[1.9-1.10] Hangar

allista

[b]Do you use the [u]Desaturated Texture Pack?[/u][/b]  

326 members have voted

1. 1. [b]Do you use the [u]Desaturated Texture Pack?[/u][/b]

• Yes, the grey textures are more stock-like
    • No, the green-orange textures are fine

6 hours ago, Nori said:

Quick question. Is this supposed to work with the new patch? The DLL doesn't seem to be loading. Not sure if it is just something on my end.

What new patch? :confused:

Edit: agrh! Couldn't they update the game a little less often? ;.;

Edited by allista

5 hours ago, allista said:

What new patch? :confused:

Edit: agrh! Couldn't they update the game a little less often? ;.;

Well, on the bright side, it fixed the super annoying GUI flickering bug in the VAB and a bunch of other bugs..  Methinks it'll be the last version for a bit, but who knows..  :)

Also Configurable Containers and TCA seem to work in my quick testing.

Edited by Nori

1 minute ago, Nori said:

Well, on the bright side, it fixed the super annoying GUI flickering bug in the VAB and a bunch of other bugs..  Methinks it'll be the last version for a bit, but who knows..  :)

Also Configurable Containers and TCA seem to work in my quick testing.

They should. I've recompiled everything against 1.2.1 and no problem arized. As soon as I test the basic functionality, I'll publish the updates.

6 hours ago, allista said:

They should. I've recompiled everything against 1.2.1 and no problem arized. As soon as I test the basic functionality, I'll publish the updates.

Would you please check out the Kerbal duplication bug as well.

Capture a vessel with a kerbal into a hangar. When the kerbal transfers to another seat during his vessel unload, EVA that Kerbal and return him home. Try launching the stored vessel. In my game Hangar makes a duplicate of the original Kerbal and places him into the launched vessel.

I inspected the savefile and the unloaded Pod still had the "crew = " line. Deleting that line didn't solve the problem though.

And yeah, Kerbals with KIS pockets will lose everything during unload-transfer.

Edited by Enceos

• 2 weeks later...

Hangar v3.1.0 for KSP 1.2.1 (2016.11.13)

ChangeLog:

Spoiler
  • Made it possible to launch vessels while a hangar rotates and moves, even with acceleration.
  • Implemented temporary storage of resources in Hangar Fairings. This makes the Fairings compatible with Life Support mods.
  • Added placeholders for internals to all crewed parts. Added "back" stack nodes to ground hangars so that they could be hanged below a skycrane-like carrier.
  • In Editor positioning arrows are only drawn if a hangar has Strict Positioning; otherwise only a dot is drawn.
  • Bugfixes:
    • Crew transfer.
    • Prelaunch game saving.
    • Debris jettison velocity calculation.
Edited by allista

9 hours ago, allista said:

Hangar v3.1.0 for KSP 1.2.1 (2016.11.13)

ChangeLog:

Hide contents
  • Made it possible to launch vessels while a hangar rotates and moves, even with acceleration.
  • Implemented temporary storage of resources in Hangar Fairings. This makes the Fairings compatible with Life Support mods.
  • Added placeholders for internals to all crewed parts. Added "back" stack nodes to ground hangars so that they could be hanged below a skycrane-like carrier.
  • In Editor positioning arrows are only drawn if a hangar has Strict Positioning; otherwise only a dot is drawn.
  • Bugfixes:
    • Crew transfer.
    • Prelaunch game saving.
    • Debris jettison velocity calculation.

Yah! You've been busy!

13 hours ago, flywlyx said:

I am current working on the CV hangar, everything works perfect. However, I notice that hangar could not work without a open gate animation. Am I right? 

Not so. You just don't need the animator module and AnimatorID field in the Hangar's configuration. Then the "gates" will be always in the opened state.

8 hours ago, allista said:

Not so. You just don't need the animator module and AnimatorID field in the Hangar's configuration. Then the "gates" will be always in the opened state.

