[b]Do you use the [u]Desaturated Texture Pack?[/u][/b]  

273 members have voted

  1. 1. [b]Do you use the [u]Desaturated Texture Pack?[/u][/b]

    • Yes, the grey textures are more stock-like
      136
    • No, the green-orange textures are fine
      40


Recommended Posts

Hey, I am not at home atm so I don't have the log file but I am having an issue with MK2 Storage bay doors not opening when the mod this installed. Even with only stock and just this mod it occurs. I was wondering if anyone had similar issues? Its not that they are stuck its that the button with the option to open it disappears so there is literally no way to open it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Version 3.3.4.2 for Kerbal Space Program 1.4.3

Released on 2018-06-15

  • Using new stuff from AT_Utils 1.6
  • Fixed content hull mesh rendering on hangar resize.
  • Fixed metric calculation for the stock RadialDrill part.

 Download 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any chance for a tutorial on how to make hangar conversions out of existing parts? (Noob-proof preferably...)

I've followed your howto for modders wiki, opened your mk3&mk2 hangar conversions models with blender to figure out what is what, whipped up a wannabe hangar conversion (probably all kinds of wrong but what the heck :D )

and finally got stuck at the unity part :confused:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Esendis said:

Any chance for a tutorial on how to make hangar conversions out of existing parts? (Noob-proof preferably...)

I've followed your howto for modders wiki, opened your mk3&mk2 hangar conversions models with blender to figure out what is what, whipped up a wannabe hangar conversion (probably all kinds of wrong but what the heck :D )

and finally got stuck at the unity part :confused:

It's too tedious for me to write/illustrate it, so I'll just make a video.

And you'll have to suffer from my lousy english and stuttering :sticktongue:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, allista said:

It's too tedious for me to write/illustrate it, so I'll just make a video.

And you'll have to suffer from my lousy english and stuttering :sticktongue:

Not that i ever noticed lousy english/stuttering from your vids but yes please :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Running into a weird bug. This thing gets spawned 90° rotated in an inline hangar, so it sticks through the walls and explodes.

https://imgur.com/a/MHhLfHm

The forward/bottom markers are weird. https://imgur.com/a/UvSkwNV

Everything looks fine in the VABhttps://imgur.com/a/WHr4kdf

Quite a few mods involved (and some tweakscale on the engine because I'm lazy and it keeps the part count down), so not sure how to approach this.

Edit: figured it out. Was the folding animation of one of the magnetometers. Since I mod mods for fun this may be my fault, or the specific mod. Dunno, haven't had time to play around with that yet.

Edited by Zah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/24/2018 at 7:38 AM, allista said:

It's too tedious for me to write/illustrate it, so I'll just make a video.

And you'll have to suffer from my lousy english and stuttering :sticktongue:

I think a tutorial video is a great idea!

Perhaps write coments directly in the video if narrating it will not do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi -- just discovered this mod and it's changing my whole approach to the game. I can't thank you enough!

Question though -- recently I've been having difficulty with the orientation of my rovers when storing them in the rover lander. Regardless of whether I build them in the SPH or the VAB, when I store them in the rover hangar, they are stored rotated at a 90-degree angle; that is, the "down" of the rover ends up pointing out one of the doors, leaving the rover stuck on its side.

Reading through this thread, I saw there was some ambiguity with the XYZ axes in the .craft files; my gut says this is part of the problem, but I didn't see a fix in the previous posts, and I'll admit that a lot of the conversation was over my head (I'm not a modder). Is there a way to rotate my craft prior to/after putting it into the hangar?

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/2/2018 at 11:45 PM, kerbed_enthusiasm said:

Hi -- just discovered this mod and it's changing my whole approach to the game. I can't thank you enough!

Question though -- recently I've been having difficulty with the orientation of my rovers when storing them in the rover lander. Regardless of whether I build them in the SPH or the VAB, when I store them in the rover hangar, they are stored rotated at a 90-degree angle; that is, the "down" of the rover ends up pointing out one of the doors, leaving the rover stuck on its side.

