Help, my capsules have been disemboweled.

TranceaddicT

Okay, so I've just moved to ubuntux64 and installed KSP and Modded the crap out of it, see below. SO anywho, I spend about 1.5-2h verifying mods are 0.24.2 compatible, drop in some part only mods (shouldn't be a prob there) and get it up and running. Woot, woot. I've got the KSP I've been longing for. Eagerly, I move a save file over and YES! it loads. Time to start shooting Kerbal into the great beyond.

I go to the VAB and select my first NextGen capsule and get this:

iTyDyvc5UUS1yuVGytyk3oIKGnbqY7sQFq6Ts46sB66o=s207-p-no

Note: this is not exclusive to FASA. It occurs for any capsule AND probes. Basically, any commandPod.

Mods below. I've got no clue where to start. (I REALLY would prefer to get some direction and not have to clean and add one by one UNLESS I absolutely must.)

000_Toolbar
AIES_Aerospace
B9_Aerospace
BahaSP
BobCatind
BoulderCo
CSS
CoherentContracts
CustomAsteroids
EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements
FASA
HabitatPack
HexCans
ISS_Comunity
JSI
KWRocketry
Kerbaltek
KittopiaSpace
Klockheed_Martian_CoolRockets
Lionhead_Aerospace_Inc
MagicSmokeIndustries
NASAmission
Nereid
NothkeSerCom
NovaPunch2
OpenResourceSystem
PartCatalog
RPL
SDHI
SPD
SovietPack
Space Factory Ind
SpaceFactory
Squad
SurfaceLights
ThunderAerospace
TriggerTech
UAL002
US_KAS
UmbraSpaceIndustries
XanderTek
blizzy

P.S. How do you do the Spoilers thing?

I can't quite tell what's happening in that tiny picture, but since you say it's happening to all command pods, you can probably eliminate parts mods. Adding in the ones I've use recently gives this list:

000_Toolbar
AIES_Aerospace
B9_Aerospace
BoulderCo
EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements
FASA
KWRocketry
MagicSmokeIndustries
NASAmission
NovaPunch2
SovietPack
Squad
SurfaceLights
TriggerTech
blizzy

Try taking all of those out, then starting a new save. If the problem still is happening, try a binary search:

1. Remove half of your mods
  2. If the problem's fixed, put half of the mods from step 1 back in, and repeat.
  3. If not, remove half the remaining mods and repeat

Other than that, can't help without your logs.

I have diagnosed the problem.

It seems a new mod (actually older, but new to me) also installed some hidden folders (/.fr-e-4ruls) in which there was a deprecated version. Fresh install, moved folders sans hidden; no more disemboweled capsules.

On to next problem (fix one thing break another), click launch in VAB ... nothing. Was using a old 0.23.0 save, started new game. Imported old quicksave and loaded; good persistent. (ty MeCripp)

Next problem, Mission Control closed. Hmmm, 0.23 save was before First Contract ... compare persistent file between and found ...

SCENARIO

{

name = ContractSystem

}

missing. C/P all is good in my Kuniverse.

Sidenote:

Personally, I attempted to make this move 3mo ago. Somehow, I botched the ubuntu install and wiped my software archive (1TB of data accumulated over 10y -- gone in 15m), thus putting me off of linux for the duration.

This time I unplugged all other drives. And still botched the initial install, but forged on and now I can't wait to relegate W to a gaming only platform.

Thank you MasterTao and MeCripp for your assistance.

Now, M-O-A-R mods!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.