[1.9-1.10] Hangar

allista

[b]Do you use the [u]Desaturated Texture Pack?[/u][/b]  

326 members have voted

1. 1. [b]Do you use the [u]Desaturated Texture Pack?[/u][/b]

• Yes, the grey textures are more stock-like
    • No, the green-orange textures are fine

On 12/17/2016 at 3:28 AM, Shield88 said:

I would like so much using this mod, but for me he look too much... weird.
Please try to got better stock accurate texture. Constructive comment.

Constructive? You're welcome to retexture the models if you wish :D

I'm a programmer, have only rudimentary modelling skills and no time to acquire ones. I have already spent more time on these textures and models than I like.

On 12/9/2016 at 6:50 PM, Sharpy said:

@allista: you might want to edit the first post. The download links are hopelessly outdated.

The whole damn thing is totally outdated, I'm afraid :(

And It'll be easier to recreate it from scratch; I hope I would have time for it soon...

7 hours ago, allista said:

Constructive? You're welcome to retexture the models if you wish :D

I'm a programmer, have only rudimentary modelling skills and no time to acquire ones. I have already spent more time on these textures and models than I like.

The whole damn thing is totally outdated, I'm afraid :(

And It'll be easier to recreate it from scratch; I hope I would have time for it soon...

I'm sorry i did'nt want to offend you. Just giving my opinion. Anyway, i don't know how to do mod, part, plugin, etc.
Aside from this you did a great job.

3 hours ago, Shield88 said:

I'm sorry i did'nt want to offend you. Just giving my opinion. Anyway, i don't know how to do mod, part, plugin, etc.
Aside from this you did a great job.

No offence taken :cool: I'm just trying to explain.

This question was brought up many times already; and I myself would also like the models to look less... lego-like :confused: But I'm no artist and as far as I tried to study the texturing trade, good textures require imagination, skill, time and huge amount of work. I mostly lack the first three, and spend the last on coding :blush:

*BTW, currently almost all models are metallic-greyish, not the green-orange that you see on the old screenshots. This still looks pretty lame, but fits the stock better.

1 hour ago, sardia said:

How well does this work in 1.22?

Don't know, to be honest.

But I'm updating it today, compiled against 1.2.2. So the new version will work for sure.

Edited by allista

Hangar v3.2.0 for KSP 1.2.2 (2016.12.20)

ChangeLog:

Spoiler
  • Compiled against KSP-1.2.2
  • Added Small VTOL Hangar that acts like a small launchpad: you land on its roof and store the vessel; you launch a vessel and it appears on the roof, then you take off.
  • MobileSmelter consumes much more power now; comparable with IRSU.
  • Moved spawn transforms of the ground hangars to the bottom-back corner.
  • For modders:
    • Added HangarEntrance module that acts like HangarGateway, but for the same part that has HangarStorage. This way you can have several different size entrances into the same big HangarStorage.
    • Renamed HangarGateway.DockingSpace to .HangarSpace
    • Added test hangars to ForModders folder (available on GitHub).
  • Bugfixes:
    • Fixed NRE in HangarWindow when "piloting" EVAs.
    • Fixed toolbar button bug.
    • Fixed debris resize problem.

2 hours ago, nascarlaser1 said:

is it possible to get the giant space dock into space with stock engines/rocket parts? or is it truly impossible?

Since lots of people are complaining about how hard it is to orbit with the spacedock, I'm taking it as a personal challenge. Expect a spacedock in orbit later tonight.

(PS: I remember the old days, when we had multi-hundred-ton payloads with orange tanks and Mainsails. If we can't exceed that with 3m tanks and engines to match, then we have fallen a long way indeed.)

Well, I've gone and done it.

0Sh3MNg.png

Here's the lifter. It's a 13-Mammoth asparagus-staged beast, though I could easily shave that down by using drop tanks instead of boosters and by using a Rhino or two instead of Mammoths.
AbEisuB.png

Here's the spaceport in orbit. As seen above, it's a 75x76km orbit. Sadly, I took no pics on ascent. It has about a quarter fuel in that last tank, so it's nowhere near its limits.
o9mJMZd.png

Let's deploy the payload. Oh, what's that you're asking? What payload? I call it the Lump because...well...that's what it is. A giant lump of fuel tanks. Enjoy.
7H8XMxd.png

bqEHoOR.png
It just keeps coming!
ZySOifa.png
Seems to stretch to infinity.
mZheIdY.png
Size comparison:
P49zUAN.png

It fills the hangar completely. Two and a half 14400 tanks long, surrounded completely with Mk0 LF tanks. It brought the hangar's total mass from about fifty tons to nearly four hundred. If you can show me a need for more capacity than that, I want you to.