Reading through this thread, I saw there was some ambiguity with the XYZ axes in the .craft files; my gut says this is part of the problem, but I didn't see a fix in the previous posts, and I'll admit that a lot of the conversation was over my head (I'm not a modder). Is there a way to rotate my craft prior to/after putting it into the hangar?

Thanks.

Glad to hear :D

As for your problem: the spawn orientation is the orientation of the root part of the vessel, so it doesn't matter how you rotate things in Editor (be it VAB or SPH).

You can (somewhat) visualize how the vessel will be spawned by using the "Draw spawn directions" switch in the Hangar's window in Editor (twice, first for the rover to see where its axes point, second for the hangar), or by looking at the convex hull of the stored rover (which may or may not tell you where the wheels are, depending on its model).

In any case, the way to solve the orientation problem is to re-root the vessel using the corresponding tool (hotkeyed to 3 by default) in Editor. Enable directions drawing in Hangar's window and find a root part that causes the blue (Z) axis to point toward the wheels. I usually root the whole thing to the front-mounted computer-core.

Cheers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Version 3.3.4.4 for Kerbal Space Program 1.4.5

Released on 2018-09-13

  • Fixed thrust effects of the 5-way RCS thruster
  • Using latest AT_Utils

 Download 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @allista,

Heavy duty 5-Way RCS Port do not show up on tech tree stock or CommunityTechTree.

SpaceportRCS.cfg:

    TechRequired = largeControl

This tech tree node do not exists. Maybe some recent KSP change or something cause i remember it was in tech tree on 1.3 KSP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, banditsan said:

Hi @allista,

Heavy duty 5-Way RCS Port do not show up on tech tree stock or CommunityTechTree.

SpaceportRCS.cfg:


    TechRequired = largeControl

This tech tree node do not exists. Maybe some recent KSP change or something cause i remember it was in tech tree on 1.3 KSP.

Thanks for the report. I'll recheck tech requirements; they haven't been changed in a while, so you're probably right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems interesting! I'll try it out! Also, when I saw this:

On 7/31/2014 at 3:39 AM, allista said:

Introduction

Hangars are parts that can store whole ships inside. Stored ships are not docked but unloaded, which reduces part count considerably, improving framerate and memory footprint while allowing to carry out missions of great complexity.

Aside from the hangars themselves the mod provides a set of utility parts that help in various usage scenarios. To further reduce part count, most parts (including hangars) have multiple integrated modules and resources that are balanced and often eliminate the need to add such things as batteries, lights, generators, probe cores and reaction wheels.

font, I immediately jumped for joy that someone actually uses my favorite font

(LSU is much smoother in my opinion)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a question: If i use the asteroid factory do i get more ore out of an asteroid compared to the stock mining drills ?

 

The factory is very appealing as it allows me to produce mining stations X3 like :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nicky21 said:

I have a question: If i use the asteroid factory do i get more ore out of an asteroid compared to the stock mining drills ?

 

The factory is very appealing as it allows me to produce mining stations X3 like :D

To mine resources, the asteroid factory uses a module that inherits from the stock ModuleAsteroidDrill, so the mechanics is the same. There is a difference in configuration, though, in that the stock Radial Drill has Efficiency=5, while the Asteroid Factory has Efficiency=10. This affects the steepness of the exponential asymptotic curve that determines how much resources you get each cycle of the harvesting process. So the Asteroid Factory will harvest an asteroid faster.

But the final amount harvested is defined in asteroid itself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, allista said:

To mine resources, the asteroid factory uses a module that inherits from the stock ModuleAsteroidDrill, so the mechanics is the same. There is a difference in configuration, though, in that the stock Radial Drill has Efficiency=5, while the Asteroid Factory has Efficiency=10. This affects the steepness of the exponential asymptotic curve that determines how much resources you get each cycle of the harvesting process. So the Asteroid Factory will harvest an asteroid faster.

But the final amount harvested is defined in asteroid itself.

I'm guessing that you are also using a different set of tools from RoverDude's ART, to calculate extracted space created in the asteroid after mining, hence the incompatibility? Any chance to make them play nice in the future?

