Community Resource Pack [WIP]

RoverDude

Apology for the double post, but I thought it would be useful to throw in the values that I have been using, for reference.

RESOURCE_DEFINITION
{
name = LiquidO2
density = 0.00652
unitCost = 0.75
flowMode = STACK_PRIORITY_SEARCH
transfer = PUMP
isTweakable = true
}

//LiquidH2 replace with LiquidHydrogen

//Methane replaced with lqdMethane

RESOURCE_DEFINITION
{
name = Kerosene
density = 0.00474
unitCost = 0.1
transfer = PUMP
isTweakable = true
}

RESOURCE_DEFINITION
{
name = Hydrazine
density = 0.006
unitCost = 0.5
transfer = PUMP
isTweakable = true
}

RESOURCE_DEFINITION
{
name = Aerozine
density = 0.0075
unitCost = 0.5
transfer = PUMP
isTweakable = true
}

Looks fine to me, I'll roll it into the next release

• 2 weeks later...

So, just a general question from a user (not a modder), where are you getting density figures from?

Reason I ask is I was having a "LiquidO2 not found in resource database. Propellant Setup has failed." error and began looking around the CRS.cfg. (which has just been solved by adding saabstory's RESOURCE_DEFINITIONs)

For example, in CRS, LqdMethane is defined as "density = 0.00186456". This is not a critique, but more of a curiosity.

I have found the following:

Praxair:

0.00042561 kg·cm3 (425.61 kg/m3) -or- 0.42561 kg/l

Air Liquide

0.00042236 kg/cm3 (422.36 kg/m3) -or- 0.42236 kg/l

I don't doubt that your numbers are rooted in correctness, but how do these numbers relate? Is there a fudge factor (of about 25%) for the Kerbiverse? What am I missing?

So, just a general question from a user (not a modder), where are you getting density figures from?

Reason I ask is I was having a "LiquidO2 not found in resource database. Propellant Setup has failed." error and began looking around the CRS.cfg. (which has just been solved by adding saabstory's RESOURCE_DEFINITIONs)

For example, in CRS, LqdMethane is defined as "density = 0.00186456". This is not a critique, but more of a curiosity.

Praxair:

Air Liquide

I don't doubt that your numbers are rooted in correctness, but how do these numbers relate? Is there a fudge factor (of about 25%) for the Kerbiverse? What am I missing?

They are based on the numbers from other mods. KSPI, NFT, TAC-LS, US, etc.

Praxair:

Air Liquide

The CRP definition of LqdMethane comes from Interstellar. Based on the capacities of methane tanks in Interstellar 0.11 being only slightly greater than the stock LFO tanks whose models they use, Fractal_UK may have been following the 4.5- or 5-liter-per-unit convention that Squad appears to have used for LFO.

A specific question of protocol:

The BioMass mod, when it first came out, listed a density for "biomass". Later versions changed what that density is. If I recall correctly, Kethane's density has also changed over time.

How should this be dealt with, because the mod originator is sort of breaking the guidelines if they refine the density of the resource they create.

A specific question of protocol:

The BioMass mod, when it first came out, listed a density for "biomass". Later versions changed what that density is. If I recall correctly, Kethane's density has also changed over time.

How should this be dealt with, because the mod originator is sort of breaking the guidelines if they refine the density of the resource they create.

Just let me know and I'll tweak BioMass in CRP :) Things get a bit weird if you go from, say, 5L units to 1L units, but I think right now MKS is the only mod that uses Biomass (Based on the old values) so easy enough for me to change that.

Just let me know and I'll tweak BioMass in CRP :) Things get a bit weird if you go from, say, 5L units to 1L units, but I think right now MKS is the only mod that uses Biomass (Based on the old values) so easy enough for me to change that.

Cool. I'll PM you values. The upcoming BioMass update will be a mix of "5L" and 1L units for compatibilities sake. In my perfect world they would all be "5L" units, but such is life. It just makes the compressor that turns oxygen into oxidizer a bit odd.

Cool. I'll PM you values. The upcoming BioMass update will be a mix of "5L" and 1L units for compatibilities sake. In my perfect world they would all be "5L" units, but such is life. It just makes the compressor that turns oxygen into oxidizer a bit odd.

Awesome, so I take it you're looking at the CRP values? (Would make sense since we use TAC-LS for oxygen, food, etc.)

Awesome, so I take it you're looking at the CRP values? (Would make sense since we use TAC-LS for oxygen, food, etc.)

Yeah. BioMass and TAC-LS both model biological processes, so it makes sense to try and make them play well together, even if we disagree on density bases (5 vs 1).

Yeah. BioMass and TAC-LS both model biological processes, so it makes sense to try and make them play well together, even if we disagree on density bases (5 vs 1).

