allista

[b]Do you use the [u]Desaturated Texture Pack?[/u][/b]  

326 members have voted

1. 1. [b]Do you use the [u]Desaturated Texture Pack?[/u][/b]

• Yes, the grey textures are more stock-like
    • No, the green-orange textures are fine

5 hours ago, allista said:

But at the time KIS didn't provide any public API

Where are at least KAS & OSE Workshop mods that do manipulate KIS items... So there must be some sort of interface to do so. It may be undocumented, but since it's open-source (and there are at least 2 open-source examples already using it) - nothing is impossible, just a matter of some unpaid work.

5 hours ago, allista said:

Some way to query other part modules if the part is used in some way that prevents it too be also used as an assembly/construction space...

Add a boolean to hangar object properties that describes if it is now used for construction, and as such cannot be used for storage, and a check for it and for a condition there you try to start construction in a hangar that is already used for storage... The only thing that I don't see clearly is how to capture an event of "starting construction" from another mod and to reject that action based on a custom check ("sorry, this hangar have no space for construction" exception) or just set hangar_busy_flag mentioned above to true. (I'm still thinking of a compatible way to make hangars work with different construction mods. Nothing is impossible.)

UPD: If there is a way to add\remove modules to part "on the fly" than it is as simple as this: On a gui button - check if hangar is empty, add EL launcpad to it. On a second button - remove EL launchpad from part if there is no construction ongoing. And for storage purposes the flag is already there - if there is EL launchpad you can't store ships. KISS way to support ELP.

Edited by M443556
UPD

@allista, thank you for looking into it.

I opened issue #214 in Hangar's github page. I attached a ZIP file to the issue containing the SFS files you requested. I install mods manually. So when I tried to use CKAN, it won't include my installed mods when generating an export file.

Here is the screenshot of the Gateway PAWS...

Kw9S0yB.png

Hello @allista

In order to replicate/report a bug that I have in "The KSP Interstellar Proxima Centauri Challenge"

I will try to describe here all the steps - in a short version of my installation to replicate the Bug:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/42j3l8q61u0exr7/AAC6m7-o0bsK4Hm6wI5yuzvPa?dl=0

FILE: How-to-Install-it.txt

For KSP 1.8.1 - Install
-----------------------

1st Step install all these mods using CKAN with this file: installed_mods-interstellar.ckan
2nd Copy *.craft TO "Kerbal Space Program\saves\[your save sandbox]\Ships\VAB"
3th Unzip GameData.zip to "Kerbal Space Program\GameData" (this will overwrite some files)

Replicating the 1st Bug:
Try to load this SpaceShip(Alfa-BW-163B3.craft) inside "Alfa1_8StellarShuttle-v5-9Fx.craft" hangar

FVi2V3e.png

NOTEs:
-----------------------

• "Alfa1_8StellarShuttle-v5-9Fx" with HANGAR: "Alfa-BW-163B3" inside
  • "Alfa-BW-163B3" with container and inside have: "Alfa_AssemblyLine2"

FINAL CHECK when doing:
-----------------------
K:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData>dir /B >lista

Should have the same result as file: "lista"

Thanks in advance!

Edited by pmborg

Fresh off my 1st Global Construction shipyard, a Hangar/GC/Opt/SSPXR construction ship :)

It's actually 2 ships. The aft/engineering module can undock and employ those Dark Drive engines to capture asteroids. It is also equipped with drills and cargo tanks to do initial mining of ore.

Afterwards, it can rejoin the main module (Hangar, Assembly, Workshop) and bring everything to the captured asteroid to develop it; build and attach an Asteroid Mining module and eventually a Gateway module to convert the asteroid into a space station.

Z5kG2YW.png

Version 3.5.0 for Kerbal Space Program 1.8.1

Released on 2019-12-21

• Magnetic Dampers
    • All hangars except for VTOL and fairings now have the ATMagneticDamper module.
    • It can be switched on/off even remotely.
    • Its attenuation can also be changed in PAW in flight.
    • Orbital hangars also have attractors, i.e. they not only damp velocity of vessels within their premises, but can also pull them in and dock them inside automatically.
    • The polarity of the attractor could be changed remotely, so a vessel launched from an orbital hangar can order the hangar to push it slowly outside. Much like with the "Launch with Punch" option, but the vessel is physically controlled all the way by the hangar.
    • Damper works in Time Warp, so a vessel that is left inside the hangar's docking space will not fly though its walls anymore.
    • The damper is controlled by the hangar in that it is automatically activated on launch and, in case of the orbital hangars, on hangar activation. This helps a lot with launching heavy-with-many-parts rovers and planes that tend to jump on their wheels and explode. Should also help with sliding issues mentioned on the forum.
  • Hagar window remembers its visibility per vessel.
  • When Configurable Containers are installed, the Universal Fuel Tank is added to fuel tanks. It is basically the Procedural Adapter with Tank Manager and LFO tanks by default.
  • Rover Lander and Mk3 Hangar both spawn vessels at the floor now. No more falling from the center of the hangar.
  • Updated the Square Heatshields' configs to be more stock-like
  • Moved Square Heatshields to Thermal category
  • Moved non-ground and non-inflatible hangars to Payload category
  • Fixed the problem with Hangar Gateway that was missing the storage in mined asteroids after game reloading or vessel switching (found by @bcqJC).
  • Fixed the problem with exploding vessels, when launched in very tight quarters, i.e. with some parts of the launched vessel mere centimeters away from the hangar walls.
  • Fixed directions of RCS plumes on the Hangar Gateway
  • Fixed costs of square heatshield
  • Fixed the problem with automatic game saves before vessel spawning.
  • Various fixes and adaptations to AT_Utils API changes.

