[1.9-1.10] Hangar

allista

[b]Do you use the [u]Desaturated Texture Pack?[/u][/b]  

326 members have voted

1. 1. [b]Do you use the [u]Desaturated Texture Pack?[/u][/b]

• Yes, the grey textures are more stock-like
    • No, the green-orange textures are fine

Haven't put in some 1.10 play time.  I found an issue while launching 1.10.  The affected part is Hangar\Parts\SmallHangar\Hangar1, module ModuleDeployableSolarPanel.

To get past 1.10 hanging during startup, I created the following patch in GameData\__LOCAL - so that it is executed last and is separate from the mod folder.

• @PART[Hangar1]
    {
        !MODULE[ModuleDeployableSolarPanel] { }
    }

The patch gets rid of ModuleDeployableSolarPanel from the part.

SimpleLogistics is also similarly affected and I posted there as well.

I don't use Ground Hangars in my games so getting rid of the offending module in 1 part is not an issue for me.

@allista...  I'm running 1.10.  Just paid a visit to my Mun base made from a VTOL Hangar.  No explosions, no krakens.  TCA has some Nullrefs in the log but it's not spam level.  I did crash and exploded on the 1st try to land but that was me messing around with the Collision Prevention System.

So far, Hangar is OK with 1.10.  Will try deploying some satellites using my radial hangar equipped SSTOs later.

Version 3.6.0 for Kerbal Space Program 1.9.1

Released on 2020-07-05

• Fairings
    • Added Jettison Power PAW control to be able to change both jettison force, torque and launch velocity of the payload in flight.
    • Added Debris Destruction In PAW control that, if set to a values greater than zero, arms delayed action demolition charges in fairing debris (including the base, if it's not attached to anything).
    • Disabling relevant Decouplers and other PAW controls after jettisoning.
    • Added hibernation to command modules
    • If fairings has other parts attached to it, these parts are now jettisoned with limited force 3 seconds before the payload is jettisoned (to avoid collisions with the debris, while not launching them into the Sun).
    • Improved and fixed box fairings model, decreased its jettison force
    • Many fixes to the jettison logic, including CoM changes, linear and angular impulse conservation and others.
  • Allowing to change the aspect ratio of the Small VTOL Hangar

Download (30.19 MiB) 

Version 3.6.0.1 for Kerbal Space Program 1.10

Released on 2020-07-05

• Compiled and tested for KSP-1.10
  • Fixed solar panel config of the Small Ground Hangar

Download (30.19 MiB) 

@bcqJC you may remove your patch. The problem was with the useAnimator setting which is now required to be set to false when there's no animation.

@allista, I just had a chance to use version 3.6.0.1 in KSP 1.10 and encountered an issue. I can't add ships to the hangar in the Editor. When I try to add ships, nothing happens when I click on Load after I select a ship.

The good news is there is a workaround. Subassemblies load fine. Probably because you provided your own window to load them up instead of using the stock window like in loading ships.

Here are the logs...  https://www.dropbox.com/s/sgpkqeowglkmjck/log20200707.zip?dl=0

Edited by bcqJC
typo

4 minutes ago, bcqJC said:

@allista, I just had a chance to use version 3.6.0.1 and encountered and issue. I can't add ships to the hangar in the Editor. When I try to add ships, nothing happens when I click on Load after I select a ship.

The good news is there is a workaround. Subassemblies load fine. Probably because you provided your own window to load them up instead of using the stock window like in loading ships.

Here are the logs...  https://www.dropbox.com/s/sgpkqeowglkmjck/log20200707.zip?dl=0

Thanks!

There's an NRE in the callback of the CraftBrowserDialog. Need to investigate this...

Spoiler

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at KSP.UI.Screens.CraftBrowserDialog.onPipelineFinished (ConfigNode n, KSP.UI.Screens.CraftEntry sItem, KSP.UI.Screens.CraftBrowserDialog+LoadType loadType) [0x0005b] in <c168e21ec56346b082f89043e76162e1>:0 
  at KSP.UI.Screens.CraftBrowserDialog+<>c__DisplayClass126_0.<pipeSelectedItem>b__0 (ConfigNode n) [0x00000] in <c168e21ec56346b082f89043e76162e1>:0 
  at KSPUpgradePipeline.Process (ConfigNode n, System.String saveName, SaveUpgradePipeline.LoadContext loadContext, Callback`1[T] onSucceed, Callback`2[T,U] onFail) [0x00142] in <c168e21ec56346b082f89043e76162e1>:0 
  at KSP.UI.Screens.CraftBrowserDialog.pipeSelectedItem (KSP.UI.Screens.CraftEntry sItem, KSP.UI.Screens.CraftBrowserDialog+LoadType loadType) [0x00033] in <c168e21ec56346b082f89043e76162e1>:0 
  at KSP.UI.Screens.CraftBrowserDialog.ConfirmLoadCraft () [0x00068] in <c168e21ec56346b082f89043e76162e1>:0 
  at KSP.UI.Screens.CraftBrowserDialog.onButtonLoad () [0x00055] in <c168e21ec56346b082f89043e76162e1>:0 

On 7/7/2020 at 5:03 PM, allista said:

Thanks!