Trust me - I feel your pain ;) Have to deal with both sets myself. I've come to the conclusion that resource unit size will be the Viet Nam of KSP modding.

• 2 months later...

Hi,

first time post from an KSp addicted newbie but it might actually fit in the thread. While testing BioMass parts I wanted to fill carbon dioxide into the greenhouse, using a Karbonite air scoop. But lo and behold Carbon dioxide is not one of the selectable gases that is in Kerbins atmosphere. Checking in the game data folder I find carbon dioxide defined by KSP Intersteller, but not by Karbonite.

So, me not finding carbon dioxide to scoop is it working as designed? (i.e. using a Karbonite part will not show carbon dioxide, using an intersteller part would?)

Is maybe the definition of Interstellar overridden by Karbonite? Are some BioMass definitions (that I didn't find) responsible?

In addition (and forgive me please as I'm totally not into programming) could I define the composition of Kerbins atmosphere myself? (presumably somewhere in the KSP stock files?)

I'm still stuck with 0.24.2 as Biomass has not migrated to 0.25 (but all Karbonite and Interstellar mods are for 0.24.2 - so yes, they are not of the latest built).

Hi,

first time post from an KSp addicted newbie but it might actually fit in the thread. While testing BioMass parts I wanted to fill carbon dioxide into the greenhouse, using a Karbonite air scoop. But lo and behold Carbon dioxide is not one of the selectable gases that is in Kerbins atmosphere. Checking in the game data folder I find carbon dioxide defined by KSP Intersteller, but not by Karbonite.

So, me not finding carbon dioxide to scoop is it working as designed? (i.e. using a Karbonite part will not show carbon dioxide, using an intersteller part would?)

Is maybe the definition of Interstellar overridden by Karbonite? Are some BioMass definitions (that I didn't find) responsible?

In addition (and forgive me please as I'm totally not into programming) could I define the composition of Kerbins atmosphere myself? (presumably somewhere in the KSP stock files?)

I'm still stuck with 0.24.2 as Biomass has not migrated to 0.25 (but all Karbonite and Interstellar mods are for 0.24.2 - so yes, they are not of the latest built).

Welcome to the forums!

The reason this doesn't work is because the air scoop you are using isn't set up to collect CO2, you would have to add CO2 collection to the part config file, or cfg, in order for it to gather CO2.

Also are you using Interstellar Lite, or regular old Interstellar? Because if you are using regular Interstellar, it doesn't use CRP and the ORSX plugin to define atmospheric resources, it uses ORS (which ORSX is based off of) so it's CO2 may not be the same as the CO2 used by BioMass.

Stock KSP has no resource definitions aside from the regular old LiquidFuel, Oxidizer, etc. it doesn't define the composition of an atmosphere beyond a simple hasOxygen = True/False. So in order to have resources that can be collected from the land, air and oceans special code is used to put that stuff into the game, this is what ORS/ORSX do.

I highly recommend you learn some basics on editing cfgs, it can really open up new horizons for your KSP experience, although it may just induce headaches until you get a grasp on it. There are some tutorials and write ups out there and also just look at what you have installed and try to figure out what does what. All you need is a simple text editor like Notepad, I recommend getting Notepad++ it's free and it has some features specifically meant for editing these kinds of files. Getting a handle on this stuff can be a huge boon, you can adjust parts to your liking, it makes troubleshooting problems easier since you have a better grasp of what does what, and can allow you to do things like modifying the ORS/ORSX files that define atmospheric resource distribution and adjust them to your liking, or edit parts from separate mods to work together.

The above post pretty much hits it.

CRP does not define CO2 as part of Kerbin's atmosphere - KSPI does. KSPI does not use CRP, they do their own thing. So there will be discrepancies. CRP only has, last I checked, Oxygen, Karbonite, and Argon in atmospheres leaving the rest wide open as space for other mods to do things.

Thanks Akira_ and Roverdude for the replies. Can I summarize that the problem is, that different mods have the atmosphere designed diffrently and no cross access is possible? But Akira said that it is also in the parts config. So just adding (well, if I could add it) CO2 into the CRP (or OSRX) of the Karbonite mod would still not cut is and I'd have to add the utilisation capability into the part (here atmospheric scoop) as well? Is that correct so far?

I think I really understood the importance of the CRP project just now!

Well, I could dabble in editing the game .cfg as the 0.24 game save has become more and more unstable and I shifted to 0.25 (runs very fine so far). For the scoop to collect CO2 I have to do two things - add CO2 in the CRP/OSRX and add CO2 scooping in the scoop config. Maybe I'll just try this.

• 2 weeks later...

So since afew days i get strange behavior and i think its because of OSRX.. I have alot of diffrent Tanks and drills on a rover, and only this rover brings the game nearly to freeze. The log says:

[EXC 15:27:58.866] IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.

