allista

[b]Do you use the [u]Desaturated Texture Pack?[/u][/b]  

326 members have voted

1. 1. [b]Do you use the [u]Desaturated Texture Pack?[/u][/b]

• Yes, the grey textures are more stock-like
    • No, the green-orange textures are fine

29 minutes ago, traisjames said:

but back to my original issue.  https://imgur.com/a/mqkv6rF

You have angular snapping (15°) on both screenshots. It prevents the parts from attaching to actual collider surfaces. Hangar had nothing to do with this, it's just how the Editor works. Turn snapping of, then the surface attaching should work as you expect it to.

Derp. I figured out why my drills weren't working - the only ore storage on the ship is the small amount in the AMF. Guessing the AMF's storage tank is only usable by itself, and i forgot to put on extra ore tanks. Woops. :/

Version 3.6.1 for Kerbal Space Program 1.10.0

Released on 2020-07-22

• Squad cargo bays can store a vessel in flight now
  • Asteroid Hatch features new UI from Configurable Containers
  • Fixed ship loading into hangars in editor
  • Fixed HangarWindow not showing/hiding in Editor
  • Using new uGUI dialogs for warnings

Download (30.26 MiB) 

Hello, i would like to report that my game hangs during loading since i installed the previous two versions of Hangar...well since the 1.10 update.I realy love this mod and i have other mods installed. To be honest i am kinda a newbee in this and i don't know how this works...do i have to send you some log files? If yes, then where do i find them? game loads fine with out the mod but hangs while loading "hangar 2" and just sits there while the loading screens change forever...thank you in advance

48 minutes ago, James Kerman said:

Welcome to the forum @Dadolino!

This post explains how to post log files, please remember to post your log files on a service like dropbox or google drive and link to them here as large posts tend to cause page loading issues and make it difficult for mobile users.

Thank you.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LLRc2SNKL5-UYQgkdEQU_zoaKfYfwzw3/view?usp=sharing

this is link to log file

all other mods are the newest versions available.

3 hours ago, Dadolino said:

Load hanging solved by updating TCA so the game loads, but all hangars are unusable in VAB,they have no "open door" or "edit contents" buttons.

You have KSP-1.7.3, which is not compatible with any of the latest version of my mods. My suggestion is to either use CKAN or go to the SpaceDock and manually install the versions that are explicitly marked as made for 1.7.3:

https://spacedock.info/profile/allista

Each mod page has the ChangeLog section that lists all mod versions along with the supported KSP version.

1 minute ago, allista said:

You have KSP-1.7.3, which is not compatible with any of the latest version of my mods. My suggestion is to either use CKAN or go to the SpaceDock and manually install the versions that are explicitly marked as made for 1.7.3:

https://spacedock.info/profile/allista

Each mod page has the ChangeLog section that lists all mod versions along with the supported KSP version.

How is that possible? It's updated steam version here is a screenshot

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1m1krr1dxOW_ZW5qTQ4eLvOqQqbxedfMY/view?usp=sharing

and rightclick menus of some hangars in VAB

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vb5u-BEP71tsiIgbFLaVYAuOj1zN0FRQ/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tpUMwK8TU4be9EfizFyDFEEwb-nLWHOX/view?usp=sharing

Just now, Dadolino said:

Then you've provided an old log file.

The needed one is called Player.log and is located elsewhere:

https://docs.unity3d.com/2019.2/Documentation/Manual/LogFiles.html

4 minutes ago, Dadolino said:

Somehow you don't have the required dlls in GameData/000_AT_Utils/Plugins:

Spoiler

AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'Hangar': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Exception of type 'System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException' was thrown.
Additional information about this exception:
 System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly '002_MultiAnimators, Version=1.2.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.
 System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly '001_AnisotropicPartResizer, Version=1.4.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.
 System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'ConfigurableContainers, Version=2.6.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.
 System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly '001_AnisotropicPartResizer, Version=1.4.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.