Got it, so AnimatorID make the trick. Thanks

8 minutes ago, g_BonE said:

Hi. Giving "Hangar" a spin but cant seem to find that Ore Concentrator module the wiki is talking about. Ideas?

I'm sorry, but the wiki is somewhat out of date :(

I've removed many things, the concentrator being among them, when I was reviving/upgrading the Hangar to work with KSP-1.2+. Currently, since the Ore is a stock resource and the stock asteroid drills mine it as is directly from asteroids, the Hangar's Asteroid Drill does the same: you get the Ore right away, without the step of enriching it from the ground rock.

On 7/31/2014 at 2:39 AM, allista said:

Unsupported Mods

• Asteroid Recycling Technologies is not compatible with the Asteroid Hangars framework. Both mods can be installed at the same time, but you cannot use the same asteroid both as a hangar and by ART machinery.

If ART is not supported, why does the Imgur album have a "working hangar inside an asteroid"?

iCJB6F2.png

58 minutes ago, InfiniteAtom said:

If ART is not supported, why does the Imgur album have a "working hangar inside an asteroid"?

Because the Hangar makes its own use of asteroids. Using the Hangar (without ART) you can mine asteroids for Ore and use the freed space to store resources and ships. It is just not recommended to use both Hangar and ART.

Edited by allista

A quick comment on the UI: With the select vessel drop-down on top of the other buttons, I can't seem to scroll it, which means I have trouble accessing any but the first 4/5 ships stored in a particular hanger.  Basically I have to unload the ships in front of them first.

(Note that I am using KSP 1.1.3 with the appropriate version of Hanger - I haven't seen anything in the release notes that indicates newer versions changed this behavior.)

Still, enjoying the mod very much, thanks.  :wink:

13 minutes ago, DStaal said:

A quick comment on the UI: With the select vessel drop-down on top of the other buttons, I can't seem to scroll it, which means I have trouble accessing any but the first 4/5 ships stored in a particular hanger.  Basically I have to unload the ships in front of them first.

(Note that I am using KSP 1.1.3 with the appropriate version of Hanger - I haven't seen anything in the release notes that indicates newer versions changed this behavior.)

Still, enjoying the mod very much, thanks.  :wink:

Yep, this is a known and, unfortunately, unfixable issue of the dropdown list. It can be scrolled only if you aim the mouse at an entry and use the mouse wheel.

I will replace the dropdowns with a less fancy but robust left-right-choosers (as in Configurable Containers) and/or with simple lists.

On 25/11/2016 at 6:27 PM, allista said:

@SpannerMonkey(smce), @flywlyx, do any of you use the UsefulSizeRatio option of the HangarStorage module? If not, I'm removing it, which means the hangar-space mesh will become mandatory for HangarStorage.

Hi nope never used that feature always gone with the hangar space mesh, cheers

4 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi nope never used that feature always gone with the hangar space mesh, cheers.

Perfect. In exchange for this loss I add a new HangarEntrance module that, like HangarGateway, has its own docking space and spawn transform (which work exactly like that of the HangarStorage), but that can be added to the same part as the HangarStorage. So now you can have a single part with BIG storage space and small doorway. And you can add as many such entrances to the same HangarStorage as you like. Currently I'm testing it with a launchpad-like hangar for rockets...

• 2 weeks later...
On 31.07.2014 at 5:54 PM, smunisto said:

After thinking a bit about it, I realised that the large heavy hangars are useless without EL for anything other than rover storage like you said.

You definitely underestimate power of KIS

No EL, just KIS, OSE Workshop and Kontainers:

UPVl5jq.png

iU1iFj2.png

M3oWGY9.png

I'm definitely getting this mod for storage of assorted vehicles manufactured and KIS-constructed in the Gilly base.

@allista: you might want to edit the first post. The download links are hopelessly outdated.

Edited by Sharpy