Also i've seen that you have color coded the feature wishlist. Green are a go and no color undecided?

ps: i've given up on making a hangar conversion. Atm im just slapping a whole small hangar inside my spaceplane with a modified zero weight cfg :cool:. I eagerly await the promised video tutorial ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Esendis said:

I'm guessing that you are also using a different set of tools from RoverDude's ART, to calculate extracted space created in the asteroid after mining, hence the incompatibility? Any chance to make them play nice in the future?

Also i've seen that you have color coded the feature wishlist. Green are a go and no color undecided?

ps: i've given up on making a hangar conversion. Atm im just slapping a whole small hangar inside my spaceplane with a modified zero weight cfg :cool:. I eagerly await the promised video tutorial ;)

The "incompatibility" with ART is just that the "space" that is "freed" during the mining is used in completely different ways, by different PartModules (or rather frameworks of PartModules) that know nothing about each other; nor can they without linking against one another.

To make things compatible, I need to:

  • design and implement (in ART's codebase) the asteroid-shared-space API through part events and/or other means that do not require linking the Hangar against ART
  • reimplement corresponding part of the Hangar to use the new ART's API to interact with asteroid's space, if and only if the ART is present, while using internal space storage otherwise (imagine now what would happen if a user installs Hangar, then ART, then removes ART or Hangar?)
  • solve (even remotely I do not know how) the backward compatibility problems, so as not to break savegames

At my current workload level I would estimate the work to take about 4-6 months, and only if I don't spend my KSP time for other mods.

*colors in the wishlist are just approximate priorities. The greener, the more I'm inclined to take it to development.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, allista said:

The "incompatibility" with ART is just that the "space" that is "freed" during the mining is used in completely different ways, by different PartModules (or rather frameworks of PartModules) that know nothing about each other; nor can they without linking against one another.

To make things compatible, I need to:

  • design and implement (in ART's codebase) the asteroid-shared-space API through part events and/or other means that do not require linking the Hangar against ART
  • reimplement corresponding part of the Hangar to use the new ART's API to interact with asteroid's space, if and only if the ART is present, while using internal space storage otherwise (imagine now what would happen if a user installs Hangar, then ART, then removes ART or Hangar?)
  • solve (even remotely I do not know how) the backward compatibility problems, so as not to break savegames

At my current workload level I would estimate the work to take about 4-6 months, and only if I don't spend my KSP time for other mods.

*colors in the wishlist are just approximate priorities. The greener, the more I'm inclined to take it to development.

Thanks for the explanation. In that case; just let it be tbh. We'll manage :D .

I got my 2 out of 3 wishes in the list green-lit anyway so i'm fine :cool:.

Edited by Esendis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, guys, I think I'm missing something here.

I have a small saved satellite. First one loads into the fairing ok, taking up like 11%, but I cannot add any more of them, says 'part already loaded'. Where did I go wrong? )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ZatriX said:

Hey, guys, I think I'm missing something here.

I have a small saved satellite. First one loads into the fairing ok, taking up like 11%, but I cannot add any more of them, says 'part already loaded'. Where did I go wrong? )

The fairing is a single-use-only hangar. It can store just one ship, once (for obvious reasons).

If you need to deploy many satellites, use inline hangar and launch with the "push out" option enabled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

3 minutes ago, allista said:

The fairing is a single-use-only hangar. It can store just one ship, once (for obvious reasons).

If you need to deploy many satellites, use inline hangar and launch with the "push out" option enabled.

Oh, okay. Well still early in the career with this mod, so maybe my expectations were too high )) Just wanted to put Mun relay network in place very early ingame (still .unmanned, lol). Oh well, I'll do it the old-fashioned way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ZatriX said:

 

Oh, okay. Well still early in the career with this mod, so maybe my expectations were too high )) Just wanted to put Mun relay network in place very early ingame (still .unmanned, lol). Oh well, I'll do it the old-fashioned way.

Alternatively, you can do this: make your satellite into subassembly, then make a rig with enough stack nodes on the sides to attach your satellites, then combine it all into a single vessel (like grapes). This contraption may be stored in the fairing, then launched, then you can deploy satellites one by one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.