[0.90] kTunes 1.2

cwc

Nice one, I'll give it a go. Which players does it work with (I assume you mean it doesn't play the music files itself)? VLC?

It emulates the 'media keys' present on many keyboards. It looks like it will control whichever player your OS decides it should, in that context.

It emulates the 'media keys' present on many keyboards. It looks like it will control whichever player your OS decides it should, in that context.

Bingo. Pretty much any modern media player is able to handle those keys, so it should work with all of them.

a bitten rocket as logo perhaps? :P

Ha, I like this idea. :D I'm not much of an artist, but if there's a neat (and free) icon out there I could probably edit it.

Hi,

Ty for your work, it very usefull. As im never happy, Can you make an integration on Blizzy78 toolbar? (if, that'll better :D)

That permit to hide ure plugin when not needed, and just clic the toolbar button 4 having it back (but surely u know that :D)

Edited by FacialJack

Hi,

Ty for your work, it very usefull. As im never happy, Can you make an integration on Blizzy78 toolbar? (if, that'll better :D)

That permit to hide ure plugin when not needed, and just clic the toolbar button 4 having it back (but surely u know that :D)

Yeah I was thinking I could stick a button in the new stock toolbar, but I haven't looked into the API for working with it yet. I'll make an issue for it.

kTunes 1.1 is now available.

There are now decent looking icons for the player controls, and a button in the stock toolbar to show/hide the kTunes window.

• 2 months later...
Ok forget winamp does this work with spotify and QMP?

I know from experience that it works great with Spotify. ;) The only requirement for support is that the media player handle media key events, which is going to be pretty much any modern player.

You might want to look into setting this it up to use "MPD" media controls instead.

You should be able to find an existing mono binding module for MPD, and it since it's only interacting with the GUI, and no Unity events, there is no need for it to be Unity specific.

MPD generally allows you to have music player controls and a now playing listing. It also has more advanced controls but they are harder to program for, most people don't want to bother with them, and they are less widely supported anyway.

You might want to look into setting this it up to use "MPD" media controls instead.

That's an interesting idea. I only set out to make a simple keyboard emulator, but supporting MPD opens up a lot of possibilities. It might be awhile before I can get around to it, but I'll keep it in mind.

Tracking issue: https://github.com/cwc/kTunes/issues/7

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Looks like this might be dead in the water, by just for informational purposes, I'll post that I installed this in KSP 1.0.5, and ran it on both Linux and Windows installs... Icon shows in the toolbar, and buttons show in the UI as they are supposed to...

However, clicking any of the buttons does absolutely nothing, and throws this exception in Exception Detector:

InputSimulator
    WindowsInput.InputSimulator.SimulateKeyPress

Thanks for the info Stone Blue, unfortunately it looks like cwc won't be back to update this and he never licensed it so it's all rights reserved.

I better close this thread for now, if cwc wants I can reopen it later.