If You Could Make a Mod, What Would it Be Like?

Thomas988

I think I'd do a mod that had different natural resources that could be mined/gathered. Those resources would then need to be researched or refined into new materials that could be used to build better or different parts. It would expand the R&D part of the game.

I had a similar idea, and I'm actively working on learning C# (from a distant Java background) to try to implement it. I wanted to add in a few other things, though: Rare resources from other planets/moons, trading depot parts for stations/planetary bases that would then demand those resources (facilitating trade), and the ability to bring raw or machined rare resources back to the KSC for fabulous rewards. I'd love to hook that whole system into a base-building component for the KSC which could really give funds a use in exchange for improved facilities, access to upgraded parts, better antennas, that sort of thing.

sticking to the topic of the thread...

i use a few mods, but even without them, the KSP 32-bit process ends up colliding with the memory cap and subsequently freezing. i've tried the 64-bit release but it's so buggy compared to the (now) very stable 32-bit that it's just not worth it until the 64-bit unity process gets cleaned up. that's clearly going to be a while.

if i were able, had the skills, i would write a plugin for blizzy's toolbar that would track the memory usage of ksp and maybe give a warning when the process gets close to the cap. i would much rather save and restart than deal with the crashes and possible losses or (badly timed autosave points). right now, i use task manager but it cant be seen if running KSP full-screen.

/daydream mode on: I'd make a mod that added a competitive endgame of some sort. Maybe you meet an alien race during your interplanetary exploration, and you have to compete to establish the best colonies, to extract resources most efficiently, maybe build up the best defenses, who knows. I know it's not a realistic idea, but since the OP asked, why not. :)

I do have a little experience with C# and 3D modeling -- just enough to be dangerous or mediocre or both. :)

Magnetic boots so I can have a Kerbal stick to the side of my ship in EVA or inside if I want.

I've wanted that for years, and admittedly havent ever really tried very hard to make it happen, but surely people.. magnetic boots, it can't be that hard can it?

This is dead easy, It'd be a mod to make IVA's actually interactive, releasing Kerbs from being trapped in the seat for the whole journey, I already have a couple of huge IVA elements that are useless without it, admittedly a Kerb can enter them and drift around but ideally, once inside the hull of the vessel the Kerb should be considered INSIDE with some form of basic gravity. This would allow those of us who enjoy making IVA's to go mad, individual cabins, rec rooms, hangar bays, large domed outposts etc etc ad infinatum , it'd be great

I am currently learning how to code and model so that I can make my mod ideas into a reality.

If I did know how to do it all now, I would make a stock alike mod that adds in a 3m space station modual, and other things such as fueled nosecones.And I would make a mod that adds in spacecraft that you can customize by putting certain parts on it.

DON'T steal these ideas.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.