[1.9-1.10] Hangar

allista

[b]Do you use the [u]Desaturated Texture Pack?[/u][/b]  

326 members have voted

1. 1. [b]Do you use the [u]Desaturated Texture Pack?[/u][/b]

• Yes, the grey textures are more stock-like
    • No, the green-orange textures are fine

The good news is: KSP-1.0 is awesome! They finally added all the essential functionality (like aerodynamics and reentry heating and versatile engine models) that modders' community striven to maintain until now.

The "bad" news -- the API was changed significantly (Squad's code became more streamlined and effective in many ways as I've seen so far), there are many new part parameters from the new physical models and all.

While a simple recomplilation may be a matter of a few hours, proper adaptation of the Hangar will take time. The time I don't currently have in enough quantity to work effectively.

So the best course of action, it seems, would be to release a "working" recompilation ASAP, and then to work on a bug-report basis.

The good news is: KSP-1.0 is awesome! They finally added all the essential functionality (like aerodynamics and reentry heating and versatile engine models) that modders' community striven to maintain until now.

The "bad" news -- the API was changed significantly (Squad's code became more streamlined and effective in many ways as I've seen so far), there are many new part parameters from the new physical models and all.

While a simple recomplilation may be a matter of a few hours, proper adaptation of the Hangar will take time. The time I don't currently have in enough quantity to work effectively.

So the best course of action, it seems, would be to release a "working" recompilation ASAP, and then to work on a bug-report basis.

This excites me very much :)

This excites me very much :)

So far it does not look very good, I'm afraid.

The version I've compiled against KSP-1.0.2 (by simply fixing naming inconsistencies) does not work, raising many new NREs in previously tested places. Some of them I've already fixed, but I don't know how many more there are.

So far it does not look very good, I'm afraid.

The version I've compiled against KSP-1.0.2 (by simply fixing naming inconsistencies) does not work, raising many new NREs in previously tested places. Some of them I've already fixed, but I don't know how many more there are.

I feel with you bro, fixing KSPI Extended after KSP 1.0 feels like clearing a derailed train

080808-czeck-hmed-6a.hmedium.jpg

Edited by FreeThinker

Worse, It's like you have to do it in think fog during the night :P

And after that you can never be sure that you'd hunted down all the bugs and none are lurking under the hull somewhere :confused:

It's like driving a car fixed after a serious crash. It works, but you don't trust it like before...

And after that you can never be sure that you'd hunted down all the bugs and none are lurking under the hull somewhere :confused:

It's like driving a car fixed after a serious crash. It works, but you don't trust it like before...

At least you got the the luxury of fixing your own code. I have to fix other programmers code. :P

Oh boy! Now THAT is the real pain :sticktongue:

Did you think about getting together with the guys from KAS/KIS ?

I believe they are trying to do something similar in future releases (Vessels storing listed in KIS Forum Thread as planned feature), might be perhaps a good idea to put your heads together and merge both mods as both of you are working now to update them to 1.0.2 ;)

Edited by Jasseji

Hi I'm new to the forum. Thank you for your work on the Hangar mod. I enjoyed using your hangar mod with ksp0.9 and I wanted to mention that it is an almost essential tool for another mod: Netherdyne Mass Driver Mod by NorthStar1989. The mass driver accelerates whatever is inside its radius, but it is extremely difficult to get a ship inside another ship without a complicated decoupler network. With the Hangar mod I can connect a hangar to the mass driver, and then when I release a ship from the hangar it is acting as its own unattached entity, which makes it possible to accelerate with the mass driver. Even better, if one wants to fire the mass driver at 90 degrees with respect to gravity, the hangar body prevents the unattached ship from falling out of the acceleration radius due to gravity.

The specific hangars useful for this were the spaceport and the spaceplane hangar. Maybe I should mention this to the NorthStar guy as well.

ETA on this working for 1.0.2? I miss being able to use the hangars already for transporting lots of small craft without lots of lag.

Allista's got a big project on hand at his job. This addon is overly complicated in terms of coding. I believe he'll need 2-3 weeks with his current schedule to fix the mod.

Did you think about getting together with the guys from KAS/KIS ?

I believe they are trying to do something similar in future releases (Vessels storing listed in KIS Forum Thread as planned feature), might be perhaps a good idea to put your heads together and merge both mods as both of you are working now to update them to 1.0.2 ;)

Good idea, but I'm afraid I don't have time to work on such integration. It should be a huge work. But KAS may certainly use my code and count on my help if they decide to incorporate some of the Hangar's features.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi I'm new to the forum. Thank you for your work on the Hangar mod. I enjoyed using your hangar mod with ksp0.9 and I wanted to mention that it is an almost essential tool for another mod: Netherdyne Mass Driver Mod by NorthStar1989. The mass driver accelerates whatever is inside its radius, but it is extremely difficult to get a ship inside another ship without a complicated decoupler network. With the Hangar mod I can connect a hangar to the mass driver, and then when I release a ship from the hangar it is acting as its own unattached entity, which makes it possible to accelerate with the mass driver. Even better, if one wants to fire the mass driver at 90 degrees with respect to gravity, the hangar body prevents the unattached ship from falling out of the acceleration radius due to gravity.

The specific hangars useful for this were the spaceport and the spaceplane hangar. Maybe I should mention this to the NorthStar guy as well.

ETA on this working for 1.0.2? I miss being able to use the hangars already for transporting lots of small craft without lots of lag.
Allista's got a big project on hand at his job. This addon is overly complicated in terms of coding. I believe he'll need 2-3 weeks with his current schedule to fix the mod.

Next week I have to make a mid-term report about 2 years of my work in the lab >_<

So until then no programming; only number-crunching, statistics, slides and speech-writing :confused:

- - - Updated - - -

Can anyone say if the asteroid hatch itself is working ?

I mean i try to attach it to a roid but it wont engage :/

If you're using KSP-1.0.2 -- wait for the update.

If 0.90, the hatch should work. Arm it and aim carefully: it is best to attach it to a flat or slightly convex surface, so that the distance from the surface to the middle of the hatch is minimal. Imagine that the hatch has a very short hook at its center.

Edited by allista

Anyway, developer remember about mod and users. So, we can cleep quietly now :)

Cant continue my career without this mod, and cant wait for update, but...

Next week I have to make a mid-term report about 2 years of my work in the lab >_<

So until then no programming; only number-crunching, statistics, slides and speech-writing :confused:

ãÑÂÿõшýþù ÷ðщøты, ýø ÿухð ýø ÿõрð :)

How broken are the configurable tanks? Would it be possible to split them into a separate mod? (I rarely use the hangar functionality, but instead rely heavily on those tanks to haul materials with which to build craft on site.)

• 2 weeks later...

allista,

Best of luck on your work project. I sincerely hope it all works out well for you. Please, care for yourself and real life but don't forget about us all. I, and I'm sure many others, are eagerly awaiting your update to this unique and useful mod.

Best wishes,

-A.A.

First of all, thanks for this mod, as I am still waiting for 1.0 updates on other mods I can use this (yay) so I will download it soon. One question however concerning stored vessels. The OP states that vessels are unloaded, does this mean their mass is removed as well? Or does the mod account for that seperately?

First of all, thanks for this mod, as I am still waiting for 1.0 updates on other mods I can use this (yay) so I will download it soon. One question however concerning stored vessels. The OP states that vessels are unloaded, does this mean their mass is removed as well? Or does the mod account for that seperately?

The mass of the vehicle gets added to the hangar but the parts for the craft are not loaded so you get less lag.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.