What's you install method? CKAN or manual?
In any case, you may just download the latest AT_Utils here:

https://github.com/allista/AT_Utils/releases/download/v1.9.5/AT_Utils-1.9.5.0.zip

And install it manually, overwriting what you have in GameData/000_AT_Utils

25 minutes ago, allista said:

Somehow you don't have the required dlls in GameData/000_AT_Utils/Plugins:

Reveal hidden contents

AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'Hangar': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Exception of type 'System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException' was thrown.
Additional information about this exception:
 System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly '002_MultiAnimators, Version=1.2.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.
 System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'ConfigurableContainers, Version=2.6.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.

What's you install method? CKAN or manual?
In any case, you may just download the latest AT_Utils here:

https://github.com/allista/AT_Utils/releases/download/v1.9.5/AT_Utils-1.9.5.0.zip

And install it manually, overwriting what you have in GameData/000_AT_Utils

ok funktionality of hangars restored :) thank you

I install all mods manualy

Just one thig...on one vessel (which is on its way to Moho ATM) i used Rover Lander which i shrinked a little using Tweak Scale...now it seems it loads in full size on spacecraft, because all the things i attached on it (landing gear,engines,antennas,solar panel etc.) are now inside the RL...i see them attached to "air" inside when i open the gates of RL where they would be if the hangar was the size i made it in VAB

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Tz_u7rwdPBBotWtH6HejtSBADm2gj7RX/view?usp=sharing

20 minutes ago, Dadolino said:

ok funktionality of hangars restored :) thank you

I install all mods manualy

Just one thig...on one vessel (which is on its way to Moho ATM) i used Rover Lander which i shrinked a little using Tweak Scale...now it seems it loads in full size on spacecraft, because all the things i attached on it (landing gear,engines,antennas,solar panel etc.) are now inside the RL...i see them attached to "air" inside when i open the gates of RL where they would be if the hangar was the size i made it in VAB

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Tz_u7rwdPBBotWtH6HejtSBADm2gj7RX/view?usp=sharing

Ah, a pity. Hangar doesn't support TweakScale since it has its own rescaler built in; the reason being that hangars need the ability to change aspect ratio (inline hangars, for example), which TweakScale does not provide. Next time use hangar's own rescale slider in part menu (don't know how to distinguish them; never played with TweakScale actually).

And if you want that Rover Lander fixed, you may manually edit the .sfs file; you share it here, I'll set the scale myself, since I know where to do it.

Just now, allista said:

Ah, a pity. Hangar doesn't support TweakScale since it has its own rescaler built in; the reason being that hangars need the ability to change aspect ratio (inline hangars, for example), which TweakScale does not provide. Next time use hangar's own rescale slider in part menu (don't know how to distinguish them; never played with TweakScale actually).

And if you want that Rover Lander fixed, you may manually edit the .sfs file; you share it here, I'll set the scale myself, since I know where to do it.

Thanks man, you rock...and i love the mod

Turns out the savefile must have been corrupted or something...i loaded older savegame ( 1 ingame hour older) and the RL is just nice and dandy flying to MOHO in correct size :) yehea!!! The insides are still showing empty but i think that's normal,right? i will see my rover when ( if ) i land that thing on Moho...?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nTIuhk4MFLoVrsIxx8Jhr2r_sBvYyZqV/view?usp=sharing

Anyhoo thanks a bunch for helping me this far and for your time...cheers man

Speaking of aspect ratios, a feature request - can you add the ability to modify the aspect ratio of the rover lander? I have a... rather large rover that requires a size 77 rover lander to fit. It's mostly an issue with wasted vertical space, although I'd love to be able to narrow it as well.

Of course, if you look at the screenshots, I think I have a minor problem to overcome even if I was able to modify the aspect ratio in this case... :V

Screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/yIWRg56

1 hour ago, Dadolino said:

The insides are still showing empty but i think that's normal,right? i will see my rover when ( if ) i land that thing on Moho...?

You'll see it when you "launch" it from the hangar (not necessarily landed, you may do it in orbit). It is spawned inside; then you can activate the hangar again to "dock" it inside again (at this moment it'll disappear again).

