Cart Modelling Guidelines v1.34 + Inter-Plugin Communication

Did you decrease texture's alpha channel? alphaCutOff has nothing to do with Transparent shaders, it affects Transparent Cutout shaders only (which are used to render some KSP stock parts, e.g. parachutes).

See the link in Section 6 for more information.

YES! Got it now, turns out I didn't define the part as CART in the cfg file, stupid me. =P Your mod is probably only way to create transparent surfaces at the moment right? I defined my canopy models as cart to get around that transparency issue. So, thank you sir! Next going to figure out building landing gears using you mod! =)

Your mod is probably only way to create transparent surfaces at the moment right? I defined my canopy models as cart to get around that transparency issue.
AFAIK, yes.

Probably I'll make a simple module allowing to change a shader for any model... it's just one line of code :rolleyes:

UPD. [thread=18063]Done.[/thread]

Edited by Tosh

I almost got it to working, there's still something I'm doing wrong because I cannot rotate the craft using WASD, the craft is stuck to the default orientation, I can however accelerate ,crawl sideways and brake. Have you encountered something similar?

EDIT: never mind, Appeared to be some rotation problem, fixed and now they only launch 1 mile high when starting flight.. :P

EDIT: ok, two results so far, 1. can't use WASD but can move. 2. can't use WASD and the springs(probably) launch the craft to sky at start. This has perhaps something to do with rotations

You mention assembling the vehicle in unity, so what I have to do is export from blender, move to part tools, delete rotations in part tools, and because the parts now face the wrong way assemble them manually again?

Edited by vvaris

EDIT: never mind, Appeared to be some rotation problem, fixed and now they only launch 1 mile high when starting flight.. :P
Are wheel anchors well above node_collider's lowest plane? ;)

If they're not, then wheels are spawned being partially in the ground, causing the craft to jump.

Are wheel anchors well above node_collider's lowest plane? ;)

If they're not, then wheels are spawned being partially in the ground, causing the craft to jump.

Err.. no.. need to do some more testing then. :) I'm trying to achieve this: http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/Gal5/4701-4800/gal4799_Su-27_Manninen/02.jpg How should I should set it up, put the anchor high and then adjust the suspension so that the collider won't hit the ground?

EDIT: yes, got it "working" again, only problem that still haunts me is that The crafts cannot be rotated. Did this ever happened to you?

Edited by vvaris

Heres my blend file https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2988574/gearsofvvaris.7z. The config file is mostly from hstwCart, Using it as a "placeholder" until I get around this issue. If you can take a quick look I would appreciate it. =)

EDIT: Tried .dae instead of .mu worked right away, at least so far. I must be doing something strange in unity or blender. When you export from blender what format do you use? I used fbx, to keep models a reasonable size in blender I multible the scale 100x in fbx exporter settings, going to test if that's the problem. I would like to get the .mu and part tools working so I can animate a cover hatch for the wheels.

EDIT: Just placeholder graphics at the moment and not deploy-able but they are already feel awesome! :D

Edited by vvaris

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I'm new on the forums and I have a cool concept of a wheel bay that would be a part of the rocket. It would be better than landing gear because you can steer it. I finished the model and the animations but I have no idea on how to implement it using unity.

wheelanimation.gif

Hi I'm new on the forums and I have a cool concept of a wheel bay that would be a part of the rocket. It would be better than landing gear because you can steer it. I finished the model and the animations but I have no idea on how to implement it using unity.
Hi Sava! welcome to the forum :)

Cool model; it would be nice to see it in KSP :).

Sadly I've no idea on how to work with animations, so my plugin doesn't support such a closing bay. So I can't help you :(.

wheelanimation.gif

That looks fantastic, I have no understanding of anything about modding as of now, trying to learn a bit to maybe create a fuel tank at some time, but that looks freaking awesome!

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.