Download 

Here's a little demonstration on twitch. No time for proper video, sorry.

Hello @allista,

There is something wrong with the Hangar anchor, is not working and the hangar just move way on the ground...

I found a good solution for this that I am using it, I just would like to share with you:

If you add this module to your hangar, the problem is solved :) I am using it :)

Solution1:

MODULE
                {
                    name = USI_InertialDampener
                }

Solution2: (allow lock & unlock in context menu)

MODULE
                {
                    name = ModuleWeightDistributor
                    isEnabled = True
                    transferEnabled = True
                    stagingEnabled = True
                }
                MODULE
                {
                    isEnabled = True
                    isActive = True
                    stagingEnabled = True
                }

I saved a video of 1minute to show this:

- the problem and then the fix.

Edited by pmborg

21 hours ago, pmborg said:

Hello @allista,

There is something wrong with the Hangar anchor, is not working and the hangar just move way on the ground...

I found a good solution for this that I am using it, I just would like to share with you:

If you add this module to your hangar, the problem is solved :) I am using it :)

MODULE
                {
                    name = ModuleWeightDistributor
                    isEnabled = True
                    transferEnabled = True
                    stagingEnabled = True
                }
                MODULE
                {
                    isEnabled = True
                    isActive = True
                    stagingEnabled = True
                }

I saved a video of 1minute to show this:

- the problem and then the fix.

Thanks for the report. This is obviously a regression that should be easy to fix.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/23/2019 at 4:28 AM, pmborg said:

Found out today that QuantumStruts has an undocumented feature... You can point them to the ground and use them as anchors. Just remember the following:

• In the VAB/SPH, set the initial state of the QS that you want to use as anchors as "deactivated".
  • In Action Groups, assign the "deactivate" action of the anchors to the Landing Gear group. This will prevent your ship from being torn apart if you extend the landing gear (from a retracted state of course) and the QS "anchors" are active.
    • Conversely, if you retract the landing gear while the QS "anchors" are active, your ship will remain suspended mid-air as the landing gears are retracted.

Hopefully, this undocumented feature of QS doesn't get "fixed". It's a nice feature especially when parking a ship on a slope.

1 hour ago, bcqJC said:

Found out today that QuantumStruts has an undocumented feature... You can point them to the ground and use them as anchors. Just remember the following:

• In the VAB/SPH, set the initial state of the QS that you want to use as anchors as "deactivated".
  • In Action Groups, assign the "deactivate" action of the anchors to the Landing Gear group. This will prevent your ship from being torn apart if you extend the landing gear (from a retracted state of course) and the QS "anchors" are active.
    • Conversely, if you retract the landing gear while the QS "anchors" are active, your ship will remain suspended mid-air as the landing gears are retracted.

Hopefully, this undocumented feature of QS doesn't get "fixed". It's a nice feature especially when parking a ship on a slope.

Hello, thanks for your hint, it's always good to see other ways to do it.

The solution that I mentioned also above work very well, you see it here: at 22:00

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Has anyone else had any trouble with this mod on 1.9? I have the latest version installed on 1.9 and the hangar components just don't show up as being interact-able at all and there isn't a hangar mod button in the VAB. Looks like the game just doesn't register the mod is there, other than the parts being included without functionality. Am i out of luck until the developer updates it ti 1.9? Kudos on the great mod btw!

edit:I fixed the problem, the ckan installation was missing some files, redownloading from spacedock brought back all the functionality

Edited by bdole92
Fixed the bug i previously reported

Hello @allista long time we don't change msg :)

[1] After that version of the craft I replaced the already created Kit Container with a solution that uses the extra-planetary launch pad to create the kit container in a jr dock.

Which allow it to create a colony.

[2] Then I also added guns ...

• 2 months later...
9 hours ago, The Space Man said:

Is there a patch to make B9 HX or OPT cargo pieces work as hangars?

Don't know about HX, but the OPT is being remade (not by me) with the plans to add Hangar functionality. But that's still in the future, because OPT parts are a mess.

I'd love this mod if the parts were stocklike, for the moment I can't justify putting them on my ships because they have a very different aestethic.

Some of them seem like they would look way better if they were scaled down 800% because the parts on them lack complexity.
Maybe they would also look better if you introduced depth/grey lines to the big white flat surfaces.
Some of them also have things like have bright 'lamps' where the RGB values seem to be just (255,0,0), they look very out of place.

Edited by Rodonies

Hi! I created an account just to ask this. Thanks for the amazing mod by the way, I am always looking at how to reduce part counts as I do go very crazy on my builds.

I realised that my MK II cargo bay ie the SSTO kind felt like when I opened the bay doors and put my parts into the MK II cargo bay like vanilla, it some how acts like its closed and the parts circles around the cargo bay.

EDIT: Okay I dug into your changelogs and apparently its the same issue that Errol talked about which you patched at version 2.2.1. Yeap it resurfaces for me again.

Thanks

Edited by Jayz07

• 1 month later...

I'm having an odd bug that I don't understand whats causing it. This mod adds a new part that is what I added onto my ship, the first time I've ever had this bug. I build the ship, my tanks are all normal and such. I hit Ctrl Z to undo something, or load my ship from save, or launch the ship, and all the tanks get reduced to 9x less storage capacity. Not emptied, but the max capacity goes down 9 times the size making it impossible to launch anything. All I did was a teeny tiny launch pod at the top for a mini satellite.

unknown.png

This is before I added all the other ship parts and stuff. My mod list if it helps. https://pastebin.com/tnEJ4VPZ

Also a suggestion for this. An option that makes it auto deploy all antenna, and another option to deploy solar panels upon opening the fairing. That way the antenna get auto deployed once it opens up.