Can We Get the "React" Teens to Play KSP?

Thomas988

Honestly, I think the average teen is not interested in such things and would not find KSP interesting. At least outside USA.

That is too bad, because KSP is a great game and would be fun for all ages.

If I showed KSP to some mates they would probably think it is a little kid's game because of how kerbals look.

Why don't we get 'trees react'? They have the same intellectual capability as most teenagers today

(I apologise to any trees with mental retardation that I may of offended)

I am a teen and i play KSP. Then again i do fly like a tree so...

I personally think it's going to be better if it was into Kids React. The characters in Teens React... just don't seem to be the type to be interested in KSP. As for "whiny users" swaming the forums... they'll just eventually go away because of the game's requirements. And most of them likely won't be interested in the game(or, if they are, will just get it to destroy rockets or be like Danny or CG_Kerbin)

Why don't we get 'trees react'? They have the same intellectual capability as most teenagers today

(I apologise to any trees with mental retardation that I may of offended)

Agreed my friend. The next and the current generation are already ruined by the Internet....

Actually, they are ruined by some cr*p on there like InstaSpam and BadBook.

I can just see those teens whining and complaining that they cant understand it; KSP needs more than a few minutes of game-play to realize how amazing it can be.

Ahh, I love the fresh smell of KSP elitism and generalized perspective of others in the evening... :) (Not)

Seriously, though? Generalizing? Is that the best you can do? :huh:

I have yet to ask anyone in the high school I go to if he/she had played KSP...

Seriously, though, KSP is a rather good game and I've actually made a series about it in YouTube. Though the most popular videos are usually done by the people of the majority (over 18).

Probably off-topic, but I tried to access this forum from the school internet and "access denied"... :D

Agreed my friend. The next and the current generation are already ruined by the Internet....

Actually, they are ruined by some cr*p on there like InstaSpam and BadBook.

By that you mean Instagram and Facebook. I *very* rarely use FaceBook, and I don't use Instagram at all. Forum posting is my main online communication method, although I do use YouTube. :)

I have yet to ask anyone in the high school I go to if he/she had played KSP...

Seriously, though, KSP is a rather good game and I've actually made a series about it in YouTube. Though the most popular videos are usually done by the people of the majority (over 18).

Probably off-topic, but I tried to access this forum from the school internet and "access denied"... :D

By that you mean Instagram and Facebook. I *very* rarely use FaceBook, and I don't use Instagram at all. Forum posting is my main online communication method, although I do use YouTube. :)

You are the 3rd (let's assume) teenager I know who doesn't sit in FB 90% of the time and doesn't use Instagram! Welcome to the team!

What I meant was the majority of teenagers try out ksp, get annoyed that it doesn't work their way and quit. When I meet a teenager who plays KSP, I shake his hand, and I was lucky to meet at least 5 of those now.

You are the 3rd (let's assume) teenager I know who doesn't sit in FB 90% of the time and doesn't use Instagram! Welcome to the team!

What I meant was the majority of teenagers try out ksp, get annoyed that it doesn't work their way and quit. When I meet a teenager who plays KSP, I shake his hand, and I was lucky to meet at least 5 of those now.

I don't have Facebook or Instagram and i play KSP, make me number 4!

What I meant was the majority of teenagers try out ksp, get annoyed that it doesn't work their way and quit.

...I admit, whenever something doesn't work my way, I HyperEditâ„¢ it so it does. :blush:

Fortunately this mostly only applies for more hardcore things such as docking, rendezvouing and Geosynchronous orbits.

...I admit, whenever something doesn't work my way, I HyperEditâ„¢ it so it does. :blush:

Fortunately this mostly only applies for more hardcore things such as docking, rendezvouing and Geosynchronous orbits.

GSO isn't very difficult (unless you use RemoteTech, then that's difficult), and rendezvousing and docking is much easier than GSO. The hard part for me is to build a rocket that is mostly safe (explosions with the main body of the rocket surviving doesn't cut it).

Off-Topic: I'm posting this on Windows 10 Technical Preview.

• 1 month later...

This type of thread seems to pop up every couple of months or so in either space lounge or the general area. They all seem to reach the same two conclusions (at least the ones I have read :P). And those conclusions are A. our community would be saturated with people unfamiliar with the game which leads to long time users being aggravated and leaving the forums causing the forums (or at least the more trafficked sections) to become lost into a storm of posts about questions and complaints. B. (my favorite and also the one I believe would be most likely for these scenarios) There would be the influx of users after the initial video like option A. but in this situation once a few weeks pass the game itself sifts out the gold from the sand and people who actually enjoy the game and spaceflight would stay and business would carry on as usual, but with a larger community of equal passion for space and KSP.

• 3 months later...

I like technology just as much as those kids who keep throwing space travel, But i think that these stupid kids are to busy drinking, Smoking, And whatching useless videos of cats all their life, AND THEY THINK THEIR HAPPY!!??

happiness for me would be to sit in a sailboat on titans methane lakes and watch the ethearial beauty of worlds beyond, And experience the joy of being alive.

Just putting in my two cents here - a teenager who played KSP, and I know a lot of people who are teens who play the game - there's over a dozen at my school. In fact it seems most of the people I know well on the KSP forums are teens as well.

However, I agree with the general consensus that a LOT of teens would like KSP- but that's just because not everyone is into space. After all we can't all be astronauts. I don't think KSP would work well on teens react simply because it takes a long time to learn. It's not like GTA or CoD where you just jump in- KSP Is hard. It took me two weeks to get to the Mun and I know most people take a lot longer, if at all.

Another thing - KSP is not something that would go over well on teens react just because they don't grasp the idea of the building. Teens live a funneled life and are used to literally everything being dumbed down for them - school, websites, even games *ahem Candy Crush, Farmville*. The reason KSP is so great is the infinite build possibilities - and an infinite world(s) to explore, and the average teen (and actually the average person) lacks the ability to comprehend free choice- we rabble about rights and freedoms but we really just fall into line behind whatever is popular and easy to choose. Only about 15% of the population (I estimate) is capable of it- not everyone can be a leader, everyone else is a follower.

Can I be 5th? :P

You can bump that up to six. 15-year-old here! :)

Now guys, really, this thread is old. No need to keep it going. (Yes, I know this post is quite counterintuitive, but I like to defend my generation.)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.