There's an NRE in the callback of the CraftBrowserDialog. Need to investigate this...

Hide contents

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at KSP.UI.Screens.CraftBrowserDialog.onPipelineFinished (ConfigNode n, KSP.UI.Screens.CraftEntry sItem, KSP.UI.Screens.CraftBrowserDialog+LoadType loadType) [0x0005b] in <c168e21ec56346b082f89043e76162e1>:0 
  at KSP.UI.Screens.CraftBrowserDialog+<>c__DisplayClass126_0.<pipeSelectedItem>b__0 (ConfigNode n) [0x00000] in <c168e21ec56346b082f89043e76162e1>:0 
  at KSPUpgradePipeline.Process (ConfigNode n, System.String saveName, SaveUpgradePipeline.LoadContext loadContext, Callback`1[T] onSucceed, Callback`2[T,U] onFail) [0x00142] in <c168e21ec56346b082f89043e76162e1>:0 
  at KSP.UI.Screens.CraftBrowserDialog.pipeSelectedItem (KSP.UI.Screens.CraftEntry sItem, KSP.UI.Screens.CraftBrowserDialog+LoadType loadType) [0x00033] in <c168e21ec56346b082f89043e76162e1>:0 
  at KSP.UI.Screens.CraftBrowserDialog.ConfirmLoadCraft () [0x00068] in <c168e21ec56346b082f89043e76162e1>:0 
  at KSP.UI.Screens.CraftBrowserDialog.onButtonLoad () [0x00055] in <c168e21ec56346b082f89043e76162e1>:0 

Was just coming to report the above myself - good to know it's not some weird mod interaction bug. Unless it is - I've got so much stuff loaded from 1.9.1 that's mostly working fine...

33 minutes ago, etmoonshade said:

Was just coming to report the above myself - good to know it's not some weird mod interaction bug. Unless it is - I've got so much stuff loaded from 1.9.1 that's mostly working fine...

I've already found a fix.

It's actually a Squad's bug, not mine :rolleyes:

Some good came out from the bug.  Now that I've been forced to use sub-assemblies, I found out that instead of creating tanker ships, I can cram my SSTO Hangar with a bunch of cargo container sub-assemblies and haul lots of material. 

I still need a pair of external CC tanks that are partitioned to carry all types of resources, in order to facilate transfers/unloading of material since I can't transfer stuff directly to/from hangar cargo.  When the external tanks are emptied, I just refill them from the hangar cargo using the "Transfer resource" function of the hangar.  And once all the cargo sub-assemblies are empty, I can launch them so that nearby Workshops can recycle them.

Less part count = smoother gameplay.

If I want additional crew space, I can put a docking port inside the hangar and attach a crew module in the empty space ;)  I know that's already abusing Hangar.  But please, pleeease, don't kill that feature.

I actually DO have an apparent bug to report - probably another Squad bug really.

I recently finished a "return this part from orbit" contract. Moved the part into the hangar bay (why are Mk3 bays release-only? I had to rebuild that spaceplane :( ) and landed. Recovered the spacecraft, and the contract didn't complete.

I imagine releasing the part from the hangar, switching to it, and recovering it would work fine, but that also sounds like a recipe for a kraken attack (or the bay simply reabsorbing the part every time I try to release it, instead of it sitting there so I can try to switch to it.)

Is there a way to make it so recovering the craft with the part inside the hangar properly reports that part as recovered?

Edited by etmoonshade

9 minutes ago, etmoonshade said:

why are Mk3 bays release-only

Hm... there was a non-technical reason behind it, but currently I don't actually think this a good idea anymore. I'd still left them one-ship-only, but definitely reusable.

11 minutes ago, etmoonshade said:

Recovered the spacecraft, and the contract didn't complete.
Is there a way to make it so recovering the craft with the part inside the hangar properly reports that part as recovered?

That's not a bug, but a decent feature request. I'm not sure if there's a way, but I'll try to find one.

12 minutes ago, etmoonshade said:

but that also sounds like a recipe for a kraken attack (or the bay simply reabsorbing the part every time I try to release it, instead of it sitting there so I can try to switch to it.)

Now that, if you describing what was happening, does look like a bug.

1. the spawned part should be perfectly safe from kraken; this bit is tested extensively

2. the hangar should deactivate itself upon spawning the content, so it shouldn't re-capture it until you activate it through the UI

3. switching is a different matter; you cannot switch to an uncontrollable part, and if the part is considerd debris, it may be garbage-collected by KSP during the vessel switch

7 minutes ago, allista said:

Now that, if you describing what was happening, does look like a bug.

1. the spawned part should be perfectly safe from kraken; this bit is tested extensively

2. the hangar should deactivate itself upon spawning the content, so it shouldn't re-capture it until you activate it through the UI

3. switching is a different matter; you cannot switch to an uncontrollable part, and if the part is considerd debris, it may be garbage-collected by KSP during the vessel switch

To be fair, I was describing what I thought would happen there. 1 and 2 is good to hear. 3 sounds like it'd end up being a fail no matter what though, and I guess it makes the feature request a necessity to have Hangar compatibility with the stock contracts.