ORSX.ORSX_AnimationGroup.get_ActiveAnimation ()

ORSX.ORSX_AnimationGroup.PlayDeployAnimation (Int32 speed)

ORSX.ORSX_AnimationGroup.SetRetractedState (Int32 speed)

ORSX.ORSX_AnimationGroup.CheckAnimationState ()

ORSX.ORSX_AnimationGroup.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node)

PartModule.Load (.ConfigNode node)

Part.LoadModule (.ConfigNode node, System.Int32& moduleIndex)

ProtoPartModuleSnapshot.Load (.Part hostPart, System.Int32& moduleIndex)

ProtoPartSnapshot.Load (.Vessel vesselRef, Boolean loadAsRootPart)

ProtoVessel.LoadObjects ()

Vessel.Load ()

Vessel.Update ()

[EXC 15:27:58.867] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Part.ModulesOnStart ()

Part+

.MoveNext ()

[EXC 15:27:58.867] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Part.ModulesOnStart ()

Part+

.MoveNext ()

[EXC 15:27:58.992] IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.

ORSX.ORSX_AnimationGroup.get_ActiveAnimation ()

ORSX.ORSX_AnimationGroup.PlayDeployAnimation (Int32 speed)

ORSX.ORSX_AnimationGroup.SetRetractedState (Int32 speed)

ORSX.ORSX_AnimationGroup.CheckAnimationState ()

ORSX.ORSX_AnimationGroup.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node)

PartModule.Load (.ConfigNode node)

Part.LoadModule (.ConfigNode node, System.Int32& moduleIndex)

ProtoPartModuleSnapshot.Load (.Part hostPart, System.Int32& moduleIndex)

ProtoPartSnapshot.Load (.Vessel vesselRef, Boolean loadAsRootPart)

ProtoVessel.LoadObjects ()

Vessel.Load ()

Vessel.Update ()

and so on till the ram is full.

It was working fine... no updates to ORS since then and suddenly this happens.

Edited by Rashim
typo

I thought so:

KSP: 0.25 (Win32) - Unity: 4.5.2f1 - OS: Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (6.1.7601) 64bit

USI Tools - 0.2.4

Asteroid Recycling Tech - 0.5.4

CIT - CIT_Util - 1.0.4

CIT - KERT - 1.1.2

Community Resource Pack - 0.2.3

Firespitter - 6.3.5

KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.5

ORSX - 0.1.3

SCANsat - 1.0.8

TextureReplacer - 2.0.2

TAC Life Support - 0.10.1.13

USI Exploration Pack - 0.2.5

Freight Transport Tech - 0.2.4

Karbonite - 0.4.4

Karbonite Plus - 0.2.3

MKS - 0.21.3

USI Survivability Pack - 0.1.3

Yeah I'm great fan of your mods :)

I deleted and reinstalled your modpackages.

i had extraplanetary launchpad installed, but it doesn't changend anything in the logfile as far as i could see.

and i haven't edited the cfgs myself.

I tried without the OSRX folder.. and that actually solved the zeroframebug, but the drills weren't working. Surprisingly they were loaded and in place tough.

MKS Drill I and II

This is the ksp protokol:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByPMrLCuHbMHdEY1WWZ6bHFDWkE/view?usp=sharing

I just build the same rover again, and it is working fine on kerbal, no error in the log file, everyrhing working fine. Just like the otherone on mun does bevor one day it produced the error.

So one is working fine, and one not.

Here's a pic of it:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByPMrLCuHbMHX291azloMXUtU00/view?usp=sharing

Edited by Rashim

Yehaaa!!

Problem solved, but i would never got to this by the logfile.

the was a Camdock Kerman Debries nearby from when the poor Camdock fell on his nose.

Just out of curiosety i deleted this strange Debries, cause camdock was doing fine anyway. and... the error disapeared.

So i quess it has something to with Livesupport consumption and having two Camdock Kerbal parts.

Good i solved it before V.90, when it will be pointless anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I am sorry to be a stupid poster, but I want to integrate properly with CRS and ORS with my new mod TestFlight. I want to have resources for the powdered metals and plastics, like you use with a 3D printer. I looked at the CRS document but it lists a lot of resources from a lot of sources but I am unclear on exactly which resources are actually part of CRS, and if there is anything there I can use or not. If there isn't, which I think it likely, how would I got about submitting them for approval and addition?

CRP not CRS :) Anything on that list is part of CRP, but note that ORS support is no longer supported (you may want to look at the release vs dev thread). I'll have a mod close this one out to avoid confusion.

Release thread is here

Oh sorry. I just assumed that the DEV thread was the most up to date.