23 hours ago, 0111narwhalz said:

It fills the hangar completely. Two and a half 14400 tanks long, surrounded completely with Mk0 LF tanks. It brought the hangar's total mass from about fifty tons to nearly four hundred. If you can show me a need for more capacity than that, I want you to.

Challenge accepted.  :wink:  I happen to be working on a ship for a grand tour of the OPM system - while using USI-LS.  It's nowhere near done (this version can probably make it to Plock, but the goal is everything), but here's the current design:

http://magehandbook.com/KSP/screenshot5.png

screenshot5.png

Current mass is ~3,100 tons.  Now, storage ratios on the various containers probably need to change, which may affect the mass greatly.  And I haven't designed the landers to go in the hangers hanging off outriggers, which will increase things.

I have yet to decide how I'm going to get it into orbit.  I might build in orbit with EL - or, on the other hand, it's actually got enough thrust in that USI Karberundum Torch to lift off on it's own at the current mass...  So one option would be to stick the whole thing in a fairing hanger and lift off.  :wink: 

Hangar v3.2.1 for KSP 1.2.2 (2016.12.29)

ChangeLog:

Spoiler
  • KIS inventory is now transferred with the kerbals when a ship is stored in a hangar or launched from it.
  • Implemented seamless camera transfer from a hangar to a launched vessel.
  • Fixed mass calculation of stored vessel (issue #177).
  • Made Asteroid Gateway into a Probe Control Point.
  • Corrected density of Fairings panels.
On 12/9/2016 at 6:50 PM, Sharpy said:

You definitely underestimate power of KIS

No EL, just KIS, OSE Workshop and Kontainers:

I'm definitely getting this mod for storage of assorted vehicles manufactured and KIS-constructed in the Gilly base.

@allista: you might want to edit the first post. The download links are hopelessly outdated.

And also @smunisto, you may be interested in my new mod here:

Hey, love the mod, but I'm having an issue, whenever I launch a rover, something really weird happens... it's like the suspension has no dampening... and almost like gravity is at 50%... my rover mushes around springy and bouncy. If I switch to the space center then back again, it's fixed... inconvenient, but not inconvenient enough for me to stop using it.

14 minutes ago, TheKurgan said:

Hey, love the mod, but I'm having an issue, whenever I launch a rover, something really weird happens... it's like the suspension has no dampening... and almost like gravity is at 50%... my rover mushes around springy and bouncy. If I switch to the space center then back again, it's fixed... inconvenient, but not inconvenient enough for me to stop using it.

I encountered this as well, but so far have failed to find a fix. It's somehow connected to colliders and CollisionEnhancer framework inside KSP. What I notice is that if you have a kerbal inside the rover (like Canyon Crawler) and you go EVA, the problem is also fixed (at least as soon as you board back).

So, I'm working on it. And, hopefully, will come up with something.

Ironically, in KSP-0.90 and earlier there was another problem -- the ground hangars somehow didn't have any friction with the wheels -- which was fixed in 1.0 and I've hoped that was the end of it. But, as you can see...

1 hour ago, Stone Blue said:

Worx fine for me... What are you using to extract it?.... I'm using WinRAR

It's working fine now. First two times I tried to download it I only got a 6 and 10 meg file, this time it was the full 26 and opened with no problem.

Just a momentary Spacedock glitch I guess...

Hey allista

I have an issue with my asteroid mining base, which uses the equipment you provide.

Im using Version 3.2.1 of Hangars, a heap of other mods, including USI, KSPIE...

Spoiler

It mines ore perfectly fine, but it creates no room in the asteroid. It stays on available volume 0L. 

hMWjctD.jpg

And if i try to add a tank to it (clicking on the type selector), the tank edit window goes blank while throwing an ArgumentNullException

KSnCsJa.jpg

Here's a link to the log file on dropbox:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gd9cmygoxevf6k1/output_log.txt?dl=0

As it seems it has something to do with AT_Utils

Spoiler

This is the block which is spammed repeatedly:

ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.
Parameter name: key
  at System.Collections.Generic.SortedList`2[System.String,AT_Utils.SwitchableTankType].TryGetValue (System.String key, AT_Utils.SwitchableTankType& value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at AT_Utils.SwitchableTankType.GetTankTypeInfo (System.String tank_type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at AT_Utils.SwitchableTankManager.add_tank_gui () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at AT_Utils.SwitchableTankManager.TanksManagerGUI (Int32 windowId) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (Int32 windowID) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

Any Ideas as to why it behaves this way?

Thx in advance

Haifi

Edited by Haifi

So I'm trying to excavate an asteroid, I've got tons of radiators on my asteroid mining factory, but it still gets terribly hot and stops doing anything. Either I'm doing something wrong or the thermal code on this thing is seriously broken. Can anyone give me a few pointers?

@Haifi: Having the same Problem here. I'm also using ART, which also has trouble with the tanks, does it perchance have similar dependencies?

Edited by drdeath

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.