Quick edit:

"Is there a way to make it so recovering the craft with the part inside the hangar properly reports that part as recovered?"

In case I wasn't clear on this, KSP does recover the part and give funds for it. I assume that bit was extensively tested before release. The problem is that the contract doesn't realize the part's been recovered.

Edited by etmoonshade

6 minutes ago, 0111narwhalz said:

You can't? I swear I've done that regularly. (Usually when testing rocket accelerator cannons with inert slugs.)

I admit, I thought you could too, but it probably shouldn't be that big of a deal - even if you couldn't control it, as long as the kraken doesn't get it you could still go back to the tracking station and recover it that way. Or maybe not actually, since it might not be considered landed if it's loose inside a hangar bay? That's speculation though...

12 hours ago, etmoonshade said:

KSP does recover the part and give funds for it.

No, it does not, as the part doesn't exist at all, while in the hangar. KSP recovers the hangar, which modifies it's mass, cost and science accordingly, so you won't loose these.

12 hours ago, etmoonshade said:

guess it makes the feature request a necessity to have Hangar compatibility with the stock contracts

Indeed it does. I hope it's possible to do.

6 hours ago, 0111narwhalz said:

You can't? I swear I've done that regularly. (Usually when testing rocket accelerator cannons with inert slugs.)

I reckon it depends on vessel type. Previously, when hangar fairings spawned its debris (each a vessel and a part in it's own right) it was possible to switch to them. But not anymore, only to the controllable base.

5 hours ago, etmoonshade said:

you could still go back to the tracking station and recover it that way

Oh, that I have done personally many times.

4 hours ago, 0111narwhalz said:

Craft at rest on top of other landed craft are considered landed, I believe.

I believe it is, at least if it's at rest.

2 hours ago, allista said:

No, it does not, as the part doesn't exist at all, while in the hangar. KSP recovers the hangar, which modifies it's mass, cost and science accordingly, so you won't loose these.

Okay, I probably misread the part list then. This was on a huge spaceplane with a ton of parts, and I thought I'd seen the recovered part in there...

I guess it explains why it didn't finish the contract though. :V

1 hour ago, traisjames said:

Still playing on 1.9, how do I install parts into a Mk3 cargo bay as if the mod was not installed?  I want to install things like science experiments inside of the bay.

Why, is there a problem? The cargo bays still function as in vanilla game: open the gates and place parts inside using surface attachment without symmetry and snapping; or user internal stock nodes.

Does the Asteroid hatch and/or asteroid mining factory prevent a normal drill from working on the asteroid? I haven't used this mod before, and my first attempt with it is on a comet - I figured there might be issues with using the mining factory on a comet, so I brought along some stock drills as well. Now that I'm at the comet, I cant find an option to have the AMF start mining (presumably because its a comet not an asteroid, and it doesn't have a comet mining option) but the normal drills I brought along are deactivating themselves as soon as I try and turn them on. 

I've got the asteroid hatch permanently attached to the comet, with the the AMF attached to the hatch, as it was from the VAB. Haven't tried detaching and reattaching yet, but that's next on my list.

5 hours ago, Tradyk said:

Does the Asteroid hatch and/or asteroid mining factory prevent a normal drill from working on the asteroid? I haven't used this mod before, and my first attempt with it is on a comet - I figured there might be issues with using the mining factory on a comet, so I brought along some stock drills as well. Now that I'm at the comet, I cant find an option to have the AMF start mining (presumably because its a comet not an asteroid, and it doesn't have a comet mining option) but the normal drills I brought along are deactivating themselves as soon as I try and turn them on. 

I've got the asteroid hatch permanently attached to the comet, with the the AMF attached to the hatch, as it was from the VAB. Haven't tried detaching and reattaching yet, but that's next on my list.

The AMF can't operate on a comet, as it explicitly requires the asteroid (that is a part with ModuleAsteroid)  to be attached through the hatch. And the new comets use ModuleComet. Different API.

Aside from that, nothing should prevent the stock drills to operate alongside AMF on a normal asteroid. As to the comets, I don't know if the drills should be able to do something with them; although there's the ModuleCometResource that installs random amount of Ore into a comet as soon as you first make physical contact with it.

UPD: oh, the drills should work on comets; they have the ModuleCometDrill now

Edited by allista

On 7/16/2020 at 1:54 PM, allista said:

Why, is there a problem? The cargo bays still function as in vanilla game: open the gates and place parts inside using surface attachment without symmetry and snapping; or user internal stock nodes.

It would only place surface mount items on top of the hangers and not inside.  To place items on nodes I would have to create the assembly outside of the hanger and then move everything in and attach to the node.  I would share a screenshot but after unrelated issues I updated to 1.10 and now the hangar mod doesnt work at all (parts still load).  Logs at https://www.dropbox.com/s/502rz8xff8xqxqc/Archive.zip?dl=0.  I notice there is something weird near the end dealing with AT_Utils

Edit: go figure, I go back in to look at something else and now hangers work, but back to my original issue.  https://imgur.com/a/mqkv6rF

Edited by traisjames
It started working.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.