[b]Do you use the [u]Desaturated Texture Pack?[/u][/b]  

272 members have voted

1. 1. [b]Do you use the [u]Desaturated Texture Pack?[/u][/b]

• Yes, the grey textures are more stock-like
    • No, the green-orange textures are fine

9 hours ago, 1990eam said:

Awesome mod. I was looking for something just like this.

What's the mod that was used in the demo video in the OP to automate the ship landing on the surface of the moon?

That would be the Throttle Controlled Avionics :cool:

Posted (edited)

Using the nightly build image as of yesterday (2019-8-24), I tried out the Recycle function of GC.

My first reaction was "Where's the rest of my station?!".

Background... I started out by capturing a class E asteroid (is that the biggest?) using a 2 part vessel. The first part is the command section which I attached north of the center of mass of the asteroid. 2nd part is the engine cluster which I attached south of the COM of the asteroid. Then I attached a third parts cluster of Orbital Assembly, Workshop, Asteroid Mining Factory combo on the equator (plus some stuff to house Kerbals and store resources not supported by Configurable Containers).

So after that, I figured I'll lessen the part count by getting rid of extraneous boosters, and RCS and gain some resources at the same time, using the GC Recycler.

That's when I encountered the parts tree interface of the Recycler. Because my station's parts tree was nested so deep, I can't get to the recycle button at the right of the Recycle window. I can drag the tree to see the button but the moment I let go of the left-mouse-button, the display shifts to the right, hiding the button. And I can't resize the window either.

My 2 cents...
-    Have some left-right scroll controls.
-    If horizontal scrolling is not possible, have the action buttons - Recycle and Discard excess resources - as the first part of the node before the node's part name. That way, the buttons are always reacheable.
-    Have some buttons to switch off resources info that show how much resources can be recovered and how much EC is required. Or have that info display as a "hint".
-    It's nice if the part I'm selecting to recycle is highlighted. Like how the ShipManifest mod highlights selected parts.

The whole exercise got me re-thinking how I build ships. I have to put some thought now on how I break up ships into sub-assemblies to minimize the nesting of the parts tree.

Screenshots...

Recycle window showing 3  the depth of my station parts tree
q2YUVPg.png

This is me trying to drag the window contents to the left to see the rest of the details. Problem is when I let go of the mouse, everything snaps back to the right. Can barely see the Recycle button.
djubXVq.png.%5C

Edited by bcqJC
Forgot to mention... The Recycler window doesn't close when switching scenes.

Posted (edited)

FOUND WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR

Edited by Agustin

Posted (edited)

How can I rotate the craft?

Nevermind, Found another cargo much better. Now yes!
Cvgbja6.png

Edited by Agustin

Posted (edited)

I am having a problem when loading the craft. The cargo part loads in the wrong place.... I am on 1.7.3

310JRSO.png

Changing the root doesnt help. Its only that hangar part which causes the problem. Anyway I could see this fixed? Its the perfect part for me.

Edited by Agustin

For some reason, when I have a Hangar part on my active craft, the hangar toolbar option doesn't show up.  Anyone have any idea what's going on?

On 9/13/2019 at 4:02 PM, horngeek said:

For some reason, when I have a Hangar part on my active craft, the hangar toolbar option doesn't show up.  Anyone have any idea what's going on?

Update: if people are having this problem, don't assume if you have the 000_AT-Utils folder that you have all the files required for this to work properly- unzip the folder packaged with this mod anyways, and just don't replace files you already have.