[1.9-1.10] Hangar

allista

[b]Do you use the [u]Desaturated Texture Pack?[/u][/b]  

326 members have voted

1. 1. [b]Do you use the [u]Desaturated Texture Pack?[/u][/b]

• Yes, the grey textures are more stock-like
    • No, the green-orange textures are fine

35 minutes ago, Esendis said:

I picked a hell of a time to start a new game...

I don't have any old saves so no old asteroids and the new ones can't stay in one shape with the asteroid fix. 

Any suggestions so i can get rolling again with an asteroid hangar?

Are you sure the fix is installed properly? Latest AT_Utils + MM + stock asteroids. Because I'm not seeing the shape shifting on my install.

Anyway, we all have to wait until Squad makes new release; as I said earlier, this bug affects more than just asteroids.

Im having an issue with Kerbal Foundries tracks in KSP 1.3.1. They appear way bigger in the hangar than they are in game. I use a lot of mods so I clean reinstaled only the latest KF and the latest Hangar with Module Manager 2.8.1 and tried again with same results. The issue happens with all of the track kind "wheel".

Spoiler

rCKdbyi.png

fN5Hv7r.png

F1VhOYN.png

Simply try to load a vessel with tracks inside a hangar and see it's huge model.

9 hours ago, Riurik said:

Im having an issue with Kerbal Foundries tracks in KSP 1.3.1. They appear way bigger in the hangar than they are in game. I use a lot of mods so I clean reinstaled only the latest KF and the latest Hangar with Module Manager 2.8.1 and tried again with same results. The issue happens with all of the track kind "wheel".

Hide contents

rCKdbyi.png

fN5Hv7r.png

F1VhOYN.png

Simply try to load a vessel with tracks inside a hangar and see it's huge model.

Noted. I'll look at the KF models/parts, but my first guess is that they use some kind of model scale multiplier the the Hangar does not take into account.

7 minutes ago, Riurik said:

I had the feeling I fit vessels with tracks in hangars before, so I just tried Hangar 3.3.2 and it work perfectly fine, the traks fits it real size inside the hangar. I hope that help you find the problem.

That pretty much narrows it down, thanks.

On 11/28/2017 at 10:21 PM, allista said:

Are you sure the fix is installed properly? Latest AT_Utils + MM + stock asteroids. Because I'm not seeing the shape shifting on my install.

Anyway, we all have to wait until Squad makes new release; as I said earlier, this bug affects more than just asteroids.

Stock asteroids? Guessing that RoverDude's ART doesn't qualify as stock... Decisions decisions...

Thanks for the quick reply :)

4 hours ago, DualDesertEagle said:

Sounds and looks like a fine addition to my game but since I can't upgrade from 1.0.2 I hae to ask "does the mod still support 1.0.2?"

1.0.x? Almost certainly not. You'll have to dig deep in the GH release history, and many of the modern features will be missing or embryonic. Don't expect support.

1 hour ago, 0111narwhalz said:

Have you lost access to your Steam or KSPStore account? In that case you should go to those support channels.

I have the standalone version. Someday my e-mail-address that I also used for the purchase simply stopped working for some reason. I've already settled with buying the game again when I finally have a proper PC again.

19 hours ago, DualDesertEagle said:

Sounds and looks like a fine addition to my game but since I can't upgrade from 1.0.2 I hae to ask "does the mod still support 1.0.2?"

See the changes page at SpaceDock. I don't remember how far the version history goes there. Or try GitHub, as @0111narwhalz suggests.

As a last resort, I may have even older release archives on my hard drive, need to check this, though.

Hey @allista,
Foremost, thank you for the great mod, it really enriches the gameplay. Seems like this is recurring problem - vessel does not fit even if vehicle dimensions as reported by Hangar are smaller than the size of the hangar (as reported by Hangar). Also, there's an odd point in the wireframe which is significantly off of the percepted vessel shape.
Another odd thing is that I've chosen the size of the hangar so that this vessel fit into it, but since then seems like I've upgraded the mod (or KSP, 1.3.0 -> 1.3.1). 
Any advice? Even maybe particular place in the code I should look into? I'm currently setting up all the dependencies to be able to build debug version.