9 minutes ago, etmoonshade said:

Speaking of aspect ratios, a feature request - can you add the ability to modify the aspect ratio of the rover lander? I have a... rather large rover that requires a size 77 rover lander to fit. It's mostly an issue with wasted vertical space, although I'd love to be able to narrow it as well.

Of course, if you look at the screenshots, I think I have a minor problem to overcome even if I was able to modify the aspect ratio in this case... :V

Screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/yIWRg56

Alas, no: since the resize is actually a coordinate transformation, it'll mess the door opening animation -- the doors will start to stretch and shrink while rotating. Nothing physically wrong with this, but extremely not pretty to the eye :confused:

But you may use the box fairings which does have anisotropic rescaling.

4 minutes ago, allista said:

But you may use the box fairings which does have anisotropic rescaling.

Hm. Is the box fairing suitable for landing like the rover lander itself? I've never actually used that one, but that sounds like a good solution if it'll handle being put down on the Mun or something.

1 minute ago, etmoonshade said:

Hm. Is the box fairing suitable for landing like the rover lander itself? I've never actually used that one, but that sounds like a good solution if it'll handle being put down on the Mun or something.

Well, it's a sturdy box; you can drop it from orbit on chutes for that matter.

The Rover Lander differs in that it can take the payload back. And it has integrated fuel tanks, reaction wheel and such.

Just now, allista said:

Well, it's a sturdy box; you can drop it from orbit on chutes for that matter.

The Rover Lander differs in that it can take the payload back. And it has integrated fuel tanks, reaction wheel and such.

Fair enough. I'll bet it's also not a 100k tons at size 77 either. :D

(fake edit: Nope, looks like it's more like 4.6k tons at size 93, and that's loaded with roughly 3.1k already. Much more reasonable! Interesting that the required sizes are different though... probably because of a different starting size?)

I just had a weird bug - when I landed my rover lander and went to launch my rover, I saw the rover as it should be for a couple of seconds, while it was loading, and then the rover cab itself disappeared. After that point, the rover was completely uninteractable, whenever I tried to right click it or any of its components, the right click went through it to click the hangar itself. 

Funny thing is, earlier I'd loaded basically the same rover with no issues - I realised I'd forgotten a science can, reverted the mission, added the science can and reloaded it into the hangar, and repeated the mission. But now its wigging out.

Log link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aO_C8UT8Bu06vStNG3_9IUnfj1nd-yCg/view?usp=sharing

25 minutes ago, Tradyk said:

I just had a weird bug - when I landed my rover lander and went to launch my rover, I saw the rover as it should be for a couple of seconds, while it was loading, and then the rover cab itself disappeared. After that point, the rover was completely uninteractable, whenever I tried to right click it or any of its components, the right click went through it to click the hangar itself. 

Funny thing is, earlier I'd loaded basically the same rover with no issues - I realised I'd forgotten a science can, reverted the mission, added the science can and reloaded it into the hangar, and repeated the mission. But now its wigging out.

Log link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aO_C8UT8Bu06vStNG3_9IUnfj1nd-yCg/view?usp=sharing

Something very weird is going on there.

A lot of WARNINGS from TweakScale upon launch, some NullReferenceExceptions from MKS.

And a lot of exceptions while in editor loading the rover mk2

And right after each launch the rover is destroyed:

[F: 3821073]: Vessel rover mk3 crashed through terrain on Mun.

I think it might be something to do with the positioning of the solar panel on the mk3. I'd turned it so it partially clipped through part of the cab, so when it deployed it would lie parallel to the ground, along the length of the rover. I removed that panel, and redid it with a few surface mounted flat panels, and it's launching fine now. I'm guessing the 'dont interact with own vessel' option doesnt apply when its loading in from the hangar, or something like that?

Do you want me to load the log from loading the mk4, just for comparison's sake?

2 minutes ago, Tradyk said:

I think it might be something to do with the positioning of the solar panel on the mk3. I'd turned it so it partially clipped through part of the cab, so when it deployed it would lie parallel to the ground, along the length of the rover. I removed that panel, and redid it with a few surface mounted flat panels, and it's launching fine now. I'm guessing the 'dont interact with own vessel' option doesnt apply when its loading in from the hangar, or something like that?

