[1.9-1.10] Hangar

allista

[b]Do you use the [u]Desaturated Texture Pack?[/u][/b]  

326 members have voted

1. 1. [b]Do you use the [u]Desaturated Texture Pack?[/u][/b]

• Yes, the grey textures are more stock-like
    • No, the green-orange textures are fine

• 4 weeks later...

If this mod is still being maintained(?)  (I assume it is since it was updated to 1.10.x which wasn't that long ago?)  I have a couple of .. well, I'll limit it to the nice-to-haves; I'm going to assume that the broken-ness I'm seeing is due to it not being compatible with the current version?

Anyway, my main request is for a version of the "space dock" part that's twice as big.  The current one, I can't fit anything useful into it, and it can't be tweakscaled.  I found that the inline hangars CAN be tweakscaled, so I suppose that's a work-around, ... and then I ran into the bugs which I won't get into until there's a supported version.  BUT, just wanted to say this is a great mod concept, and I would really like to either see a larger "space dock" or that part being made tweak-scale-able.  Not sure which is easier.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/28/2021 at 12:16 AM, JeffreyCor said:

This seems to be incompatible with 1.12. This is a very useful mod.

I too love this mod and have been fiddling with it the last few weeks on my new 1.12.0  save so hopefully this helps you too. I was having no joy with this and the ground/global construction mod. My problem was with the 000_AT_Utils folder. Somehow I borked the install downloading things while at the same time  copying some mods directly from my 1.11.1 save and was missing 3 .dlls in the plugin folder: 001_AnisotropicPartResizer, 002_Multianimaters and ConfigurableContainers.

Up until then the parts loaded but I didn't have the hanger UI buttons and the doors couldn't be closed or loaded with any ships or containers for any hanger. Point is, copied those dlls from my 1.11 save booted up and  the good times are back judging from two quick tests on the surface with the rover lander.  Further tests will follow but it seems to be working fine so far so double check your install.

Hey there! I love this mod! I like trying to use them on massive space planes! Which leads me to the following request: Would it be possible to reskin these hangars (and mounting options for the radial ones at least) to match the stock-alike MKII style? I know that must be tricky since your hangars are procedural and it's easier to extend a plain texture than a patterned one, but I'd love to combine your hangars with massive OPT parts to make a flagship that can deploy various vessels. 

Thanks for making this mod, and reading this comment! Peace!

Aside from its own parts, Hangar only provides models for stock parts.

But if you don't have any qualms regarding clipping parts (some people do), you can radially attach hangars inside OPT cargo bays (or any other similar bays).

In the craft below, I shoehorned a resized Radial Hangar to fit inside a OPT Humpback craft.

Because the part I used, Radial Hangar, doesn't allow crew transfers, I had to do the following MM patch to allow the Radial Hangar to transfer crews into craft inside the hangar.

Spoiler

@PART[RadialHangar]
{
    @MODULE[Hangar] {
        -NoCrewTransfers = true
    }
}

Spoiler

OULSlje.png

X1lbMoo.png

pKUtAtQ.png

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/28/2021 at 2:00 AM, bcqJC said:

Aside from its own parts, Hangar only provides models for stock parts.

But if you don't have any qualms regarding clipping parts (some people do), you can radially attach hangars inside OPT cargo bays (or any other similar bays).

In the craft below, I shoehorned a resized Radial Hangar to fit inside a OPT Humpback craft.

Because the part I used, Radial Hangar, doesn't allow crew transfers, I had to do the following MM patch to allow the Radial Hangar to transfer crews into craft inside the hangar.

Hide contents

@PART[RadialHangar]
{
    @MODULE[Hangar] {
        -NoCrewTransfers = true
    }
}

Hide contents

OULSlje.png

X1lbMoo.png

pKUtAtQ.png

I love the humpback bodyshape. Unfortunately my humpback cargo ramp tail keeps spawning my ship in the air. Have you ever found a workaround for the tail part?

• 1 month later...

I have tried in clean 1.12.2 the last version  of Hangar downloaded from github together with the World Stabilizer and Module Manager.

At least simple tests looked working OK for me.

Idk, maybe there are some conditions (some incompatible mods or old Hangar version), but the minimum looks working.

Edited by kerbiloid

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 7/31/2014 at 6:08 PM, allista said:

Oh, shame on me for not being clear >_<

Pics are coming in 10 hours, I just don't have time to prepare and post them now. Work.

There are several parts that, first of all, can capture and store vessels that are already launched and loaded. Such vessels are saved inside the part, their crew is transferd and then they're unloaded, so they basically disappear from the game. So yes, it is a mobile launcher of a sort.

very useful for building base! :) save my CPU and RAM! 

• 4 weeks later...

This is just a compatibility release for KSP-1.11.1

But it's here and it incorporates some important internal changes in AT_Utils.

The work on the release for KSP-1.12 is still in progress.

Version 3.6.2.1 for Kerbal Space Program 1.11.1

Released on 2022-02-19

Compatible with KSP-1.11.1

Download (30.47 MiB) 

• 2 months later...
22 hours ago, Grumpy_Bud said:

Maybe it is a bug... The miner never fixed, only the gate.

Only the hatch is fixed to the asteroid, providing the docking port for the Factory. So the factory can travel from one asteroid with a hatch to another.

For the Factory to work, though, it has to be docked to a fixed hatch, optionally through a corresponding docking adapter.

Don't know about the crash; this requires an investigation of the Player.log and may be unrelated.

The cargo bays from OPT or NFT Launch Vehicules will be ideal.

The patch in Hangar/MM/Squad.cfg converts the stock Mk2 cargo bay into a hangar. Maybe is just as simple as copying that patch to other parts? I'll check and report back if it worked

Scratch that, just read the patch and it uses a modified Mk2/3 cargo bay model

Edited by Firebird989