The vessel:

Spoiler

IVe7Q4o.png

The hangar:

Spoiler

9CuKWCv.png

23 minutes ago, whale_2 said:

Hey @allista,
Foremost, thank you for the great mod, it really enriches the gameplay. Seems like this is recurring problem - vessel does not fit even if vehicle dimensions as reported by Hangar are smaller than the size of the hangar (as reported by Hangar). Also, there's an odd point in the wireframe which is significantly off of the percepted vessel shape.
Another odd thing is that I've chosen the size of the hangar so that this vessel fit into it, but since then seems like I've upgraded the mod (or KSP, 1.3.0 -> 1.3.1). 
Any advice? Even maybe particular place in the code I should look into? I'm currently setting up all the dependencies to be able to build debug version.

This looks to be the same problem as with Kerbal Foundries tractors. Compared to v1.3.0 the Metric class in AT_Utils (which calculates the dimensions and convex hull of the vessel) started to include both MeshFilter and SkinnedMeshRenderer in calculation. So the bug is probably there.

I see the vessel that you're trying to pack into hangar is all (or almost) stock. Could you share the .craft file so that I could test the code with it?

1 hour ago, allista said:

This looks to be the same problem as with Kerbal Foundries tractors. Compared to v1.3.0 the Metric class in AT_Utils (which calculates the dimensions and convex hull of the vessel) started to include both MeshFilter and SkinnedMeshRenderer in calculation. So the bug is probably there.

I see the vessel that you're trying to pack into hangar is all (or almost) stock. Could you share the .craft file so that I could test the code with it?

It has some IR actuators and trusses, lights from B9 and SDHI.
Here's the link: https://kerbalx.com/whale2/3d-printer or https://kerbalx.com/download/craft/36286
*EDIT (The second link does not open in case you're not logged in on KerbalX)

Edited by whale_2
Fixed the link

• 2 weeks later...

For what it's worth, I've got one of these too:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1yu0zil2a1u288e/screenshot98.png?dl=0

Made me laugh a bit when I realized it was including the deployed antenna (from DMagic Orbital Science) in the calculations. Needless to say, the vessel is NOT that big.

I can give you the vessel itself to test if you want, but with all the mod parts I have, it's probably easier to download DOS yourself and use the "Undersized Signals Intelligence Satellite" on... pretty much anything.

I'm having a strange issue with the stock short Mk 2 cargo bay. Everything works as intended, but when I launch a vessel from the hangar it completely refills the fuel on the mothership. I've used the fairing hangars so far in this save with no trouble.

The only mod I can think might be interfering is KSP Interstellar Extended, as it adds a radiator functionality to the cargo bay doors, so it's modifying the same config as Hangar is.

Any ideas?

Edit: The inline hangar is now doing the same thing...

Edited by FirroSeranel

• 3 weeks later...

So so SO glad you made this mod, Allista; my no-I-can't-do-things-the-smart-way gazillion-part multimission launches now run on our 'gaming' computer like a three-legged dog, rather than a no-legged dog having epileptic convulsions - a tremendous improvement!

Now if you could just write a mod that would add some RAM to the computer...  =)

Sorry if this has been answered before, but for the inline hangar, how does the scale of the hangar affect what docking ports can be used? I have a small ship with a bunch of scientific instruments that I want to be able to dock to the hangar itself, but the inline hangar is of size 1.6 or 1.7 so im not sure what docking port to use on the small ship

Haven't played in a couple months, so I updated everything and fired KSP up. It looks like no matter what I put in the inline hangar fairing, when I try to jettison the payload, nothing comes out. I have used hangar forever, it's not a problem with the object not fitting; it's clearly there in the VAB. Is this a known issue? I saw some perhaps-relevant discussion a page back, but I'm using hangar 3.3.3 and I'm still having the issue.

edit: it looks like the craft shows up on the map view, and can be switched to from there, it just doesn't seem to show up visually, and can't be cycled through with the usual square bracket keybinding right when it is jettisoned.

Edited by drhay53

• 3 weeks later...
On 22.12.2017 at 8:14 AM, FirroSeranel said:

I'm having a strange issue with the stock short Mk 2 cargo bay. Everything works as intended, but when I launch a vessel from the hangar it completely refills the fuel on the mothership. I've used the fairing hangars so far in this save with no trouble.

The only mod I can think might be interfering is KSP Interstellar Extended, as it adds a radiator functionality to the cargo bay doors, so it's modifying the same config as Hangar is.

Any ideas?

Edit: The inline hangar is now doing the same thing...

Try "Disable Crossfeed" option before activating hangar in flight, got the same issue