Don't know; but if you could recreate the issue with stock/expansion parts and share the save, I'd work on it.

21 hours ago, allista said:

Something very weird is going on there.

A lot of WARNINGS from TweakScale upon launch, some NullReferenceExceptions from MKS.

Yep. It's not the first time this thingy bites TweakScake. From the logs, all that warnings you are seeing are about the same part, the M2X.FF5WayRCS:

[TweakScale] WARNING: TweakScale was externally deactivated on module on part [M2X.FF5WayRCS] 5-Way Mk2 RCS Block
[TweakScale] WARNING: Duplicate TweakScale module on part [M2X.FF5WayRCS] 5-Way Mk2 RCS Block
[TweakScale] WARNING: TweakScale was externally deactivated on module on part [M2X.FF5WayRCS] 5-Way Mk2 RCS Block

There's 214 log entries complaining about this part in a way or another.

What's really interesting is that there's 814 (!!!) complains about "TweakScale was externally deactivated on module on part". This is the last line of defense of TweakScale, triggered when something fails to remove, or shove a TweakScale bad data on the part by brute force, TweakScale detects the badly formed data and kills itself on the part to prevent damage.

There's yet 83 complains about "Duplicate TweakScale module on part", what again hints we have a serious problem of bad patching on the instalment from @Tradyk. All of them on the same part, M2X.FF5WayRCS. This one is surely about bad patching, so I think we can assume the root cause of this torrent of complains are directly or indirectly related to bad patching.

@Tradyk , please post your full KSP.log (and the Module Manager's ConfigCache too!) on TweakScale's thread and we will continue from there (at least this appears to be unrelated to Hangar) about this specific issue. This will lift some weight from @allista's shoulder.

-- -- -- -- -- 

@allista, this one caught my eye:

7/24/2020 4:40:36 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Vessel Change from 'rover lander hanger-2' to 'rover mk3 Probe'

(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

dT is NaN! tA: NaN, E: NaN, M: NaN, T: NaN
  at System.Environment.get_StackTrace () [0x00000] in <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0
  at Orbit.GetDTforTrueAnomaly (System.Double tA, System.Double wrapAfterSeconds) [0x00000] in <c168e21ec56346b082f89043e76162e1>:0
  at PatchedConics._CalculatePatch (Orbit p, Orbit nextPatch, System.Double startEpoch, PatchedConics+SolverParameters pars, CelestialBody targetBody) [0x0
0000] in <c168e21ec56346b082f89043e76162e1>:0
  at PatchedConicSolver.Update () [0x00000] in <c168e21ec56346b082f89043e76162e1>:0dT is NaN! tA: NaN, E: NaN, M: NaN, T: NaN
  at System.Environment.get_StackTrace () [0x00000] in <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0
  at Orbit.GetDTforTrueAnomaly (System.Double tA, System.Double wrapAfterSeconds) [0x00000] in <c168e21ec56346b082f89043e76162e1>:0
  at PatchedConics._CalculatePatch (Orbit p, Orbit nextPatch, System.Double startEpoch, PatchedConics+SolverParameters pars, CelestialBody targetBody) [0x0
0000] in <c168e21ec56346b082f89043e76162e1>:0
  at PatchedConicSolver.Update () [0x00000] in <c168e21ec56346b082f89043e76162e1>:0

(and this logs repeats itself in secula seculorum)

I think there's something else on that KSP playing havoc with the game. TweakScale when borks (or it's borked by someone else) can shove NaNs on mass and some others physics parameters, but there's nothing on it that can affect the ticking of the simulation's clock. But the sequence of exceptions started exactly when the 'rover mk3 Probe' got the focus - so somehow they can be related.

20 hours ago, allista said:

Don't know; but if you could recreate the issue with stock/expansion parts and share the save, I'd work on it.

Keep me in the loop if you want. I need to find the source of all these bad patching or whatever - TweakScale just can't operate with invalid data, but yet, something is crazily shoving bad data into TweakScale these days!

Edited by Lisias
Hit "save" too soon.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.