do some 3D modelling to relax (while PCR is cycling) and ponder on the idea of a pressurized inflatable hangar...

Looks neat!

I'm so happy this mod is living again; it's super duper great!

Little bug report; using a ground hangar (not sure about others) I just attach whatever crew pod to it, put in a rover and launch. I can then launch the rover just fine, get out, get back in, launch again, get out, and when trying to get back in it says "Not enough space for the crew of a docking vessel". Which obviously it had before :)

If I get of the the kerbals in the pod out and try again it works, but if I launch & get back again it has no more space again. Seems like somehow it forgets to count crews it puts in launched vehicules as not on board anymore ?

1 hour ago, LordDilip said:

I CANT OPEN THE HANGERS HELP ME PLS!!!

i just installed the mod which looks amazing. i love the new designs but for some reason it doesnt show me the open button. can u help me?

What open button? Hangars are controlled through a separate GUI window which is summoned by a toolbar button.

Using the 1.1.3 beta. I seem to be getting the used volume bug again. Can't relocate my vessel because 50% suddenly turned into 900%. Consistently happening during simulation with KRASH. Also Bill seems to have become some kind of ghost. Not sure if that's related or not. Everything else is functioning perfectly fine.

skjf8wG.png

A workaround is not to use the extensions, as you can still launch the vessels normally even when the hangar complains about 900%.

Edited by TheElec

there is no toolbar icon for the hangers on my screen. i have the hangers in my sight but noway to activate them. Now i don't exactly know if this is a bug or not but i spent at least 12hours figuring this out. If i need to do some coding i am not good with it so pleasse help.

And blizzy's toolbar doesnt work either :/

Edited by LordDilip

1 minute ago, LordDilip said:

there is no toolbar icon for the hangers on my screen. i have the hangers in my sight but noway to activate them. Now i don't exactly know if this is a bug or not but i spent at least 12hours figuring this out. If i need to do some coding i am not good with it so pleasse help.

And blizzy's toolbar doesnt work either :/

Have you opened the blizzy-Toolbar's preferences and checked the hangar's button for it to be displayed in the toolbar? Like this (see the left window in the screenshot):

pWj5KLV.jpg

18 hours ago, TheElec said:

Using the 1.1.3 beta. I seem to be getting the used volume bug again. Can't relocate my vessel because 50% suddenly turned into 900%. Consistently happening during simulation with KRASH. Also Bill seems to have become some kind of ghost. Not sure if that's related or not. Everything else is functioning perfectly fine.

A workaround is not to use the extensions, as you can still launch the vessels normally even when the hangar complains about 900%.

Thanks for the report. I'll look at what's happening here.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.